Captain
# 2401
03-27-2013, 11:50 AM
Happy second anniversary, Captain_Zero and The Captain_Zero Is PURE AWESOMENESS Thread!
Quote:
Originally Posted by hort_wort
Hahahaha, thanks Cryptic, for doing your part to make the F2P transition of SWTOR such a success!!
Captain
# 2402
03-27-2013, 12:26 PM
Yay! Here's to two more years and 241 more pages of Zanyness!
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
HI HO, HI HO. OFF DUTY SLOT NEEDS TO GO!

"It's better to ask a dumb question, than to remain an idiot forever."
Career Officer
# 2403
03-27-2013, 02:11 PM
Why am I blue? Ah well, time to give those Orions a run for their money.

Happy birthday, thread for my friend.
I miss my _.
Career Officer
# 2404
03-27-2013, 05:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JCSWW View Post
She's the person behind the Ten Forward Battle Brigades, well known within the Ten Forward ranks, the commanding officer of the U.S.S. Ten Forward-A, and most importantly an Animaniacs fan. So... Lets celebrate her greatness with some Animaniacs classics starting with...

Star Truck

The Great Wakkorotti: The Master And His Music

Clown And Out

Slappy Squirrel - Who Is On Stage

Be Careful What You Eat

Presidents

50 State Capitals

Nations Of The World

Wheel Of Morality Compilation

Good Idea / Bad Idea Compilation

One of my favourite Animaniac quotes:

Dr. Scratchansniff: I've invited another one of my patients to join us for today's session.
Yakko: Who is it? One of those adorable Olsen twins?
^^^ The post that kicked off this thread two years ago today.

Quote:
With threads about various Ten Forward well-known personalities around here, I started the Captain_Zero Is PURE AWESOMENESS Thread because Z was more than just a regular in the TenForwardForum chat. Z was appointed (by popular demand) to one of the 5 new A Fleet Called Ten Forward (AFCTF) admins, is the person behind and maintaining the TFBB, and is also one of three admins which oversee the 10ite community. I think Corban said it well in regards to this threads creation.

Dude! You are missed around here along with many others! Here are a few more posts from others, some of which no longer play.

Below are a few thankful and complimentary posts made by a few of us over the life of this thread.

Gronk braving the one of the forums he hates most to say hi to my buddy! [= The STO boards! :p

There are so many great posts worthy of being quoted in the 124 pages. I wish I had the time to organize more. The forum limitations made it hard to add more to some of the previous posts or even keep some together enough to even bother post. That doesn?€™t mean they didn?€™t go unnoticed. I've heavily skimmed over this thread twice in the past week but please feel free to post and/or quote anything you wish to add. There is one more post I decided to make over on our boards because it would have taken four posts to do so here. I am very thankful for everyone that took the time to visit and post in this thread over the past year! [=

One final note for the last post reflecting on this thread over the past year. This game is full of amazing people that I have come to know over the past couple of years. It's no secret how much I love and adore my buddy, Z! If you're ever in doubt of that, just read through this thread or ask. I have absolutely no problem stating it! A huge thanks to everyone behind Star Trek Online for providing the game that introduced me to my buddy! She is the greatest gift and blessing life has ever rewarded me with! That said, the last quote from this thread is by me.
^^^ One of my posts from one year ago today.

Over the past ywo years, Captain_Zero has educated us all with bus models and makes as names for her ships. When a Galaxy X comes at you and one-shots you with the lance, it's hard to forget the name, Sat-T-Liner HDX. Speaking of school buses... Z's avatar and signature you can't miss. The Residential School Bus of Ten Forward! With Romulan's on the way, I'm wondering if there are enough school bus makes and models left to name all of her Romulan ships to come.

And now... some bus images.

Shortcut High School Bus
Copernicus High School Bus
Sky High School Bus
Patent Bending School Bike
Just plain whacky

In keeping with the school bus theme of today's 2 year anniversary. Here's an old article on future school bus concepts created by some art students.

