Commander
# 11
03-27-2013, 02:35 PM
Maybe there is indeed a misunderstanding about how the resists work, but it wasn't till season 7 this sword thing started.( To my knowledge anyway) A player cannot respond at all even to move while the sword user hacks away indiscriminately. If you guys were going to boost melds that much I would think there would have been some announcement
Career Officer
# 12
03-27-2013, 03:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by borticuscryptic View Post
When you have Resistance to a Knockback effect (for example), the result is not that Knockbacks have a lower chance to effect you. Instead, it's that Knockbacks effect you to a far lesser degree. You are resisting the Magnitude of the effect, not the effect itself.
I can understand the resistance to CC applying to magnitude, but KB is strong because of the animation lock. Even if you have the ULTIMATE RESISTANCE to knockback, being affected by it to the LESSER extent possible is still a huge advantage. The animation lock and disable time (falling down, standing up) against characters with high Willpower is stronger than any other CC effect.

Please consider altering KB resistance to affect the CHANCE of getting KB'ed as well. Just decreasing the KB magnitude means very little in practice.

Last edited by tk79; 03-27-2013 at 03:14 PM.
Captain
# 13
03-27-2013, 03:33 PM
Well, until May then.
Division Hispana
www.divisionhispana.com
Lt. Commander
# 14
03-27-2013, 11:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrkollins View Post
Well, until May then.

..... When even more pvp related stuff ends up on your ground pvp concerns list. lol
Captain
# 15
03-29-2013, 12:04 PM
This really is a shame. I thoroughly enjoyed the ground component of PVP Boot Camp.

Here's to hoping Cryptic gets the message and fixes ground combat. Otherwise, I might as well go back to playing BSGO.

stardestroyer001, Admiral, Explorers Fury PvE/PvP Fleet | Retired PvP Player
My Useful List of STO Forum Threads, Ship Builds & More!
It's about time. DEVS NEED ACCOUNTABILITY.
Empire Veteran
Having read the Redshirt patch notes, is the ground Boot Camp still worth staying cancelled?

Specifically the following was posted:

"The Omega Force Personal Shields will no longer proc an expose on the wearer rather than the attacker.
Resolved some issues with expose:
Smoke Grenade will no longer expose the player rather than the target.
Battle Strategies will no longer expose the player instead of the target.
Overwatch will no longer expose the player instead of the target.
The M.A.C.O. set bonus Tactical Readiness Network will no longer expose the player with its proc instead of the attacker.
Reroute Power to Shields will no longer expose the player rather than enemies that were firing at the user.
Battle Strategies will now remove the debuffs from Suppressing Fire."

Or is there just too much other stuff right now besides the expose issues?

Captain
# 17
03-30-2013, 06:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mimey2 View Post
Having read the Redshirt patch notes, is the ground Boot Camp still worth staying cancelled?

Specifically the following was posted:

"The Omega Force Personal Shields will no longer proc an expose on the wearer rather than the attacker.
Resolved some issues with expose:
Smoke Grenade will no longer expose the player rather than the target.
Battle Strategies will no longer expose the player instead of the target.
Overwatch will no longer expose the player instead of the target.
The M.A.C.O. set bonus Tactical Readiness Network will no longer expose the player with its proc instead of the attacker.
Reroute Power to Shields will no longer expose the player rather than enemies that were firing at the user.
Battle Strategies will now remove the debuffs from Suppressing Fire."

Or is there just too much other stuff right now besides the expose issues?
The decision is in the hands of Pug and Subu at this point. Thanks for pointing this out though, Mimey.

@gradstudent1
PvP Boot Camp Project Leader Emeritus
Commander
# 18
03-30-2013, 04:25 PM
Even if control resistances are working as intended, the way that they appear to be "intended" in season 7 is evidently different from the way that they were "intended" in the past, despite the lack of any patchnotes indicating a change. And the "intent" appears to be that they should not work at all.

Furthermore, there is no mention of a fix for the nonfunctional MACO or KHG 3set (by the way, the MACO set never exposed the wearer because the MACO 3set bonus doesn't actually exist: the MACO "fix" is sort of like "repainting" a house that has no walls).

Finally, the change to Battle Strategies with respect to Suppressing Fire, while a good thing in my opinion, is a huge balance change to PvP that will require experimentation and reconfiguration of team dynamics in-house before we can effectively teach team tactics to others.

Also there is a certain problem of finding anybody to actually teach. Most of our experienced members have either quit or limited their gameplay to less than two hours a week, myself included; and the rest of the ground pvp community does not seem to be forthcoming.
Career Officer
# 19
03-30-2013, 04:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by gradstudent1 View Post
Cold Hold: The Chill/Hold from cold damage is suppose to develop an Immunity against repeated Cold effects. This immunity does not function even though the resistance is displayed on the buff bar. Multiple users of the CRM200 or Compressed Cryo Pulsewave can effectively hold a team in place, for large extended periods of time by chaining their Cold AOE damage. The next video demonstrates the failure of the Immunity: http://youtu.be/BwK81SUgHuE?hd=1
That video is actually a good demonstration of something working correctly, chill itself is not a hold, the hold can be seen at 0:19 and 1:23 at the big red hold bar displaying, both of those hold-events only occurred while the "cold HOLD immunity" buff wasn't up.
___
Tami, Leader of -FS-
Ensign
# 20
03-30-2013, 06:41 PM
i just looked at one of the vids and i thought:

"Oh nice the PvP Bootcamp Coach has 29 kits; i knew you had that many since you're cheating(kit switching) like crazy but that even surprised me

click here to see the exploiter in action

so ye thank you for making that video since it shows something that really needs fixing too" =P