Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 105
Proud owner of all three Temporal ships, one of each of the Relativity ground weapons, and a Wells Uniform, the Crewmen Daniels' jump suit, and two of the three (working on getting the Temporal Disruption Device ) parts of the Temporal Warfare set.

other Lockbox ships have received some love in from of weapons or such in the Dt. store. so would it be possible to get something like that in for the Temporal ships.

Chroniton Beam Array
Chroniton Turret
Chroniton Cannon
Chroniton Dual Cannon
Chroniton Dual Heavy Cannon
Chroniton Quad Cannon (long shot I know)

so Cryptic, what do you say? willing to throw me a bone here? and don't limit these to just one of each per-ship, please... (exception would be the quad cannon, I understand why that should be limited)
http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=10040808000&dateline=  1340247645
Come join the 44th Fleet.
startrek.44thfleet.com
Empire Veteran
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 5,433
# 2
03-29-2013, 10:01 AM
They're already anti-proton weapons already, with a unique extra proc. We don't need whole ships decked out in these weapons. That's why it only comes in a DBB for the set, it's meant to be a unique item.

Besides, it's annoying enough to be called a 'rainbow boater' just because people see the pretty DBB coming out of your ship. Don't need to deal with being called it more.

Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,600
# 3
03-29-2013, 10:20 AM
The Galor class is the only lockbox/Lobi ship with dilithium store weapons, and only beam arrays are unlocked, not an entire set. The Jem'Hadar carriers unlock pets, not weapons, and those are only about on par with the existing equivalents (such as Advanced BoPs and Peregrines).
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 105
# 4
03-29-2013, 08:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mimey2 View Post
They're already anti-proton weapons already, with a unique extra proc. We don't need whole ships decked out in these weapons. That's why it only comes in a DBB for the set, it's meant to be a unique item.

Besides, it's annoying enough to be called a 'rainbow boater' just because people see the pretty DBB coming out of your ship. Don't need to deal with being called it more.
besides the Cron. DBB I'm already decked out in the Fleet Adv. Anti-proton options. so it's not a major loss, and I'm happy with the damage output. as for being called a rainbow boater, it's a bloody game, there are going to be immature people saying hurtful things. I haven't looked at Zone chat even in a PvP match since beta.


Quote:
Originally Posted by mandoknight89 View Post
The Galor class is the only lockbox/Lobi ship with dilithium store weapons, and only beam arrays are unlocked, not an entire set. The Jem'Hadar carriers unlock pets, not weapons, and those are only about on par with the existing equivalents (such as Advanced BoPs and Peregrines).
there is a good amount of forlorn being directed at the above comments, simply asking for some Dt. store love isn't as harmful as it would seem. not asking for uber powered Mk XII very rare or even very rare ∞ like that of the Chon. DBB.

that is all. hoping for a dev reply, but as I know with the may update being worked up, I'm most likely SOL
http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=10040808000&dateline=  1340247645
Come join the 44th Fleet.
startrek.44thfleet.com
Empire Veteran
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 5,433
# 5
03-29-2013, 08:39 PM
Even so, the fact that the DBB of the set can proc a turn rate and speed debuff is quite significant already. Think about whole ships, whole TEAMS with these weapons debuffing things all the time like that. Especially if they were equippable on other ships. I mean a Bug running 4 DHCs and 3 turrets of these could potentially shut down something because of it.

I have no problem with your request, OP, just pointing out that the Chroniton DBB already has quite a few interesting perks by itself, including a potent and unique proc that only Chroniton torps and mines can otherwise get.

I know you aren't asking for 'uber', but honestly, we really don't need more Chroniton-energy weapons.

BUT...If these were just a color thing. Like no extra proc on em, and they had the pretty colors that the normal DBB had, just good enough stats, that would be fine. Changing colors I have no problem with, much like the Andorian phasers. But the extra proc...that just feels like a bit much.

Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,600
# 6
03-29-2013, 08:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by allysnowleopard View Post
there is a good amount of forlorn being directed at the above comments, simply asking for some Dt. store love isn't as harmful as it would seem. not asking for uber powered Mk XII very rare or even very rare ∞ like that of the Chon. DBB.

that is all. hoping for a dev reply, but as I know with the may update being worked up, I'm most likely SOL
Not against more dil store unlocks for owning particular ships, just noting that the title of the thread is technically incorrect (since the Galor is the only lockbox ship that unlocks dil store weapons).
Empire Veteran
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 1,119
# 7
03-29-2013, 08:54 PM
I love this idea I would love to actually have such weapons on my mobius or my wells.
The Emperor

Do not presume to have the capability to understand me for you see, I simply am.
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 105
# 8
03-29-2013, 09:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mimey2 View Post
Even so, the fact that the DBB of the set can proc a turn rate and speed debuff is quite significant already. Think about whole ships, whole TEAMS with these weapons debuffing things all the time like that. Especially if they were equippable on other ships. I mean a Bug running 4 DHCs and 3 turrets of these could potentially shut down something because of it.

I have no problem with your request, OP, just pointing out that the Chroniton DBB already has quite a few interesting perks by itself, including a potent and unique proc that only Chroniton torps and mines can otherwise get.

I know you aren't asking for 'uber', but honestly, we really don't need more Chroniton-energy weapons.

BUT...If these were just a color thing. Like no extra proc on em, and they had the pretty colors that the normal DBB had, just good enough stats, that would be fine. Changing colors I have no problem with, much like the Andorian phasers. But the extra proc...that just feels like a bit much.
seems we're on the same page. I really like the colour and the visual effects that the Chron. DBB have, and think it would look fantastic as a uniformed across my ship. but The procs the Chron. DBB has is great for a one off item. been enjoying, but I can see where from both a PVP and a PVE standpoint a full load of Chron. procing weapons would be a bit just slightly over powering ~_^

Quote:
Originally Posted by mandoknight89 View Post
Not against more dil store unlocks for owning particular ships, just noting that the title of the thread is technically incorrect (since the Galor is the only lockbox ship that unlocks dil store weapons).
:nods: might of muddled that one a bit. meant to say that other ships have gotten other items/perks for owning said ships, and it would be nice to see that extended to the Temporal ships.

Quote:
Originally Posted by westx211 View Post
I love this idea I would love to actually have such weapons on my mobius or my wells.
here's to hoping
http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=10040808000&dateline=  1340247645
Come join the 44th Fleet.
startrek.44thfleet.com
Empire Veteran
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 5,433
# 9
03-29-2013, 11:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by allysnowleopard View Post
seems we're on the same page. I really like the colour and the visual effects that the Chron. DBB have, and think it would look fantastic as a uniformed across my ship. but The procs the Chron. DBB has is great for a one off item. been enjoying, but I can see where from both a PVP and a PVE standpoint a full load of Chron. procing weapons would be a bit just slightly over powering ~_^
Ok, yeah, if all you want is the color scheme of the chroniton weapons without the extra proc, that's not a problem, and hope that they add it then.

Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 01:13 AM.