Captain
# 41
03-29-2013, 04:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by praxi5 View Post
100% resist from GDF?

And that can stack 3 times? Yeesh. Looks like GDF baiting is about to become all the more popular.

Grace Under Fire just means that all those Eng/Cruisers or Eng/Recluses are going to be even harder to take down without SNBs in pugs. RSF -> GUF -> MW -> RSF -> GUF -> MW. With some RSPs thrown in for good measure.
But it looks like that on tribble you can activate GDF only when you are low...
Captain
# 42
03-29-2013, 04:15 AM
You got to use it earlier . They are not taking your set away from you.
Let us wear Swimsuits on Foundry maps or bridges please! I would pay zen for that.
Captain
# 43
03-29-2013, 05:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dalnar83 View Post
But it looks like that on tribble you can activate GDF only when you are low...
GDF appears to have been given the same 50% health activation threshold as Abandon Ship, Ramming Speed and Fleet Support.
Career Officer
# 44
03-29-2013, 05:54 AM
I honestly don't see the problem here. Cryptic owes us nothing.
Survivor of Romulus
# 45
03-29-2013, 06:07 AM
I take it this means we'll get a Jem'Hadar Rep next?
Captain
# 46
03-29-2013, 08:06 AM
The less things placed behind a paywall, the better.
Empire Veteran
Like it says in the title: some new traits for player captains, traits that are for your captain's race and a specific trait based on your character's career choice. Kinda interesting. If anyone has anything opinions on it, bring it here and discuss. e.g. conservation of energy passive for engineering characters only. Also I wasnt sure if i was reading things right but i might have seen 5 overall traits for a liberated borg science toon that I created on tribble.

Also Nukara prime reputation is up on tribble too. passives from each level are kinda interesting. Check them out too and discuss them here. e.g. the offensive vs defensive buff in skills based on auxiliary power choice: what would you choose?

p.s. i'm posting this in the general community forum so that people are aware that there is tribble stuff to view and to promote more people to check into tribble.

EDIT: More detailed post in discussion forum
Vice-Chancellor of Federation Fleet Directive 010

DISENCHANTED

Last edited by portgazd; 03-29-2013 at 08:48 AM.
Lt. Commander
# 48
03-29-2013, 08:39 AM
I heard reports that the +100% was a temporary typo, and that the latest people who've looked at that GDF resist boost say it's only +10%. Not huge, but it definitely makes GDF much, much more attractive.

Don't overestimate the bonus that Grace Under Fire gives. MW every 1m 30s under constant focus fire isn't that powerful, since MW's heals themselves aren't exceptional (and don't provide resists/debuff cleansing/etc. Actually, MW probably should have received the resist buff that GDF got. Tacs and their shiny toys...). Not to say it won't be nice, but it doesn't quite address the underlying flaws of MW as a 4min ability.

Plus, I'm a little curious about the "take 20% of hitpoints in damage over 5s". Does that mean it'll trigger when the total shield + hull damage over 5s is equal to 20% of our hull? Or does it actually mean that we have to lose 20% of our hull in 5s for it to trigger?

I have to say, the batteries-related Eng trait was seriously underwhelming. Using an Engines battery resulted in a +10 power boost to the other system for 10s. Whoohoo, break out the champagne! Now, if EPS Manifold Efficiency caused EPS Power Transfer to unlock the 125 power cap on subsystems, allowing people to, say, run 200 Aux and gain temporary super-heals, that would be really nice...

Sci's photonic capacitor looks like it'll be amusing but not game-changing. You could probably get Photonic Fleet down to around 1:30 - 2:00 CD, but since it's mostly for lolz, it'll probably just allow Scis to pop it to have a little photonic entourage for their victory laps. Conservation of energy looks interesting; the application mechanic suggests a direct synergy with FBP, but I'm curious to see how people will use with with EWP and such.

Last edited by renimalt; 03-29-2013 at 08:46 AM.
Career Officer
# 49
03-29-2013, 08:46 AM
Nukara rep's T1 ground trait, Identify Vulnerability, says:
Quote:
"Your attacks ignore a small amount of your enemies' shields"
yet the ability description says "5% chance for attack to ignore enemy shields". Which is it? Chance, like a ground version of Omega Graviton Amplifier, or, always-on like the kinetic bonus to Borg?
----
Captain
# 50
03-29-2013, 08:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by renimalt View Post
Conservation of energy looks interesting; the application mechanic suggests a direct synergy with FBP, but I'm curious to see how people will use with with EWP and such.
GW 3 just got a whole lot more fun
The first we heard of getting new PvP maps "soon" was in August of 2010. We're consistently told something will be coming with the "next" update. Absolutely nothing has come to PvP since launch.

I think it's finally time Cryptic stopped stringing us along, don't you?