Ensign
# 51
03-27-2013, 11:58 PM
I agree with having the Edosians (http://en.memory-alpha.org/wiki/Edosian). Might be hard to make Boffs or Captains with the extra arm & leg animation, but I'd buy a Boff in the C-Store. But at least having them as Doffs should be easy as long as they're part of the license.

The enemy species I'd like to see are the Kelvans. (http://en.memory-alpha.org/wiki/Kelvan) We saw them disguised as humans in TOS' "By Any Other Name," but the description of their natural form sounded like mini-Lovecraftian monstrosities. (Mini for Lovecraftian monstrosities, that its.) Worf claimed to have fought one, so they should be still around. Cryptic could flesh out a non-humanoid enemy that was beyond TOS' or even TNG's special effects abilities.
Career Officer
# 52
03-28-2013, 12:45 AM
Edo.

"They make love at the drop of a hat."
"Any hat."

- Geordi La Forge and Tasha Yar

"I won't try to hide behind the Law if what I stand for is what's Right."

The Masterverse Timeline / Ten Forward Fanfics
Ensign
# 53
03-28-2013, 08:59 AM
Hasnt Kirk tapped just about every race there is?
Career Officer
# 54
03-28-2013, 09:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hauriant View Post
The enemy species I'd like to see are the Kelvans. (http://en.memory-alpha.org/wiki/Kelvan) We saw them disguised as humans in TOS' "By Any Other Name," but the description of their natural form sounded like mini-Lovecraftian monstrosities. (Mini for Lovecraftian monstrosities, that its.) Worf claimed to have fought one, so they should be still around. Cryptic could flesh out a non-humanoid enemy that was beyond TOS' or even TNG's special effects abilities.
Come on man. This is Cryptic. You should know exactly what would happen if we fought Kelvans with Cryptic's idea of combat balance.
We'd spend the entire fight rolling around the floor as salt cubes O>o

Quote:
Originally Posted by sander233 View Post
Edo.

"They make love at the drop of a hat."
"Any hat."

- Geordi La Forge and Tasha Yar
I'm in, if we can blow up their arrogant "god".

Yes I have a thing against haughty alien superbeings (that aren't amusing like Q). Sue me.

Last edited by lizwei; 03-28-2013 at 09:04 AM.
Career Officer
# 55
03-28-2013, 09:58 AM
What about the Vidiian? Has anyone mentioned them? You could loose DOFFs or BOFFs if you do not repel their attack. It could be a whole series. Trying to get crew back or traveling like Voyager and fight them off.

http://en.memory-alpha.org/wiki/Vidiian
Captain
# 56
03-28-2013, 01:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by grantsghost View Post
What about the Vidiian? Has anyone mentioned them? You could loose DOFFs or BOFFs if you do not repel their attack. It could be a whole series. Trying to get crew back or traveling like Voyager and fight them off.

http://en.memory-alpha.org/wiki/Vidiian
According to the Think tank episode, they were cured after Voyager get away from their space. Before the Plague they were highly evolved, and quite friendly. The desperation drove them to what they did, but they probably have reverted to a peaceful species.
According to several discussion with vidiian, they really hated what they are doing, but they didn't have a choice for survival.

However, it could be funny to meet them again, without the Plague. They may want to join the Federation, after all, before the plague, they shared common beliefs.
Lt. Commander
# 57
03-28-2013, 03:34 PM
I recently watched the Voth episode of Voyager. They actually beamed Voyager inside the City ship. I have to revise estimate of the size of the city ship. It is more like 1000+ times the size of Voyager. The voth scientists downloaded the entire Voyager database in an instant.

This hints of serious power and 20 million years of Doctrine that is some serious attitude like rule tha galaxy complex attitude. They could even be the race to obliderate the Borg once and for all.

Imagine Starfleet Scientists uncovering a temporal archive of older Voth records. Proving even to the Voth the distant origin theory is true. The entire Voth civilization heads to Earth with a serious case of home sickness.

They see themselves as being the first race in the galaxy! Therefore they have rights over everyone else. Determining the fate of the federation and the Galaxy. Or something like that.

Either that or the Voth discover their own archive and prove the theory themselves.

Another possiblity is the Voth have a political and civil upheavel. Some leave Voth society to go to earth to study their old home. We would be like play things to them.

Perhaps the Voth even have tech to deal with the medalsom Q!

Last edited by zztoppers; 03-28-2013 at 03:36 PM.
Captain
# 58
03-28-2013, 03:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kilka1 View Post
Hasnt Kirk tapped just about every race there is?
I am sure there have to be several Alien species between when Kirk entered the Nexus and the start of TNG that Kirk didn't get a chance to "Discover".

Heck most of the Delta and Gamma species would be new to him.
Career Officer
# 59
03-28-2013, 04:56 PM
Hey Cryptic! Want a lock box idea? Slaver Stasis Box. You know you want to.

Otherwise, Xindi, Tellarites, and more Ferasan/Caitan stuff. MOAR!
Rihannsu
# 60
03-28-2013, 06:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by zztoppers View Post
I recently watched the Voth episode of Voyager. They actually beamed Voyager inside the City ship. I have to revise estimate of the size of the city ship. It is more like 1000+ times the size of Voyager. The voth scientists downloaded the entire Voyager database in an instant.

This hints of serious power and 20 million years of Doctrine that is some serious attitude like rule tha galaxy complex attitude. They could even be the race to obliderate the Borg once and for all.

Imagine Starfleet Scientists uncovering a temporal archive of older Voth records. Proving even to the Voth the distant origin theory is true. The entire Voth civilization heads to Earth with a serious case of home sickness.

They see themselves as being the first race in the galaxy! Therefore they have rights over everyone else. Determining the fate of the federation and the Galaxy. Or something like that.

Either that or the Voth discover their own archive and prove the theory themselves.

Another possiblity is the Voth have a political and civil upheavel. Some leave Voth society to go to earth to study their old home. We would be like play things to them.

Perhaps the Voth even have tech to deal with the medalsom Q!
Well.... SOME of the Voth DO know the truth. I suspect their leaders maintain the status quo for political reasons.
HAIL HYDRA!

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
I can haz joystick!
MMOs aren't charities. Corporations are supposed to make a profit. It's what they do.