Lt. Commander
# 1 Past Imperfect mission
03-29-2013, 01:50 PM
Did anyone else hope that during the mission, "Past Imperfect", your ships weapons would be so overwhelmingly powerful that you'd just blow all the enemies away with one shot just like "In a Mirror Darkly pt. II"-ENT where they have the Defiant and they're able to defeat any other ship?

Nope.
Captain
# 2
03-29-2013, 02:52 PM
Part of me would have enjoyed that, but I understand why they decided to have the future B'Vat soup-up the old KDF ships to make them 25th Century capable.

Plus, I think it makes the Enterprise seem cooler that it could withstand fighting advanced ships.
STO is about my Liberated Borg Federation Captain with his Breen 1st Officer, Jem'Hadar Tactical Officer, Liberated Borg Engineering Officer, Android Ops Officer, Photonic Science Officer, Gorn Science Officer, and Reman Medical Officer jumping into their Jem'Hadar Carrier and flying off to do missions for the new Romulan Empire. But for some players allowing a T5 Connie to be used breaks the canon in the game.
Starfleet Veteran
# 3
03-29-2013, 03:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by princedimwit View Post
Did anyone else hope that during the mission, "Past Imperfect", your ships weapons would be so overwhelmingly powerful that you'd just blow all the enemies away with one shot just like "In a Mirror Darkly pt. II"-ENT where they have the Defiant and they're able to defeat any other ship?

Nope.
Team up, with a Low level toon, who has skipped most of the missions to not overlevel for it, scale down to his level, enter mission, unscale level, fire everything and watch 'splosions!
Captain
# 4
03-29-2013, 07:27 PM
take an akira. the old D7s pop faster than a pinata in a room full of fat kids with louisville sluggers
Ensign
# 5
05-22-2013, 01:08 AM
There's nothing like fighting side-by-side with the original Enterprise.
Captain
# 6
05-22-2013, 02:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by vantheman77 View Post
You can bye the first enterprise ship out of Z store.

It's a good ship to use if your level 1-10.
Commander
# 7
07-08-2013, 12:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by vantheman77 View Post

That was an amazing moment in a whole string of them. What I loved the most, besides meeting three of the original cast however briefly, was the whole bit with Drozana station.

When you first visit it, it's nasty, run down, and falling apart with verbal hints that it might have been nice at one point but those days are long behind it. Then you go to the sublevels, and it's straight up Nostromo down there! Everything you were told to expect is even worse than described, crumbling and claustrophobic and dark, like a technological haunted house. It's harder still then to imagine it as anything but a hellpit.

Then you go back to the TOS era when it was new, and the contrast is breathtaking! The same map, the same rooms and equipment, but bright and colorful and new and full of life. Those same corridors you dungeon crawled through with spiders and spectres striking from the darkness, now filled with happy pretty people rocking their colorful uniforms amid the pristine retrofuture awesomeness drenched in the Space Age optimism of Roddenberry's original vision.

Am I the only one who didn't want to go back to the future after experiencing the TOS era in all it's glory?