Cryptic Studios Team
# 41
03-29-2013, 01:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by qjunior View Post
Errr... the Starbase thing confuses me.... do Romulans actually have their own fleets or do I have to join a Fed/KDF fleet ?

And what the heck is an Alien Gen Hybrid ????

Fleets are either FED or KDF. Romulans can create a FED or KDF Fleet, but then only allow Romulans in if they want. This was done for the reasons stated in the Ask Cryptic.

Alien-gen hybrid means that you'll be able to create custom aliens with limited filters to keep aliens on the Romulan faction more within boundaries of the somewhat Xenophobic Romulan species.

Quote:
Originally Posted by partizan81 View Post
I would've though "can we expect new STFs" would have been a frequently-asked-and-relatively-easily-answered question. Certainly more than HEY, WHAT'S THE NEW SECRET ENEMY IN YOUR EXPANSION.
New STFs will not be released in Legacy of Romulus as they are part of a future season where we will be increasing the rank cap. That said, there will be new max level events released in Legacy of Romulus.
Captain
# 42
03-29-2013, 01:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lordmalak1 View Post
BTW, good job avoiding ANY mention of KDF inclusion in the update DS, thats why we have so much faith in you.
Not that I disagree with the sentiment (I'm again amazed at how someone can talk so much but still say so little), but the KDF is included in the "pick your flavor of Romulan" reveal.
Lt. Commander
# 43
03-29-2013, 01:03 PM
Dissappointed that Romulans are not their own faction. I thought it woud be a good thing to break up te preponderance of Federation payers. Now everyone will more likely than not, roll a Romulan and stay on the side they already primarily play as. So Federation will still get the VAST majority of new content, down the road. Not to mention PvP will soon consist of KDF roms in Warbirds duking it out with Federation Roms in Warbirds. As if the current Dominion lockbox ships vs. Dominion lockbox ships wasn't lame enough.

Note to Cryptic, if its a Federation vs. KDF war, let the ships fighting the battles reflect that.
Career Officer
# 44
03-29-2013, 01:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dastahl View Post
Fleets are either FED or KDF. Romulans can create a FED or KDF Fleet, but then only allow Romulans in if they want. This was done for the reasons stated in the Ask Cryptic.

Alien-gen hybrid means that you'll be able to create custom aliens with limited filters to keep aliens on the Romulan faction more within boundaries of the somewhat Xenophobic Romulan species.

New STFs will not be released in Legacy of Romulus as they are part of a future season where we will be increasing the rank cap. That said, there will be new max level events released in Legacy of Romulus.
Thanks oh mighty one for answering !

No Liberated Borg ?
Only Internet users deal in absolutes !
Lieutenant
Nothing was mentioned about Klingons levels 1-50 in the ask Cryptic. I was expecting something to be mentioned about it. Will there be more klingon missions added to the may expansion?
One of the 0.7%ers Markus Urelious 12000+ Accolades [Fed Tac VA] Viper [Fed Tac VA] Athena [Fed Eng VA] T'ozz [KDF Tac LG]
Forum Member Since Feb 2010
Commander
# 46
03-29-2013, 01:10 PM
Quote:

Thanks so much for taking time to personally answer posts, Mr. Stahl.

I hope fully independent factions will be introduced in the future.

As an endgame Fed. player I count on the KDF to help me win STF's, and earn dilithium, against my main enemy: The Borg. The Fed/KDF war means almost nothing to me.
Joined STO in September 2010.
Republic Veteran
# 47
03-29-2013, 01:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by alopen View Post
Dissappointed that Romulans are not their own faction. I thought it woud be a good thing to break up te preponderance of Federation payers. Now everyone will more likely than not, roll a Romulan and stay on the side they already primarily play as. So Federation will still get the VAST majority of new content, down the road. Not to mention PvP will soon consist of KDF roms in Warbirds duking it out with Federation Roms in Warbirds. As if the current Dominion lockbox ships vs. Dominion lockbox ships wasn't lame enough.

Note to Cryptic, if its a Federation vs. KDF war, let the ships fighting the battles reflect that.
It seems to me that some of you are failing to read what was said by DStahtl...
Quote:
all the while remaining their own independent faction.
That's what he said about the Romulans when they make their decision, they'll still be their own faction, but they'll be allied with either the Federation or the KDF. How difficult is it to understand that?
Rihannsu
# 48
03-29-2013, 01:12 PM
Do we have to pick a side or can we remain unaligned?
Commander
# 49
03-29-2013, 01:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kadieras View Post
Do we have to pick a side or can we remain unaligned?
I imagine you can 'remain unaligned' in the same way that you can right now run a character without a fleet. Possible, but you're missing out on a great deal of content.
Captain
# 50
03-29-2013, 01:14 PM
Quote:

HAHA, what MASSIVE cop-out... Instead of adding a THIRD unique faction, your basically adding a mini-faction, which you must CHOOSE to ally with either FED or KDF at a certain level. Where do I remember this from? Oh right, World of Pandas (Mists of Pandaria).

No self-respecting Klingon would ever willingly help, much less, ally themselves with a Romulan. The only ones (in canon) who ever allied themselves with Romulans, were labeled traitors of the Empire.

From what i'm reading in the Ask Cryptic, your basically saying that the Romulan "faction" will be launched with a handful of new episodes that are unique to them, then at a certain point, you must choose to ally yourself with FED or KDF. Whereupon, you end up running exactly the same mission content that we've already had these past 3 years.