Commander
# 21
03-28-2013, 12:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thay8472 View Post
Try and tie it in both.

I am going to attempt to do BOTH Dark Frontier missions of mine AND the Challenge! MWAH HA HA I AM A MAD MAN!

I am going to try and make my missions minimal combat and as much Space based as I can, I proper exploration mission... In my opinion the best stories in Star Trek didn't have combat!
i.e; The Inner Light, Contagion, etc.
ATTENTION: UNDINE SPACE & TKON GROUND SETS ALL THE WAY DEVS!.. Q-TRIBBLE, MAYBE!?.. EJECT WARP CORE ABILITY LIKE LAYING A SUPER-MINE, HELL YES!!!.. SPACE HIPPIES FROM TOS PLAYING MUSIC IN OUR FLEET STARBASE, NO, JUST, NO... CAIT & RA'KHOLN ADVENTURE ZONE, YES

Lt. Commander
# 22
03-28-2013, 06:09 PM
I'm going to try again. Hopefully it's better than my last entry.

How exactly can we use/ switch to our shuttles now?

I knew how before it was changed. been awhile since I used one outside of an Episode that puts you in one automatically.
Captain
# 23
03-28-2013, 07:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by i8472 View Post
I'm going to try again. Hopefully it's better than my last entry.

How exactly can we use/ switch to our shuttles now?

I knew how before it was changed. been awhile since I used one outside of an Episode that puts you in one automatically.
You mean ingame, or as a Foundry author how to force players into shuttles?

The former is possible. Go to either a starbase with a shipyard guy, your ship's transporter room, or the most easiest of all, the default shuttle bridge. Talk to the ship selection guy and hit the "Select: Small Craft" radio button at the bottom. Then beam out.

The latter is not possible. Trust me, if it was, it would be a lot easier to play my Challenge #6 mission.

stardestroyer001, VA Explorers Fury | Retired STO Player
My Useful List of STO Forum Threads, Ship Builds & More! | My Forum Gripes
PvP: PvP Boot Camp, the best newbie oriented training initiative in STO!
Lt. Commander
# 24
03-28-2013, 07:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by stardestroyer001 View Post
You mean ingame, or as a Foundry author how to force players into shuttles?

The former is possible. Go to either a starbase with a shipyard guy, your ship's transporter room, or the most easiest of all, the default shuttle bridge. Talk to the ship selection guy and hit the "Select: Small Craft" radio button at the bottom. Then beam out.

The latter is not possible. Trust me, if it was, it would be a lot easier to play my Challenge #6 mission.

Thank you

yes in game.

hum will try that once server back up
Lt. Commander
# 25
03-28-2013, 09:33 PM
I've been considering doing side missions for my series, like the one shot vehicle levels in the Battlefield series, as a way of putting out shorter, combat oriented missions (with a possible chance of team play) while advertising my series.

I'm thinking this might be a good time to try it.
Play Star Trek: Allegiance - my first series in the Foundry
Lt. Commander
# 26
03-29-2013, 05:53 AM
Edit: Whoops! I meant this comment for the recent Tholian discussion thread. My bad.

Anyways, good luck guys. I dunno if I should keep or remove this but hey? Here is it anyways:

I've re-named my mission from "Temporal Investigations" to "Vulcan - 2063 -".

It felt more appropriate, plus I noticed another mission with the title "Temporal Investigations" - which was a continuation from a mission (not mine, I don't think). I don't want players to be confused. XD

I've also updated it here and there and will continue do to so throughout Easter Holidays (I'm UK).

The story is just continued, with a new map and a few new characters. Plus... an optional to find out about my next mission.

Last edited by enterprise629; 03-29-2013 at 05:59 AM. Reason: spelling and edit reason.
Starfleet Veteran
# 27
03-29-2013, 11:22 AM
Got the 30 minute time limit handled. Mission about delivering a pizza to Quinn, at least that is what I put in my entry.

Just kidding, but it is a place holder until my whiteboard has things under control. Although if done right it would be hysterical.
Lt. Commander
# 28
04-06-2013, 01:12 PM
Was just wondering if we had to make custom costumes for enemies groups that'd be trying to kill the character. like aliens, animals and the like.

^^^Is it ok if I use Species M-113 (salt vampires) with default costume?

about ship costumes does every ship have to be a custom costume?

Enemy and Friendly.

*even though it's very hard to tell in game the difference between default and custom?
Commander
# 29
04-06-2013, 02:06 PM
Dont matter mate, you can have a Borg ship dressed as a Soverign class ship if you like!
Hell in this entry i got the Saur animal dressed as Golem like creatures!

The only thing you cant do is use the likeness of real people, so you cant have Spock or Donatra in it but you can have their 'secret offspring/decendants/etc'.
ATTENTION: UNDINE SPACE & TKON GROUND SETS ALL THE WAY DEVS!.. Q-TRIBBLE, MAYBE!?.. EJECT WARP CORE ABILITY LIKE LAYING A SUPER-MINE, HELL YES!!!.. SPACE HIPPIES FROM TOS PLAYING MUSIC IN OUR FLEET STARBASE, NO, JUST, NO... CAIT & RA'KHOLN ADVENTURE ZONE, YES

Last edited by rickysmith1; 04-06-2013 at 02:11 PM.
Survivor of Romulus
# 30
04-06-2013, 03:42 PM
So having the Ask'kaar shoot Justin Bieber is a no no?