Rihannsu
# 141
03-28-2013, 09:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cerritourug View Post
The fact that you paid for a race is what you get, a NEW race to play, NATHING more, and nothing less.
if i'm paying real money for a race, it damn well better have something good to offer me, and not just a look

the jump height exploit is only a problem because there's no collision in the areas cats can currently get to to stop them from getting there; a few invisible walls will quickly fix that, and without having to touch something someone paid for

as for the dodge issue, the omega personal shield gives a 29%+ to dodge chance, which is 19% more than the cat races get, and those pieces can be gotten for FREE with a bit of grind and work on ANY race, so your complaint is invalid...not that it wasn't already invalidated as soon as you insulted lindaleff
Quote:
Originally Posted by pwecaptainsmirk View Post
*reassuringly strokes your hair*
Hush now, you will be back kicking Neelix and killing those nasty Vaadwaur soon enough... hush child.
*pat pat on your head*
epic smirk is epic
Empire Veteran
# 142
03-28-2013, 09:58 AM
Non-feline races can exploit areas too Shadow. Even without the jump boost.
King of Lions rawr! Protect the wildlife of the world. Check out my foundry series Perfection and Scars of the Pride.
http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/sh...1#post13990891
Rihannsu
# 143
03-28-2013, 09:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ashkrik23 View Post
Non-feline races can exploit areas too Shadow. Even without the jump boost.
which is why invisible walls need to be put up instead of smashing everything in sight that the players don't like with the nerfbat
Quote:
Hush now, you will be back kicking Neelix and killing those nasty Vaadwaur soon enough... hush child.
*pat pat on your head*
epic smirk is epic
Survivor of Remus
# 144
03-28-2013, 10:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowfang240 View Post
if i'm paying real money for a race, it damn well better have something good to offer me, and not just a look

the jump height exploit is only a problem because there's no collision in the areas cats can currently get to to stop them from getting there; a few invisible walls will quickly fix that, and without having to touch something someone paid for

as for the dodge issue, the omega personal shield gives a 29%+ to dodge chance, which is 19% more than the cat races get, and those pieces can be gotten for FREE with a bit of grind and work on ANY race, so your complaint is invalid...not that it wasn't already invalidated as soon as you insulted lindaleff
The dodge chance of the Feline trait,the shield and the gambling device stack,and it does make the cats harder to kill.

Anything that makes an average player good and a good player unbeatable is OP.
Rihannsu
# 145
03-28-2013, 10:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by carcharodon1975 View Post
Anything that makes an average player good and a good player unbeatable is OP.
true, but in the case of feline dodging, and dodging in general for that matter, cryptic can always do for that what they did for phaser subsystem disable...add a timer after a successful dodge that prevents further dodging in that time

sure, the cats would still have a higher dodge chance than any other race, but that would just mean such a timer would be getting triggered more frequently, leaving said cat vulnerable to fully damaging attacks for a few seconds, which is more than enough time to kill someone on the ground

basically, there are plenty of different ways around a problem without resorting to a direct nerf

EDIT: or if dodge chance can stack, maybe make it have a hard cap and/or subject to diminishing returns, like resistance
Quote:
*pat pat on your head*
epic smirk is epic

Last edited by shadowfang240; 03-28-2013 at 10:43 AM.
Captain
# 146
03-28-2013, 12:38 PM
Quote:
true, but in the case of feline dodging, and dodging in general for that matter, cryptic can always do for that what they did for phaser subsystem disable...add a timer after a successful dodge that prevents further dodging in that time

sure, the cats would still have a higher dodge chance than any other race, but that would just mean such a timer would be getting triggered more frequently, leaving said cat vulnerable to fully damaging attacks for a few seconds, which is more than enough time to kill someone on the ground

basically, there are plenty of different ways around a problem without resorting to a direct nerf

EDIT: or if dodge chance can stack, maybe make it have a hard cap and/or subject to diminishing returns, like resistance
Cats should have never been given dodge within their trait. Feline instincts is already worth 5 different traits. You will notice that the KDF equivalent does not have the dodge bonus. Cryptic realized just how OP that trait is, and they didn't repeat their mistake. If you don't think it's OP, consider this. When using the Omega Mk XII set with two other players on the team with the Omega set, a cat is able to hit 100% dodge chance. That means that all incoming fire on the cat is first cut in half. The damage must then pass through the shield resists before then getting though ~45% armor damage resistance. Which means from every attack on a cat, less than 20% of weapon damage is actually damaging the cat. Add in the fact that there is currently no ability to decrease dodge, and you begin to see why cats are overpowered.
Rihannsu
# 147
03-28-2013, 12:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by majortiraomega View Post
Cats should have never been given dodge within their trait. Feline instincts is already worth 5 different traits. You will notice that the KDF equivalent does not have the dodge bonus. Cryptic realized just how OP that trait is, and they didn't repeat their mistake. If you don't think it's OP, consider this. When using the Omega Mk XII set with two other players on the team with the Omega set, a cat is able to hit 100% dodge chance. That means that all incoming fire on the cat is first cut in half. The damage must then pass through the shield resists before then getting though ~45% armor damage resistance. Which means from every attack on a cat, less than 20% of weapon damage is actually damaging the cat. Add in the fact that there is currently no ability to decrease dodge, and you begin to see why cats are overpowered.
you must've missed this part of my post, so i'll post it again

Quote:
or if dodge chance can stack, maybe make it have a hard cap and/or subject to diminishing returns, like resistance
that would stop ALL members of a team carrying omega gear and gambling device buffs from having all their incoming damage cut in half, not just those of the team that are cats

consider the deeper issues here instead of being tunnel visioned by the fact that a PREMIUM race has a better trait than a freebie race (and i mean that in the nicest way possible)
Quote:
*pat pat on your head*
epic smirk is epic

Last edited by shadowfang240; 03-28-2013 at 12:54 PM.
Captain
# 148
03-28-2013, 12:52 PM
Quote:

No one said or ask for the caitian nerf (not me at least), but the maps should not allow the exploit. And I am glad that you agree with that, and you don`t want a pay to win race like lindaleff, correct?

Quote:
What in the name of god are you talking about? I said nothing about dodge and I dont even care.. I only said that for the only fact that you paid for a race you should not be allow to exploit a map. Do you even reed what I wrote?

Division Hispana
www.divisionhispana.com

Last edited by cerritourug; 03-28-2013 at 12:57 PM.
Rihannsu
# 149
03-28-2013, 12:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cerritourug View Post
What in the name of god are you talking about? I said nothing about dodge and I dont even care.. I only said that for the only fact that you paid for a race you should not be allow to exploit a map. Do you even reed what I wrote?
that part of my post was directed at the general population all moaning about how the dodge chance on Feline Instincts somehow makes the trait worth 5 of any other trait, for which there are plenty of ways to deal with it in a manner acceptable to everyone; it wasn't directed at you at all

EDIT: nevermind; i just noticed i did direct it at you specifically...my apologies for that, but my point above still stands
Quote:
*pat pat on your head*
epic smirk is epic
Captain
# 150
03-28-2013, 02:38 PM
Quote:
consider the deeper issues here instead of being tunnel visioned by the fact that a PREMIUM race has a better trait than a freebie race (and i mean that in the nicest way possible)
That gets into another deeper issue of "pay to win" - should people that have more money be able to buy items that give them an advantage in PvP? Yes, premium, paid races should have something "special" about them, but I think that special thing is the race itself in this case, rather than a trait that causes as much controversy as the Caitians' do.