Ensign
# 1 Ship scrapage scheme
03-28-2013, 04:36 PM
i would like to suggest a "ship scrapage scheme".like the car scrapage scheme in britain if you trade in an old car you get money of a new one.i think ships bought in the c store could be applied to this and it would encourage more people to buy new ships for a reduced price
Career Officer
# 2
03-28-2013, 04:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ncc74656dc View Post
i would like to suggest a "ship scrapage scheme".like the car scrapage scheme in britain if you trade in an old car you get money of a new one.i think ships bought in the c store could be applied to this and it would encourage more people to buy new ships for a reduced price
But since C-Store ships can be reclaimed account wide, multiple times, this seems to be a concept that's open to abuse...
Lieutenant
# 3
03-28-2013, 04:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ncc74656dc View Post
That wouldn't really make sense. The issue there is that in the real world, you get money but in exchange, they get something valuable (an old car). In this proposal, you're asking them to take something which is worthless to them, and give you something valuable in exchange. Yeah, it would result in more C-store purchases, but they'd effectively be giving them to you for free (since you got free Zen for turning in your old ship anyways).

The only reason to do that would be if they, for some reason, are trying to get more new ships and fewer old ships in the game, for reasons other than just making money.
Captain
# 4
03-28-2013, 04:43 PM
Yeah... this doesn't really work with digital products.......
http://i1151.photobucket.com/albums/o633/centersolace/189cux9khvl6ojpg_zpsca7ccff0.jpg

So inhumane superweapons, mass murder, and canon nonsense is okay, but speedos are too much for some people.
Ensign
# 5
03-28-2013, 04:54 PM
I never said they'd give us anything valuable I said they would reduce the price of a new ship and as for account wide reclaiming you would get one trade in per ship class,not each individual ship so you could trade in a galaxy class starship,but only claim on the galaxy class once
Captain
# 6
03-28-2013, 05:01 PM
Wouldn't work, C-Store ships are reclaimable items, so you can discharge and reclaim them as many times as you like, people would be reclaiming and discharging these ships over and over again just to get free Zen. IF they limit reclaiming they will virtually end C-Store sales since no-one is going to buy a ship that they don't retain permanent ownership of.
The scrappage scheme is just that, the car manufacture is making enough of a profit on the sale of a new vehicle that the exchange deduction on the old car is insignificant, they can afford to do that because they are charging you too much for the vehicle to begin with and if you're buying by payments, with the interest etc., you will have paid the price of 2 or 3 vehicles by the time you're paid off.

Last edited by maxvitor; 03-28-2013 at 05:04 PM.