Career Officer
# 11
03-28-2013, 02:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by borticuscryptic View Post
Hi. That's me. Not my greatest work ever, I'll admit.
I never really had any issues with the VO work itself, it was the dialogue that you had to work with at times that left me with a less than happy feel for Kurland and how he talks with VAs.
Starfleet Veteran
# 12
03-28-2013, 03:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by borticuscryptic View Post
Hi. That's me. Not my greatest work ever, I'll admit.
"Scribbles your name on my airlock..."

Quote:
Originally Posted by jheinig View Post
Early testing showed that people got confused and lost on the map without having explicit directions. Didn't really help that it was the first spacewalk map!
Maybe an update to allow us vets who have run it a hundred times to turn off the pop up or something?

***Disenchanted***
Real Join Date: Monday, 17 May 2010
Captain
# 13
03-28-2013, 05:41 PM
Quote:
Early testing showed that people got confused and lost on the map without having explicit directions. Didn't really help that it was the first spacewalk map!
Ya I kind of figured it was that, we end up with something silly because of the MMO equivalent of the dodo bird.
The problem isn't his coms, although it is unrealistic having him hailing you during a covert insertion. The problem is the com window needing to be closed over and over again. There are a couple of times during the sequence where a com from Kurland slides in from the side, he says his bit, then it slides back out on it's own, I think most players would prefer that to having to stop everything to keep closing com popup windows. It's not a game breaker the way it is, but it takes away from the immersion and realism of an otherwise cool sequence. As for falling through the hole in the promenade, yes they either need to fix the map so you can't climb up there, change the forcefield into a "solid window" with an effect, or set it to trigger loading the promenade map.

Last edited by maxvitor; 03-28-2013 at 05:44 PM.
Rihannsu
# 14
03-28-2013, 06:18 PM
Yeah, but if you jump through the forcefield window.... isn't that the room with 6 Jem'Hadar?
HAIL HYDRA!
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
I can haz joystick!
MMOs aren't charities. Corporations are supposed to make a profit. It's what they do.
Show Archon and Borticus how much you would like to see new Doff races!
Captain
# 15
03-28-2013, 07:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by markhawkman View Post
Yeah, but if you jump through the forcefield window.... isn't that the room with 6 Jem'Hadar?
Ya but its just that part of the upper walkway not the whole promenade map, and think about it, when you go through the access hatch you end up standing in the bank/exchange room that's not only a level and a half below the promenade upper walkway but way out near one of the connecting struts to the habitation ring halfway around the promenade, the access hatch is already in the wrong place up above the promenade for where you actually end up, unless we're missing the sequence of you crawling around in ventilation ducts to end up so far from where you start. Considering where the access hatch is placed you should be starting just a few steps away from from all those Jem standing on the upper walk way. Since you start the promenade map in the wrong position anyway, it really doesn't matter how you got there.

Last edited by maxvitor; 03-31-2013 at 10:47 AM.
Captain
# 16
03-29-2013, 09:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by maxvitor View Post
Ya I kind of figured it was that, we end up with something silly because of the MMO equivalent of the dodo bird.
The problem isn't his coms, although it is unrealistic having him hailing you during a covert insertion. The problem is the com window needing to be closed over and over again. There are a couple of times during the sequence where a com from Kurland slides in from the side, he says his bit, then it slides back out on it's own, I think most players would prefer that to having to stop everything to keep closing com popup windows. It's not a game breaker the way it is, but it takes away from the immersion and realism of an otherwise cool sequence. As for falling through the hole in the promenade, yes they either need to fix the map so you can't climb up there, change the forcefield into a "solid window" with an effect, or set it to trigger loading the promenade map.
I'd like a trigger to continue the mission from that point. I like the idea of having different options to complete the mission, but the way it is now you can't complete the mission unless you go thru the hatch to the banking room.
KBF Lord MalaK
Awoken Dead

Contact support @ https://support.perfectworld.com/app/ask
to show your displeasure over the stealth mail attachment nerf
Career Officer
# 17
03-29-2013, 01:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lordmalak1 View Post
Where was Kurland telling me not to jump onto the premanade thru the hole in the roof ? I had to read the wiki to figure out how to get the access door open.

Kurland the stalker, abandoning me in my time of need.
Its because he was too busy hailing one of us in case we forgot to put one foot in front of the other.
nynik | Join Date: Dec 2009
<Dev> Oaks@dstahl: *checks for CBS listening devices in the office*
Captain
# 18
03-29-2013, 05:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nynik View Post
Its because he was too busy hailing one of us in case we forgot to put one foot in front of the other.
"Oh hi, Mr. Jem'hadar, I've got some really clueless guy sneaking around on the outside of your station, could you help me out by showing that idiot how to get in there? Thanks you're a real pal."
That how things are playing out in my head whenever the com window opens.
Captain
# 19
03-31-2013, 05:07 AM
Quote:
Um, a simple way-point and unobtrusive instruction-box sliding in would work just as well, or an option to shut Kurland up, or "buy a clue" player-initiated request for instructions instead, maybe?

Given the level of advancement in rank a player's at when this mission opens, it's not out the question to just "allow" people to get lost, or even die a few times, figuring the mission out. (Not to mention giving alternative ways in-like the hole in the roof...
"when you're out of Birds of Prey, you're out of ships."
Rihannsu
# 20
03-31-2013, 06:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by patrickngo View Post
Um, a simple way-point and unobtrusive instruction-box sliding in would work just as well, or an option to shut Kurland up, or "buy a clue" player-initiated request for instructions instead, maybe?

Given the level of advancement in rank a player's at when this mission opens, it's not out the question to just "allow" people to get lost, or even die a few times, figuring the mission out. (Not to mention giving alternative ways in-like the hole in the roof...
Or maybe just giving an option to turn the tutorial off? Especially for people who've done it before.... repeatedly.
HAIL HYDRA!
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
I can haz joystick!
MMOs aren't charities. Corporations are supposed to make a profit. It's what they do.
Show Archon and Borticus how much you would like to see new Doff races!