Rihannsu
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 5,207
# 181
03-28-2013, 01:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sollvax View Post
Reasons not to use a cloak

1 its cowardly and will lead to officers being seen as chicken
2 it will encourage piracy as all fed captains will be tempted
3 it causes MPB (male pattern baldness)
4 it is well known that ships with cloaks flown by humans blow up or crash into asteroids
5 It has been proven that federation officers who command cloaked ships violate the prime directive casually
6 Cloaked ships burn power which could be better used
7 I said so
7 is not an acceptable reason, and 3, 4 and 5 are just silly, while 2 is debatable, but 1 and 6 are definitely true
Quote:
[Combat (Self)] Your Kumari Phaser Wing Cannons - Overload deals 128698 (67705) Phaser Damage(Critical) to Borg Bird-of-Prey.
don't mess with the andorians
Quote:
Originally Posted by starswordc View Post
If it walks like an idiot, talks like an idiot, and acts like an idiot, it's a frakking idiot.
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,343
# 182
03-28-2013, 04:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lizwei View Post
What is unethical about a cloaking device used for recon and defence?
This is the Federation we are talking about, right? Cloaked ships and crews cannot proudly show that they are wearing their idealistic white hats while cloaked.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lizwei View Post
What next? Maybe they should demand that all Federation ships fly around with no weapons and shields to prove they're friendly?
I was unaware that "Federation principles" means "be your annoying neighbour's personal *****"
Check most of the Fed' cruisers/sci ship classes in the game, most of them are the next closest thing to being unarmed.



Quote:
Originally Posted by lizwei View Post
Past idiocy does not justify present idiocy.
Unless the person acting in idiocy doesn't learn from their past, then idiocy is assured.
Captain
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 1,273
# 183
03-28-2013, 05:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by wraithshadow13 View Post
I'm not really sure how that's running with my ball and again it's sounding to biased and angry not too mention that it sounds more like the KDF didn't sacrifice anything as it never had those things to begin with.

I've already listed a few ideas towards making it fair and more advanced, but i'd gladly give up the fifth console, I'd gladly allow the klingon ships to be upped stat wise, but that's not the argument i was making. If you're bitter about something by all means go ahead but don't start getting crazy on the forums over it as it's really not going to help your argument.


I'm not advocating buffing the fed cloak to make it OP, i've even said add a bigger Debuff when cloaked. All i'm saying is that

A: all cloak should be activated at will like battle cloak (since clarification is needed apparently)

B: There should be a faction specific advanced cloak for each faction based on the fact that the cloaking technology was already out dated by DS9 anyway.


As for going through a mine field, i'm not really sure why you would do that with out shields... it just seems silly.
And the question is, are people willing to give up something in stats to gain a battlecloak, something that really isn't as awesome and OP as some people like to think? I don't want more ships having the battlecloak, anyhow, because that's one of the few things keeping an entire ship class in the KDF relevant. That's one of several reasons, anyhow.

And make no mistake, BoP pilots sacrifice stats to get the battlecloak. They're also sacrificing to get the universal boffslots (which are useful, but aren't as awesome as they used to be due to universal boffslots being put on other ships). If they just wanted a cloak, they could fly a Fleet raptor, which outperforms the BoP in direct escort-to-escort fighting due to higher hull and shield mod, an extra weapon slot, and so on. Would Defiant pilots really be willing to give up something to get a battlecloak, something of only situational use?
Captain
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 1,292
# 184
03-28-2013, 05:31 PM
easy way to solve this issue: make Ker'rat a neutal zone - borg are the only enemy.

I bet 90% of Fed players asking for a cloak are not serious instanced pvpers where the battle cloak is useless,

No serious KDF Bop captains cloak in instanced pvp except in the openning first strike - and in that case its not even that effective because the aware Fed players know its coming.
Starfleet Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 390
# 185
03-28-2013, 05:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by travelingmaster View Post
And the question is, are people willing to give up something in stats to gain a battlecloak, something that really isn't as awesome and OP as some people like to think? I don't want more ships having the battlecloak, anyhow, because that's one of the few things keeping an entire ship class in the KDF relevant. That's one of several reasons, anyhow.

And make no mistake, BoP pilots sacrifice stats to get the battlecloak. They're also sacrificing to get the universal boffslots (which are useful, but aren't as awesome as they used to be due to universal boffslots being put on other ships). If they just wanted a cloak, they could fly a Fleet raptor, which outperforms the BoP in direct escort-to-escort fighting due to higher hull and shield mod, an extra weapon slot, and so on. Would Defiant pilots really be willing to give up something to get a battlecloak, something of only situational use?
yeah... instead of giving the battlecloak to the defiant, give it to the aquarius, it's the closest thing to a BoP on the fed side
In every time,
in every place,
the deeds of men
remain the same...
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,085
# 186
03-28-2013, 05:58 PM
Again, a lot of the argument i'm seeing is just kind of "Wah! Cryptic hates the KDF, the Feds are better Wah!"

