Commander
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 336
# 11
03-29-2013, 01:44 PM
Not going to bother commenting on your snideness.

Anyhow, I will make the case more clearly.

CSV is better at killing mobs than Beam Fire At Will.

It adds on damage, does not appear to have a damage cap, does not become less effective if additional enemies are in the targeted area, has better control over how that damage is dealt, AND effectively gives a pseudo-increase in the firing arc.

Even if it does perform better with a Gravity Well, the base performance is such that it's not actually needed for it to be effective.
Republic Veteran
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 241
# 12
03-29-2013, 01:53 PM
You wins the interweb, I gives up


Join date July 2012 ... My feckin arse ( Feb 2010 )
"The great thing about the internet is its leveling effect; online all opinions are equally WORTHLESS." <------> Grant Morrison
Career Officer
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 1,128
# 13
03-29-2013, 01:56 PM
CSV does have a maxinum damage is can deal, unlike BFaW it has a maxinum number of targets CSV1/2/3 I believe is 3/4/5. Lets make more game changing suggestions without knowing the basics.
Delirium Tremens
Completed Starbase, Embassy, Mine, Spire and No Win Scenario
Nothing to do anymore.
http://dtfleet.com/
Visit our Youtube channel
Commander
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 336
# 14
03-29-2013, 02:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nicha0 View Post
CSV does have a maxinum damage is can deal, unlike BFaW it has a maxinum number of targets CSV1/2/3 I believe is 3/4/5. Lets make more game changing suggestions without knowing the basics.
After a quick test, I concede that this is in fact, correct.
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,474
# 15
03-29-2013, 03:07 PM
The reason scatter volley makes FAW obsolete has nothing to do with its duration and everything to do with the facts that

1.) CSV is very directional and selective with targets = more damage per target. FAW shoots at everything within, at minimum, twice the radius and at maximum a complete sphere.

2.) CSV doesn't castrate your power levels and reduce your weapons to the status of nerf guns. FAW does.
Commander
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 336
# 16
03-29-2013, 03:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by momaw View Post
The reason scatter volley makes FAW obsolete has nothing to do with its duration and everything to do with the facts that

1.) CSV is very directional and selective with targets = more damage per target. FAW shoots at everything within, at minimum, twice the radius and at maximum a complete sphere.

2.) CSV doesn't castrate your power levels and reduce your weapons to the status of nerf guns. FAW does.
Lowering the duration is how I think it should be addressed: flip it so that CSV is more of a burst damage against multiple targets. Currently, I feel that it impinges too much into how Fire At Will works, and is just one of the factors rendering beam weapons rather redundant against cannons.
Captain
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 3,672
# 17
03-29-2013, 03:21 PM
so.
beam broken power drain strikes again.

though it does point out a demand for a "beam: salvo fire mode".
something of a narrow/directional aoe/multi target ability for beams that matches.

i believe there is a tos episode where the enterprise uses its phasers in an aoe mode as 'depth charges' to canonise such an ability too
Quote:
Originally Posted by redz4tw View Post
can you say attack pattern angry forumers 3?
Commander
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 336
# 18
03-29-2013, 03:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by skollulfr View Post
so.
beam broken power drain strikes again.

though it does point out a demand for a "beam: salvo fire mode".
something of a narrow/directional aoe/multi target ability for beams that matches.

i believe there is a tos episode where the enterprise uses its phasers in an aoe mode as 'depth charges' to canonise such an ability too
I want to keep beams different, but still useful.
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 2,277
# 19
03-29-2013, 03:32 PM
Sure, if the same reductions are implemented for subsystem targeting, cannon rapid fire, and fire at will.
@HyperLimited
Join Date: Oct 2009 - My Youtube Stuff
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,640
# 20
03-29-2013, 03:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by momaw View Post
The reason scatter volley makes FAW obsolete has nothing to do with its duration and everything to do with the facts that

1.) CSV is very directional and selective with targets = more damage per target. FAW shoots at everything within, at minimum, twice the radius and at maximum a complete sphere.

2.) CSV doesn't castrate your power levels and reduce your weapons to the status of nerf guns. FAW does.
CSV also deals full damage to all of its targets. FAW increases your firing rate, but then divides its damage between its targets.
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 01:34 PM.