Empire Veteran
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 5,631
# 191
03-28-2013, 08:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by horridperson View Post
Federation players who persist in complaining about cloaks deserve cloaks that function just like the ones featured on the shows. Because you are such a fan of keeping things close to canon I'm sure you will agree the U.S.S. Pegasus is an appropriate canon reference for such a device.
Well if you wanna use canon, then only the Oberth class would be able to equip a phased cloak then. And the Oberth WOULDN'T be given a tier 5 upgrade either.

Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 111
# 192
03-28-2013, 08:56 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Wraithshadow13
Yes, very much so to the degree that the intagibility cloak should be the Federation Version of advanced cloak (again only usable by one of each class at t5 or fleet) while both the klingon side and the romulan sides should also get their own version of Advanced Battle Cloak as well.

Intagible cloak would mostly be for traveling with maybe a small chance to have torps miss it with the added debuff of mines or gravity wells doing more damage to it.

I'm not saying we need to take away what makes the KDF unique i'm saying we need to make it more like canon. It should be more advanced by now on all fronts as well as being able to activate it all at once. I wouldn't even mind if the KDF or RR got them as part of the ship while the feds still needed to equip them as consoles.
Your recollections of Federation history are as remarkable as your knowledge of Klingon geography. The Pegasus and it's cloak never phase dodged torpedos, fought, or did much of anything other than phase into an asteroid as a result of the damage it's malfunction did to the vessel.
Rihannsu
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 8,273
# 193
03-28-2013, 08:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by horridperson View Post
Your recollections of Federation history are as remarkable as your knowledge of Klingon geography. The Pegasus and it's cloak never phase dodged torpedos, fought, or did much of anything other than phase into an asteroid as a result of the damage it's malfunction did to the vessel.
malfunction? i thought it was sabotaged?
Quote:
Originally Posted by pwecaptainsmirk View Post
*reassuringly strokes your hair*
Hush now, you will be back kicking Neelix and killing those nasty Vaadwaur soon enough... hush child.
*pat pat on your head*
epic smirk is epic
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,127
# 194
03-29-2013, 01:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by horridperson View Post
Your recollections of Federation history are as remarkable as your knowledge of Klingon geography. The Pegasus and it's cloak never phase dodged torpedos, fought, or did much of anything other than phase into an asteroid as a result of the damage it's malfunction did to the vessel.
Well that's because you don't take an illegal scientifically advanced device and start waving it at enemies, especially if it's only in the prototype stages. And the only reason it became stuck in the asteroid was because it blew out the relays causing it to shut down. When the enterprise used it, it worked just fine for dodging the asteroid, but just to keep it a little more fair i said a chance too dodge torps. And if you're going to be a troll at least do it in a way that doesn't make you look bad. My mistake was klingon history, not geography which i apologized for and corrected already.
Empire Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 873
# 195
03-29-2013, 02:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sollvax View Post
Reasons not to use a cloak

1 its cowardly and will lead to officers being seen as chicken
2 it will encourage piracy as all fed captains will be tempted
3 it causes MPB (male pattern baldness)
4 it is well known that ships with cloaks flown by humans blow up or crash into asteroids
5 It has been proven that federation officers who command cloaked ships violate the prime directive casually
6 Cloaked ships burn power which could be better used
7 I said so
1. Refer to my signature quote. "The unseen enemy is always the most fearsome" Cloaking is not cowardly. I have so many feds yelling at/ PMing me, calling me a coward when I cloak... I'm usually sitting 5kms off their port side buffing up, laughing.

2. Pirates are cool.

3. MPB is a genetic trait that comes from the mother's side.

4. As they should.

5. The prime directive was made to be broken.

6. My cloak may burn power, but the power burnt by cloaking is refuelled by fed player QQ tears.

7. No one cares.
I drink, I vote, and I PvP!
Captain
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 1,273
# 196
03-29-2013, 02:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by born2bwild1 View Post
easy way to solve this issue: make Ker'rat a neutal zone - borg are the only enemy.

I bet 90% of Fed players asking for a cloak are not serious instanced pvpers where the battle cloak is useless,

No serious KDF Bop captains cloak in instanced pvp except in the openning first strike - and in that case its not even that effective because the aware Fed players know its coming.
You can bugger right off with your 'serious PvPer' nonsense. There's plenty of decent PvP to be had in Ker'rat, and it offers things that the boring, stale queues don't offer.

If anything, 'instanced PvP' is both boring and inflexible. Wait for who knows how long for a queue to pop, to engage in a predictable 5v5 skirmish that's likely to be over in 5-10 minutes. Yeah, 'serious PvP' right?
Captain
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 1,273
# 197
03-29-2013, 02:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by wraithshadow13 View Post
Again, a lot of the argument i'm seeing is just kind of "Wah! Cryptic hates the KDF, the Feds are better Wah!"