I'm not arguring the stats of the battle cloak, just the ability to activate at will as well as there should be better advanced versions. all i'm hearing is "I don't like this, I don't want that. Don't take away MY special ability."

That mentality is the exact reason why Klingons don't even have their original home world any more, and why a race of honorable Warriors is anything but.

Again, the fact is Romulans are coming, they will have cloak and more than likely better ships. Will you cry about how unfair they are as well? If there are three sides of a war and two sides are using a technology, the third will as well. The arguments being made against really don't seem to hold up much when they sound more like an infant crying than a warriors battle cry.

All i want is for the cloak in game to be more like the cloak from the show, maybe you should stop making sound like such a personal sacrifice when KDF people are even saying how useless it is.
Survivor of Romulus
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 5,020
# 187
03-28-2013, 06:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by wraithshadow13 View Post
Again, a lot of the argument i'm seeing is just kind of "Wah! Cryptic hates the KDF, the Feds are better Wah!"

I'm not arguring the stats of the battle cloak, just the ability to activate at will as well as there should be better advanced versions. all i'm hearing is "I don't like this, I don't want that. Don't take away MY special ability."

That mentality is the exact reason why Klingons don't even have their original home world any more, and why a race of honorable Warriors is anything but.

Again, the fact is Romulans are coming, they will have cloak and more than likely better ships. Will you cry about how unfair they are as well? If there are three sides of a war and two sides are using a technology, the third will as well. The arguments being made against really don't seem to hold up much when they sound more like an infant crying than a warriors battle cry.

All i want is for the cloak in game to be more like the cloak from the show, maybe you should stop making sound like such a personal sacrifice when KDF people are even saying how useless it is.
Completely out of topic, since I'm way beyond bothering discussing cloaks for the day.....but, what do you mean the Klingon don't have their original homeworld???

P.S. I don't really care about what kind of ships or cloak the Romulans get, what I'd like and care about is to keep this game as close to the canon parameters as possible, so it would feel like playing Star Trek more, rather than just casual MMO with a Trek skin over it.

Also, if you want your cloak to behave more like the one in the shows (battlecloak), this means that every Klingon ship should have a battlecloak, right?
Show your support for the Revamped Galaxy Class Exploration Cruiser here!
Lieutenant
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 82
# 188
03-28-2013, 06:53 PM
Federation players who persist in complaining about cloaks deserve cloaks that function just like the ones featured on the shows. Because you are such a fan of keeping things close to canon I'm sure you will agree the U.S.S. Pegasus is an appropriate canon reference for such a device.
Ensign
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 6
# 189
03-28-2013, 07:05 PM
i would have to agree about being allowed a cloaking device but only to a point they only be allowed on the dreadnought cruiser and tactical escort refit and adding to mirror universe ships which if i recall npc mirror universe ships have them anyway but do know this they shouldn't be battle cloak's
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,085
# 190
03-28-2013, 07:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by shpoks View Post
Completely out of topic, since I'm way beyond bothering discussing cloaks for the day.....but, what do you mean the Klingon don't have their original homeworld???

P.S. I don't really care about what kind of ships or cloak the Romulans get, what I'd like and care about is to keep this game as close to the canon parameters as possible, so it would feel like playing Star Trek more, rather than just casual MMO with a Trek skin over it.

Also, if you want your cloak to behave more like the one in the shows (battlecloak), this means that every Klingon ship should have a battlecloak, right?
You have every right to be confused, i was horribly wrong on that part. I'm refering to star trek VI, where the Moon above Qo'nos is destroyed, causing enough damage to the planet's Ozone. Had it not been for the Federation's help they wouldn't have had a home planet.

So i apologise for that.

As for the other bit YES, more so i feel that if all basic Cloak is all Battle cloak then KDF Battle cloak should in turn be he advanced version so all current battle cloak enabled ships should there for be able to fire projectiles while cloaked. Advanced battle cloak should be made into something new to reflect the changes in technology to which i tossed out the idea of a cloaking buoy in an earlier post, while the feds are still limited in which ships can use the cloak(i.e. only one per class).


Quote:
Originally Posted by horridperson View Post
Federation players who persist in complaining about cloaks deserve cloaks that function just like the ones featured on the shows. Because you are such a fan of keeping things close to canon I'm sure you will agree the U.S.S. Pegasus is an appropriate canon reference for such a device.
Yes, very much so to the degree that the intagibility cloak should be the Federation Version of advanced cloak (again only usable by one of each class at t5 or fleet) while both the klingon side and the romulan sides should also get their own version of Advanced Battle Cloak as well.

Intagible cloak would mostly be for traveling with maybe a small chance to have torps miss it with the added debuff of mines or gravity wells doing more damage to it.

I'm not saying we need to take away what makes the KDF unique i'm saying we need to make it more like canon. It should be more advanced by now on all fronts as well as being able to activate it all at once. I wouldn't even mind if the KDF or RR got them as part of the ship while the feds still needed to equip them as consoles.
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 09:57 AM.