Community Moderator
I'm curious about plans to organize and form Romulan fleets when LoR launches in May.

I'm thinking that I want to know up front which Romulan fleet I'm going to join, and why. Or have a pretty good justification for starting one with the goal of an active roster.

I understand that we don't have a lot of detail yet and some decisions might need to be delayed or subject to change, but what are your plans?

Do you already know what you're going to name the fleet? (Bear in mind those names are going to be first-come, first-served, so you might not want to advertise them just yet...)

Is it going to be a special-purpose or themed fleet? (PvP, RP, Group PvE, UGC, etc.)

What's your leadership structure going to be? Imperial/Praetorial (one leader), Senatorial (council of leaders), Democratic (shared authority with voting rights), or Military (ranking structure)?

Where will your sympathies lie? The RSE? The Tal Shiar? The NRE Reunificationists under D'Tan? (if that's an option...)

Will you have any special requirements for membership?
Volunteer Community Moderator for the Star Trek Online forums -- My views may not represent those of Cryptic Studios or Perfect World Entertainment. If you wish to speak to someone on the community team, file a "forums and website" support ticket here, as we are not able to respond to PMs regarding moderation inquiries.
Link: How to PM - Twitter @STOMod_Bluegeek
Career Officer
# 2
03-25-2013, 02:36 PM
im naming mine The Tal Shiar and cant take my name as its all ready in use by me

Is it going to be a special-purpose or themed fleet? Group PvE,PvP,UGC

What's your leadership structure going to be? the old romulan GOV but im the Praetor but ranks will come from the following your level up to a certain point officer ranks will be giving out on how you help the fleet in all ways

Where will your sympathies lie? The Star Empire

and we will have Ventrilo for STF pvp so on

Will you have any special requirements for membership? nope any and all are welcome as long as your not one of the following a Fed spy or a KDF spy
swimwear off risa not fixed
system Lord Baal is dead
Quote:
Originally Posted by valoreah View Post
It's not their fault you feel trolled by the new ability to be immune to your disco ball, sorry'boutit.

Last edited by daan2006; 03-25-2013 at 03:11 PM.
Lieutenant
# 3
03-25-2013, 02:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluegeek View Post
I'm curious about plans to organize and form Romulan fleets when LoR launches in May.

I'm thinking that I want to know up front which Romulan fleet I'm going to join, and why. Or have a pretty good justification for starting one with the goal of an active roster.

I understand that we don't have a lot of detail yet and some decisions might need to be delayed or subject to change, but what are your plans?

Do you already know what you're going to name the fleet? (Bear in mind those names are going to be first-come, first-served, so you might not want to advertise them just yet...)

Is it going to be a special-purpose or themed fleet? (PvP, RP, Group PvE, UGC, etc.)

What's your leadership structure going to be? Imperial/Praetorial (one leader), Senatorial (council of leaders), Democratic (shared authority with voting rights), or Military (ranking structure)?

Where will your sympathies lie? The RSE? The Tal Shiar? The NRE Reunificationists under D'Tan? (if that's an option...)

Will you have any special requirements for membership?
I'm naming mine BEEP( private for now.....)
Mostly democratic but I will remain leader.
Mostly just a fleet but we will have PvP every now and then
D'Tan probably.
No special requirements, but I will kick you if you've been offline for more than a month.
Tell me if you want to join!!
U.S.S. ENTERPRISE NCC 1701-Z
Malivistitisa Class (39-century Federation Class)

Last edited by nelson2014; 03-25-2013 at 02:46 PM.
Captain
# 4
03-25-2013, 03:38 PM
I honestly haven't given it much thought. How much time I devote to Roms will probably be in direct relation to how many Missions it has. I'd much rather spend my time finishing off my Fed and KDF Fleet projects than start a Rom project - especially if the Roms end up with only a few Missions. If I'm gonna grind it might as well be for things that are closer to being done.
STO is about my Liberated Borg Federation Captain with his Breen 1st Officer, Jem'Hadar Tactical Officer, Liberated Borg Engineering Officer, Android Ops Officer, Photonic Science Officer, Gorn Science Officer, and Reman Medical Officer jumping into their Jem'Hadar Carrier and flying off to do missions for the new Romulan Empire. But for some players allowing a T5 Connie to be used breaks the canon in the game.
Rihannsu
# 5
03-26-2013, 10:34 AM
Quote:
<snipped>
As a new member of the IRF, I can un-officially offer some information that I have managed to learn of my "new home" -

The name is already taken as a Fed fleet name so there won't be a problem changing names afaik.

As far as a "theme", the IRF is and has been a home to Romulan fans (STO and otherwise) for quite some time now.

I do believe the IRF will reflect the RSE in both sympathies and organization.

I do invite you to follow the link in my sig and peruse to your hearts content to see if the IRF would provide for what you seek in a fleet.
Community Moderator
# 6
03-27-2013, 02:06 PM
Point-of-order...

Do we know for sure that fleet names are universally-unique, or are they only unique across factions?
Volunteer Community Moderator for the Star Trek Online forums -- My views may not represent those of Cryptic Studios or Perfect World Entertainment. If you wish to speak to someone on the community team, file a "forums and website" support ticket here, as we are not able to respond to PMs regarding moderation inquiries.
Lieutenant
# 7
03-27-2013, 02:32 PM
Quote:
Point-of-order...

Do we know for sure that fleet names are universally-unique, or are they only unique across factions?
My fleet name is unique among the Romulan faction
U.S.S. ENTERPRISE NCC 1701-Z
Malivistitisa Class (39-century Federation Class)
Community Moderator
# 8
03-28-2013, 02:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nelson2014 View Post
My fleet name is unique among the Romulan faction
What are you talking about?

The expansion's not even on Tribble yet. There are no Romulan factions in STO, therefore no Romulan fleets and no fleet names at all, unique or otherwise.

What I am asking is, does the game prevent KDF fleets from having the same name as Federation fleets and vice versa?

If it does, that means you can't reserve a fleet name except by deleting or renaming an existing fleet before you create it.

If it doesn't, and names are only unique within the faction, then as soon as there's a new faction all of the names are up for grabs.
Starfleet Veteran
# 9
03-28-2013, 02:47 PM
Quote:
There are no Romulan factions in STO, therefore no Romulan fleets and no fleet names at all, unique or otherwise.
But the fact that his name does exist in a non existent faction make it that much more unique.
Career Officer
# 10
03-28-2013, 02:53 PM
Quote:
What are you talking about?

The expansion's not even on Tribble yet. There are no Romulan factions in STO, therefore no Romulan fleets and no fleet names at all, unique or otherwise.

What I am asking is, does the game prevent KDF fleets from having the same name as Federation fleets and vice versa?

If it does, that means you can't reserve a fleet name except by deleting or renaming an existing fleet before you create it.

If it doesn't, and names are only unique within the faction, then as soon as there's a new faction all of the names are up for grabs.
Im pretty sure the system only "secures" names within the faction itself. So once the romulan side comes out any names taken will then be "closed" off. Reason why I dont truely.. in some reguard I do but still, dont understand why romulan fleets are maken websites, names already when you havent truely secured your name in game. What happens if a group see''s your name and then uses it and your then at the last moment trying to rework a name or what have you.

My fleet atm is working through several names and when everything goes live we are rushhhin to get it secured haha.
Like my Fan Page Here
xXLocutusXx