Captain
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 1,292
# 201
03-29-2013, 05:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mimey2 View Post
Well if you wanna use canon, then only the Oberth class would be able to equip a phased cloak then. And the Oberth WOULDN'T be given a tier 5 upgrade either.
That does not make sense - re-watch the episode: the Galaxy class was the only one where it was installed and stable.

Therefore it could go on any class.
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 3,016
# 202
03-29-2013, 07:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikenight00 View Post
You've taken many of our unique consoles, you can run around as any race wielding our bat'leths, you even have some of our unique missions given over to you, and you don't even need to be in the KDF to play as a Klingon. You have an entire game developer that caters to you, and gives you new shinys far more often than they do the KDF. Now you want our cloaks?

Now can some of you understand why people feel so strongly against giving another KDF exclusive item to the Feds? We have so little left to call our own now thanks to threads such as these filled with Feds begging for more. I think the preferential treatment you've received from the past 3 years more than makes up for not having a cloaking device on your ship.

If CBS is against having a T5 Constitution Class ship in this game I doubt they'd be willing to grant cloaking devices for fed ships. Its already a stretch granting cloaking devices to all those defiants in the game.

THEY TOOK OUR JOBS!


seems the KDF will need an exclusive pacifier to cope with all this QQ


PS: surprisingly enough some of the saucer section of certain klingon ships already look like a pacifier.
Go pro or go home

Last edited by baudl; 03-29-2013 at 07:12 AM.
Lieutenant
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 99
# 203
03-29-2013, 08:43 AM
You already have so much, and yet you still want more. But we are the whiners because we want to hold onto what little is left of ours. The sense of entitlement some of you Feds have is staggering.
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 3,016
# 204
03-29-2013, 09:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikenight00 View Post
You (a player of the game STO) already have so much, and yet you still want more (yes I, a player, want more content and ships and stuff). But we (other players of STO) are the whiners because we want to hold onto what little is left of ours (interesting how anybody can be so possesive about something he/she never owned). The sense of entitlement some of you Feds have is staggering.
i can only asume you are entangled into some sort of morbid form of roleplay...at which you create shapes of your personal "enemy" and project this on other players of the same game you play. And now you feel upset, because they do not play along your fantasy...
Go pro or go home
Empire Veteran
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 5,465
# 205
03-29-2013, 09:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by born2bwild1 View Post
That does not make sense - re-watch the episode: the Galaxy class was the only one where it was installed and stable.

Therefore it could go on any class.
Yes that's true, it was installed installed on a Galaxy class, and then presumably removed shortly after since it was never used or talked about again.

However, the USS Pegasus WAS an Oberth-class vessel: http://en.memory-alpha.org/wiki/USS_Pegasus

And Cryptic generally does keep whatever unique ability on the ship it came on, for the most part. At least in terms of cloaking abilities. If it was shown to cloak for a Fed, they kept it on only that ship class.

If they were to add it, more than likely it would only work on the Oberth, and possibly the Gal-R and Fleet Galaxy.

Empire Veteran
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 194
# 206
03-29-2013, 09:57 AM
seriously, people are crying canon over this?


quick review. only ONE defiant EVER had a cloak, it was a one time agreement between starfleet and the romulans. it was latter destroyed with no conformation if it was replaced(not that it would since at the time there was whole fleets of cloaked ships fighting the dominion and dominion intel was its only purpose when it was given)no other defiant was ever shown to have one


the gal-x had one because the romulan empire was completely distroyed buy the klingons in that timeline so the treaty was null(not true in game empire is still there just not very stable and the federation honors its treaty)

the only reason thise 2 ships have cloaks is because the fans of the ships would cry foul if they didnt if for nothing other than "it did in the show"(if you drop the anti-kling bias most feds have you have to admit at least thiis much)


the Pegasus phase cloak was illegal and because of its power setup reduced the ship to a crawl or it would blow the power systems or something
Lieutenant
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 48
# 207
03-29-2013, 11:21 AM
fine. put the cloak on a t5/fleet obereth......just in return give the ablative armor a longer duration/always on until turned off ability

my 2 zen worth


*****PEACE*****
Captain
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 1,273
# 208
03-29-2013, 12:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by wraithshadow13 View Post
I'm sorry but i really don't mean to come off as mean here but i honestly can't take you seriously any more, that's too funny.


I already have two KDF, and frankly i'm not seeing all the problems this would cause. Wouldn't the KDF benefit from this change as well? Did i not say that the KDF should have better cloaks than the standard cloak? What exactly are you so upset about here? I never said the klingons aren't supposed to have cloaks, i never said the Romulans aren't supposed, i said the basic cloak needs to be an at will. I never said only for the Feds, Battle cloak as it is should be the standard simply because i should be able to activate it when ever i please, regardless of red alert or faction or any thing else, because that's how it works in star trek.

By resorting to name calling and misquoting, you're really just invalidating any thing you say from here on out. Did the Federation steal your ability to debate as well?
I can debate if I want, but this subject (and pretty much everything else Federation players bring up) is a dead horse that's been beaten for years. At this point I just satiate my annoyance by flinging mud at the Federation faction. It's nothing too personal, I'm just tired of the imbalance and preferential treatment.
Captain
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 5,394
# 209
03-29-2013, 10:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mimey2 View Post
And Cryptic generally does keep whatever unique ability on the ship it came on,
But the Oberth already has a unique console all its own. So the only way for this to happen? That's right ... a T5 Oberth RETROFIT! With a cloak!

Sign me up!
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,078
# 210
03-29-2013, 11:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by travelingmaster View Post
I can debate if I want, but this subject (and pretty much everything else Federation players bring up) is a dead horse that's been beaten for years. At this point I just satiate my annoyance by flinging mud at the Federation faction. It's nothing too personal, I'm just tired of the imbalance and preferential treatment.
then what do you think is going to happen with the romulans now? It's just been announced they're not a faction but join the Feds or KDF factions. If the KDF faction is as bad as people make it out to be, then why would the romulans join? Will this imbalance things even further for the KDF? If the Romulans bring Cloaking beyond the basic version, how will that effect players?
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 12:21 AM.