Lt. Commander
# 21
10-26-2009, 03:31 PM
Nice update.
Lt. Commander
# 22
10-28-2009, 02:39 AM
Enjoyed speaking to the PR chap at cryptic yesterday about STO (i didnt get his name sorry) and im sure i played far longer than the 15mins allowed but i wanted to give it a proper lookover

I thoroughly enjoyed the parts that i saw, space combat especially. Like the above poster It reminded me of Pirates of the Burning Sea with the tactics involved so thats a two-thumbs up from me.

Grats to the team on another great show.
Lt. Commander
# 23
10-28-2009, 02:22 PM
dunno what it was like at the london one, but just got back from leeds, twas just the pc's no one seemed to accompany them, played the mish about 6 times over(throughout the day) alas, with only one looped mission available the extra time just lets one become more familiar with the controls and try out some buttons ya dont have time for first time around, and oogle the visual's, and get a little more efficient, would have been nice if all the extra missions you saw on the journal and could get over the com, were playable, plenty of time per person in the leeds one, though admitly probably because most folks play the mish over a couple of times and disappear(only 4 machines in leeds to ) many folks at pc's/console's playing for hours on various titles, i hope i get in CB, alas no dev's and no beta key's for those who trekked there

As for my impressions, the ship combat played and looked allot like Starfleet Command 3 with up to date better visual's, but was allot more fluid in gameplay, no agonizing wait's for said side of ships phaser's to recharge, much more real time, twas good fun, it def needs a fully customisable interface as changing camera angle's could be a little awkward, but understandably not in a looped demo.

The ground combat was interesting, but again interface lacking which is only understandable at this stage and in a demo, firing seemed to involve lots of clicking, no doubt there's a hotkey for it but which one was beyond me, again camera angel's, made viewing what your doing an issue, the game could use an efficient chase camera mode, I think the ground combat could use a little work to make it more fluid, but was still fun, though being a demo your pidgeonholed into a quite a specific mission which restricts your playstyle a fair bit, but obviously it's a demo not the real game, so to speak.
Lt. Commander
# 24
10-28-2009, 02:35 PM
I was at the Leeds one too, also managed to get plenty of gos in over the day. I have been waiting to try this game for an age, loved it but found the controls a bit different to what i was used to.

High hope for the final game though some small thing that are easy to fix..that is if it wasn't e just getting it wrong.
Lt. Commander
# 25
10-29-2009, 04:51 AM
Ive managed to upload the two videos I took at the Leeds Expo on the 27th (with permission of course) on my blog :

http://jaste.wordpress.com/2009/10/2...urogamer-expo/

Its nearly the same as the rest of the videos, its the same mission of course but i tried to get as much information in there as possible.

If this is against the rules my apologies, let me know and i will remove them. I pm'd the mods but had no response.
Lt. Commander
# 26
10-29-2009, 12:26 PM
http://forums.startrekonline.com/sho...849#post889849

This is my review on STO at Eurogamer but sadly I have no photo or video