Ensign
# 101 Character Creation
03-29-2013, 02:57 AM
Just copied one of my Fed Chars to Tribble because i wasnt able to create a new KDF or Romulan toon without having a Fed Char at least at Lvl 25. That works.
But from now on, i have a Lvl 50 Fed on Tribble, which dont Counts for that Reason.
It still says "u need a Lvl 25 Fed Char".

Any help?

with best regards

(sry for the poor english)
Career Officer
# 102
03-29-2013, 03:04 AM
Tribble cannot detect my NVidia GeForce 650M GPU. It's using my Ivy Bridge-based HD4000 graphics.
The jar kitty watches you.
Rihannsu
# 103
03-29-2013, 03:07 AM
I suffer from the same issue that prevents me from using mouse or keyboard. However, here are some things I've noticed that may be helpful, even if a little bit.

I'm using Win XP, 1280x1024 resolution.
I've downloaded all the Tribble files once again from scratch.
The mouse/keyboard issue is not related to character select screen, but the game itself.
The mouse doesn't work on the initial brightness selection screen if there's no config file present.
I've tried launching the game itself from the .exe file, instead of the launcher, and the mouse still doesn't work on the game's login screen as well.

HOWEVER, the keyboard does work partially - it only accepts letters and numbers, but no other keys. So I can type anything I want in the Username field, but I cannot backspace, enter, tab or anything like that.

The mouse cursor does seem to trigger the minimise and fullscreen icons in the top right corner of the screen to show (which look just like the ones from the current holodeck UI), highlights them when the mouse is over them, but they cannot be pressed.

I tried changing some stuff in the config file manually, like using software cursor, changing resolutions, fullscreen etc. but nothing seems to work.

None of the ideas posted by Borticus help either.

Generally, I can only type letters and numbers in the login field, and Alt+Tab.

Character Select screen looks like this - http://img198.imageshack.us/img198/4648/stoiy.jpg
Survivor of Romulus
# 104 Unable to patch
03-29-2013, 03:27 AM
Hi guys, just attempted to patch Tribble but I got an error saying the PlayTest folder was write protected, checked the folder it self and it was not write protected so I have deleted the folder and now i can patch
known as @graham6410 in game

General Vukna of the A.K.S Bortas, preparing to conquer the Delta Quadrant
Rihannsu
# 105
03-29-2013, 04:00 AM
I'm also unable to press any buttons or press any keys when in character selection, in tribble that is, my screen shows animated each time so it's not "frozen" would be nice that I could go in and see the tholian rep by myself...
Say the word, it saves the world.
CUUCUUMBEER! "-With slight partigen with it."
Proud member or DPS-800 "-We kill dem mines with our scitter turrets."
Career Officer
# 106
03-29-2013, 04:48 AM
The new UI looks very nice.

In the description of the trait Conservation of Energy Exotic Damage is mentioned. Does this mean that we get back exotic damage? Then it would really be a great update.
Lt. Commander
# 107
03-29-2013, 05:06 AM
Only two character slots? Or it is a bug? What we will need to do to create the new Romulan character? I have one fed char lvl 50 and one KDF char lvl 50.

Last edited by lordhook; 03-29-2013 at 05:09 AM.
Commander
I'd love how I can see my ship in the background on character select, if it didn't show my shuttle instead! The ship name labels still show my main ships' names (for both characters), but I see my shuttles in the backgrounds for the 2 characters. I think the HUD is pretty cool!

Edit: I'm looking through my chat channels, and my fleet's custom channel is gone. Not the regular "fleet" channel that all fleet's have, but my fleet's channel for use on FED and KDF and not selectable. Only Zone and Local chats are available.
Edit 2: I've come to notice that the KDF loading screen is blue like the Fed loading screen.

You think you're safe while you're at warp captain?

Last edited by admiralnat; 03-29-2013 at 05:51 AM.
Ensign
# 109
03-29-2013, 06:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by commander1sitis View Post
Just copied one of my Fed Chars to Tribble because i wasnt able to create a new KDF or Romulan toon without having a Fed Char at least at Lvl 25. That works.
But from now on, i have a Lvl 50 Fed on Tribble, which dont Counts for that Reason.
It still says "u need a Lvl 25 Fed Char".

Any help?

with best regards

(sry for the poor english)
Also for me too...like to see the Rommie Character Creator and stuff...
Republic Veteran
# 110
03-29-2013, 06:47 AM
I love I can see my Ship in 3D my character and my BO in 3D now in the statues screen