Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > Klingon Gameplay
Login

Career Officer
So Dstahl tried to spin it that Romulans are a full faction, however they will either join the KDF or Federation at a certain point and will not have their own star bases, and will be "allies" and fight on their chosen side for pvp purposes.

The benefit for the Klingons is that the bulk of romluan players are either going to be ex feds, or people that don't have interest in the federation in the first place.

I beleive most will choose Klingon as their "Ally" and thus join the ranks of the KDF. This means that they will participate in KDF fleets and activites and things like the 20 man kdf starbase defense missions will actually have enough players to trigger, as well as pvp wait time diminishing.

Furthermore, it's inevitable that after being lumped in with us and listening to us lament all the things we don't have that we can find support for finally getting things like kit visuals, and unique stories to the KDF that expand on the war, the allied races liek Orions and Gorn, etc.

It's going to be a good thing long term as our Romulan Allies bring a mutual hatred of those do gooder onesie wearing upside down spoon flying weaklings!
http://soundcloud.com/krovan-1
Lieutenant
# 2
03-29-2013, 02:49 PM
I boil my concern about your conclusion to this: Why would a New Romulan join a KDF fleet when KDF fleets are not as far along in progression as Fed fleets? They can get better tier things more easily on Fed side than KDF. House of Beautiful Orion's might get interest, but why would anyone join a tier 1-4 KDF fleet? I see little motivation or incentive, so the likely result will be to join their existing FED fleet and enjoy the hard work they already invested.

Just my view. Who knows. Things change.
Captain
# 3
03-29-2013, 04:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sulfrustriple View Post
so the likely result will be to join their existing FED fleet and enjoy the hard work they already invested.
^^ THIS. I mean, it's really the most sensible option. Stick with the fleet you're already invested in. Or join a fleet that's already where you want to be. That's overwhelmingly the fed side. It's the easy path. For devs and players.
Lt. Commander
# 4
03-29-2013, 04:18 PM
If the Klingon low-pop pvp queues don't get better...well...that will be a shame.
Captain
# 5
03-29-2013, 04:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by chk231 View Post
If the Klingon low-pop pvp queues don't get better...well...that will be a shame.
It will get worse, as the Rommie-Fed hybrids are going to outnumber Rommie-KDF just as much as Fed vs KDF now. And they will all be looking for KDF to shoot.

People who only play Fed will naturally choose Fed. Its where their fleets and friends are. Its where their C-Store ships and consoles are.
Captain
# 6
03-29-2013, 05:05 PM
A lot of players will take their Romulan to KDF to have access to consoles like leech.
Survivor of Romulus
# 7
03-29-2013, 05:15 PM
What we need most is an auto disable on targeting

So your flying a Romulan Warbird
you enter PVP theres another Romulan warbird on the other side and a couple of defiants

your targeting ONLY locks onto the Fed ship

Thus no Romulan ship fires on Romulans
No federation ship fires on Federation ships
and No Klingon fires on other Klingons (unless they go into a private queue)
Lieutenant
# 8
03-29-2013, 05:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by marc8219 View Post
A lot of players will take their Romulan to KDF to have access to consoles like leech.
Until leech is inevitably lockboxed.
Empire Veteran
# 9
03-29-2013, 05:41 PM
Sorry OP, I think it will be the other way around. Some might join to try the new KDF missions on a Romulan character but the majority will no doubt go Federation.

A lot of hope about faction equality and the KDF finally might improve there numbers to a point where they will start to get an equal share of development will most likely not happen now.

Obviously the new KDF content is really just for the Romulan faction and so they can say publicly that new players can start any faction from level 1. It's a publicly stunt to newcomers, so they can say:

"We have three factions, WOW, LORTR Online etc only have two. We are F2P unlike WOW and others."

It's a shame really, if they really put some effort and look at the wider picture this game could be awesome. Really bring a new benchmark in for the MMO genre.

Still waiting for May for final judgement and hopefully by the end of 2013 maybe things will improve but I am not going to hope for that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaador View Post
Until leech is inevitably lockboxed.
It will happen, it's only a matter of time.
Quote:
Originally Posted by macronius View Post
Cryptic is sloppy. Breaking News at 11. This is what happens when there is no outline or plan and you just make up **** as you go along.
Quote:
Originally Posted by shredder75 View Post
We can tell our great grandchildren, "In my day, our cloaks were so sensitive that even dialogue broke them and we couldn't change our clothes!"
Survivor of Romulus
# 10
03-29-2013, 05:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by majesticmsfc View Post
Obviously the new KDF content is really just for the Romulan faction and so they can say publicly that new players can start any faction from level 1.
Actually, Stahl just posted in another thread a while ago that the KDF current missions will be re-aranged to fit the expanded levels and that there will be new missions at Lt.General level.

----------------------------------------------
Show your support for the Revamped Galaxy Class Exploration Cruiser here!