I'm not arguring the stats of the battle cloak, just the ability to activate at will as well as there should be better advanced versions. all i'm hearing is "I don't like this, I don't want that. Don't take away MY special ability."

That mentality is the exact reason why Klingons don't even have their original home world any more, and why a race of honorable Warriors is anything but.

Again, the fact is Romulans are coming, they will have cloak and more than likely better ships. Will you cry about how unfair they are as well? If there are three sides of a war and two sides are using a technology, the third will as well. The arguments being made against really don't seem to hold up much when they sound more like an infant crying than a warriors battle cry.

All i want is for the cloak in game to be more like the cloak from the show, maybe you should stop making sound like such a personal sacrifice when KDF people are even saying how useless it is.
Yes, how dare we uppity KDF 'whiners' try to keep Federation petaQ'pu from stealing more KDF exclusives, while giving little or none of theirs. We should just shut up and give you precious Feddies everything, right?

We're not talking about the friggin Romulans. Besides, they're supposed to have cloaks. Just like the Klingons are supposed to have cloaks. The fact that the Federation have an entire ship model (The Defiant) able to cloak is going well beyond the borders of canon, given that only ONE friggin Defiant actually cloaked.

If you want a cloak like 'on the show', roll a KDF and f***ing fly a BoP, stop trying to steal everything in sight.
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,127
# 198
03-29-2013, 02:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by travelingmaster View Post
Yes, how dare we uppity KDF 'whiners' try to keep Federation petaQ'pu from stealing more KDF exclusives, while giving little or none of theirs. We should just shut up and give you precious Feddies everything, right?

We're not talking about the friggin Romulans. Besides, they're supposed to have cloaks. Just like the Klingons are supposed to have cloaks. The fact that the Federation have an entire ship model (The Defiant) able to cloak is going well beyond the borders of canon, given that only ONE friggin Defiant actually cloaked.

If you want a cloak like 'on the show', roll a KDF and f***ing fly a BoP, stop trying to steal everything in sight.
I'm sorry but i really don't mean to come off as mean here but i honestly can't take you seriously any more, that's too funny.


I already have two KDF, and frankly i'm not seeing all the problems this would cause. Wouldn't the KDF benefit from this change as well? Did i not say that the KDF should have better cloaks than the standard cloak? What exactly are you so upset about here? I never said the klingons aren't supposed to have cloaks, i never said the Romulans aren't supposed, i said the basic cloak needs to be an at will. I never said only for the Feds, Battle cloak as it is should be the standard simply because i should be able to activate it when ever i please, regardless of red alert or faction or any thing else, because that's how it works in star trek.

By resorting to name calling and misquoting, you're really just invalidating any thing you say from here on out. Did the Federation steal your ability to debate as well?
Survivor of Romulus
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 4,593
# 199
03-29-2013, 03:52 AM
Quote:
1. Refer to my signature quote. "The unseen enemy is always the most fearsome" Cloaking is not cowardly. I have so many feds yelling at/ PMing me, calling me a coward when I cloak... I'm usually sitting 5kms off their port side buffing up, laughing.
cloaking IS cowardly in the Federation
its not for Romulans or Klingons
but it IS for humans (cultural values)


Quote:
2. Pirates are cool.
Pirates are vermin

Quote:
3. MPB is a genetic trait that comes from the mother's side.
Common mistake
its actually caused by various defects in the DNA some of which are linked to radiation
and some are linked to poisons (like Wood Alcohol)


Quote:
4. As they should.
so far almost half the cloaked ships have done this


Quote:
5. The prime directive was made to be broken.
it was made to be upheld

Quote:
6. My cloak may burn power, but the power burnt by cloaking is refuelled by fed player QQ tears.
federation ships should NOT have cloaks


Quote:
7. No one cares.
You will when I send a harshly worded letter
Lieutenant
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 99
# 200
03-29-2013, 06:41 AM
You've taken many of our unique consoles, you can run around as any race wielding our bat'leths, you even have some of our unique missions given over to you, and you don't even need to be in the KDF to play as a Klingon. You have an entire game developer that caters to you, and gives you new shinys far more often than they do the KDF. Now you want our cloaks?

Now can some of you understand why people feel so strongly against giving another KDF exclusive item to the Feds? We have so little left to call our own now thanks to threads such as these filled with Feds begging for more. I think the preferential treatment you've received from the past 3 years more than makes up for not having a cloaking device on your ship.

If CBS is against having a T5 Constitution Class ship in this game I doubt they'd be willing to grant cloaking devices for fed ships. Its already a stretch granting cloaking devices to all those defiants in the game.
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 11:41 AM.