HAPPY 2ND ANNIVERSARY, The Captain_Zero is PURE AWESOMENESS Thread!!! Most important. Thank you Z for being so awesome to deserve your own thread for us to celebrate it! [=

Edit: For the second quote, the board automatically removed the quotes within so click the red dot next to my ID in the quote to see the original post.

Last edited by jcsww; 03-27-2013 at 05:34 PM.
Captain
# 2405
03-28-2013, 12:40 PM
Pre-Easter long weekend madness is in full effect! With Friday being a holiday in Canada (Good Friday) and Easter Monday. A 4 day weekend with temps in the mid 50's make for some epic traffic. A log of people usually take the Friday off anyway even if it's not a holiday for them. For those who only have a 3 day weekend.
Quote:
Originally Posted by hort_wort
Hahahaha, thanks Cryptic, for doing your part to make the F2P transition of SWTOR such a success!!
Career Officer
# 2406
03-28-2013, 04:46 PM
Bus fixed it

Quote:
With threads about various Ten Forward well-known personalities around here, I started the Captain_Zero Is PURE AWESOMENESS Thread because Z was more than just a regular in the TenForwardForum chat. Z was appointed (by popular demand) to one of the 5 new A Fleet Called Ten Forward (AFCTF) admins, is the person behind and maintaining the TFBB, and is also one of three admins which oversee the 10ite community. I think Corban said it well in regards to this threads creation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corban_Lewis
A thread that is well overdue. I need not mention the PVP aspect. Zero is also very community minded and not at all in your face with her supeior fighting abilities. Unless she's smacking you in the face with a rifle butt, or blowing your ship up for the 10th consecutive time. Oops, I mentioned it.
Dude! You are missed around here along with many others! Here are a few more posts from others, some of which no longer play.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vrano
Zero is a great person to chat with. Havn't ever PvP'd against her...much less against anyone I know, mainly because I know I suck, so rather not waste anyone's time with it, lol.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hairymanback
I would agree that Capt. Z is forged from solid awesomeness.

Below are a few thankful and complimentary posts made by a few of us over the life of this thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MGDawson
Playing with Captain_Zero in STO doing the Deferi dailies cheered me up, especially as being ill was starting to depress me. Thanks Z.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JCSWW
By the way. I'd like to thank Captain_Zero for all of the help in getting my Klingon upto Lt. General during the Double XP weekend and before. From Commander 10 upto Lt. General 1, Rex was leveling with my toon almost the entire time. Thank you so much Captain_Z! [=
Quote:
Originally Posted by SenshiBat
The best little big bus that could... Avatar award..
Quote:
Originally Posted by JCSWW
Just wanted to offer up a huge thanks to Z for all of the time we spent teamed last week to get our toons very close to VA. [= We still have a little more time to get those toons to VA before the F2P mess takes over.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gronk161
This is my first official post in this thread.

HI Z!!!!
Gronk braving the one of the forums he hates most to say hi to my buddy! [= The STO boards! :p
Survivor of Romulus
# 2407
03-28-2013, 05:31 PM
Who is this Captain_Zero and why is he so awesome?
Player of the once promising game known as Star Trek Online. Derider of the derisory, Sultan of Stun, Captain of the Obvious and the Oblivious.
Dies a wee bit each time he sees a dino.
Career Officer
# 2408
03-28-2013, 06:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by captan2er0 View Post
Bus fixed it
YAY!

Quote:
Originally Posted by captainoblivous View Post
I believe the very first post in this thread explains that.
Career Officer
# 2409
03-30-2013, 09:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by captainoblivous View Post
*whistles innocently, then walks away*
Career Officer
# 2410
03-30-2013, 10:15 PM
HAPPY EASTER, Z!!! *tackles bus* Happy Easter to everyone! I hope your weekend is full of fun, family, and tons of awesome food!