Lieutenant
# 21 Nukara Strikeforce Abilities
03-28-2013, 11:56 PM
Hey all,

I had a quick look at the new reputation system over on Tribble, and there were a few things I noticed while looking at the new captain abilities.

- One ability ignores 5% of enemy shields using directed energy attacks.

- Two separate abilities at the same tier give one a bonus to offense or defense depending
on Aux power levels.

I realize these just hit Tribble and are in the test phase, but you might want to check it out for yourselves and then weigh in. Hopefully, we'll be given a boost to T5 for testing purposes.

(p.s. Go Down Fighting only works below 50% hull now.)

Cheers!
Captain
# 22
03-29-2013, 12:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by matridunadan1 View Post
Science ships need high Aux levels to get the most out of the science abilities.
And that's fine. I'm talking about one specific sci ship that will now be overpowered because its weapons use Aux too.
Commander
# 23
03-29-2013, 12:33 AM
I spent like 25 bucks about a month ago to upgrade my Crystaline set...
Rihannsu
# 24
03-29-2013, 12:50 AM
I think it was DDIS who also posted this in organizedPVP:

New traits by Class
You think that your beta test was bad?
Think about this:
American Football has been in open beta for 144 years. ~Kotaku
Empire Veteran
# 25
03-29-2013, 12:50 AM
I was going to look earlier, but the goof-up in the servers didn't quite allow it.

Captain
# 26
03-29-2013, 12:51 AM
yeah, the tier 4 stuff looks *really* nice actually. It's going to be a tough choice for sure.
Captain
# 27
03-29-2013, 12:55 AM
Are you limited to one ground trait and one space trait?

[edit]

Also, where the hell is the fourth science trait?

[edit2]

[Photonic Capacitor]. More Photonic Fleet spam. Boo.

The [Conservation of Energy] power looks kind of nice for Sci's wanting to use powers that are heavily buffed by Particle Generators. Eject Warp Plasma, Gravity Well, Photonic Shockwave, Feedback Pulse, Tractor Beam Repulsors, the Vesta Deflector Death Ray console (QFFP), Tractor Beam, and Tyken's Rift. Don't plan on killing anyone with those last two.

[Medical Vanguard] looks like it'd be such a must-have as to get you laughed out of ground content attempting to be a healer without it.
If you feel Keel'el's effect is well designed, please, for your own safety, be very careful around shallow pools of water.

Last edited by thegrimcorsair; 03-29-2013 at 01:05 AM.
Commander
# 28
03-29-2013, 01:01 AM
Nice fail Crpytic! You now offer the lobi store set you buy for 150 lobi's for free on the rep system.

You owe me $40 worth of keys to buy the Lobi!

Click that above link so you can see what I'm on about.

Last edited by polie05; 03-29-2013 at 01:06 AM.
Lt. Commander
# 29
03-29-2013, 01:06 AM
Grim: From what I've seen, you're limited to 9 traits total at level 50. No restriction on how they're divvied up between ground and space. Also note that these traits aren't final, as explained by a dev elsewhere; the 4th science trait probably hasn't been thought up/implemented yet.

The t2 tholian rep stuff looks pretty standard; additional hull vs. increased bleedthrough. I'm curious as to whether the t2 shield penetration one actually adds additional damage to each attack, a la DEM, or whether it just affects how much of an attack goes to shields vs. how much goes to hull. The t4 bonus will definitely be good for sci ships or aux-based healboats (like myself!).
Captain
# 30
03-29-2013, 01:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by polie05 View Post
Nice fail Crpytic! You now offer the lobi store set you buy for 150 lobi's for free on the rep system.

You owe me $40 worth of keys to buy the Lobi!

Click that above link so you can see what I'm on about.
That's kind of nice. You can get it whenever you want with Lobi, or grind out all the dilithium and marks necessary to get it from the Rep system.

Looks like it'd set a not-entirely-terrible precedent for the Temporal, Ferengi, and Jem'Hadar gear/rep stuff to come. Of course, they may go back and make the Lobi-store variants Technicolor-grade to keep them valuable with your gear getting buffed retroactively.

Quote:
Originally Posted by renimalt View Post
Grim: From what I've seen, you're limited to 9 traits total at level 50. No restriction on how they're divvied up between ground and space. Also note that these traits aren't final, as explained by a dev elsewhere; the 4th science trait probably hasn't been thought up/implemented yet.
So that sounds like there's a good chance there will be a lot of traits, then. Thank you. Still poo on more Photonic Fleet spam.

Quote:
Originally Posted by renimalt View Post
The t2 tholian rep stuff looks pretty standard; additional hull vs. increased bleedthrough. I'm curious as to whether the t2 shield penetration one actually adds additional damage to each attack, a la DEM, or whether it just affects how much of an attack goes to shields vs. how much goes to hull. The t4 bonus will definitely be good for sci ships or aux-based healboats (like myself!).
It's definitely a nice bump for torpedo boats and mine layers! Not sure if it'll be enough to make me want to mess with Aux-cannons for the Vesta.
If you feel Keel'el's effect is well designed, please, for your own safety, be very careful around shallow pools of water.

Last edited by thegrimcorsair; 03-29-2013 at 01:13 AM.