Career Officer
# 381
03-29-2013, 06:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by blassreiterus View Post
Have you considered that he isn't wrong? Have you ever considered that you're just blinded by the hate you feel for Cryptic in "ruining" your faction? c0nd1t10nr3d shouldn't have to admit he's wrong when there's no CLEAR sign that he is wrong.
If he is not wrong then he should answer the question.
If he refuses to answer, then I can only assume he's wrong and he knows it.
Republic Veteran
# 382
03-29-2013, 06:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by superherofan View Post
Personally, I'm fine with the idea of Romulans allying with either the Federation and the Klingons. Having to start the starbase grind from scratch was not appealing to me at all, and some of the queues weren't healthy enough to justify splintering them further. I think if the next "embassy" was a Romulan starbase, that would go a long way to alleviating some issues.
Using another factions starbases for equipment is 1 thing, but flying another factions ships is another. Shouldn't need to join another faction and divide a faction in half making your faction non existent.
Lt. Commander
# 383
03-29-2013, 06:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by blassreiterus View Post
Have you considered that he isn't wrong? Have you ever considered that you're just blinded by the hate you feel for Cryptic in "ruining" your faction? c0nd1t10nr3d shouldn't have to admit he's wrong when there's no CLEAR sign that he is wrong.
If you don't care why do you keep posting, go be happy in the game.
Republic Veteran
# 384
03-29-2013, 06:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by superherofan View Post
Personally, I'm fine with the idea of Romulans allying with either the Federation and the Klingons. Having to start the starbase grind from scratch was not appealing to me at all, and some of the queues weren't healthy enough to justify splintering them further. I think if the next "embassy" was a Romulan starbase, that would go a long way to alleviating some issues.
Leave it to Nu Kirk, and Nu Spock, to be the voice of reason.

Survivor of Romulus
# 385
03-29-2013, 06:32 PM
Im very surprised we do not have the Federation and Klingon fleets complaining like mad about being forced to accept Romulans
Career Officer
# 386
Quote:
Originally Posted by wazzagiow View Post
Using another factions starbases for equipment is 1 thing, but flying another factions ships is another. Shouldn't need to join another faction and divide a faction in half making your faction non existent.
All I want to know is, if my Romulan can fly my Odyssey, can my KDF fly it too?
After all, I paid for it and it's "only a game" mirite guiz?
Captain
# 387
Quote:
Originally Posted by shpoks View Post
Why do people fail to see that the RSE is no more?
I dont know that it doesnt exist. Look at Beta quadrant on your map, the size of the empire is freakin huge. The seat of power is still intact, and there are still all of those planets with planetary viceroys and governors. The empire could take the loss of a planet, even one as important as Romulus. Even with Sela's absence, the empire could continue running on autopilot for a very long time. It took a looong time for the Roman Empire to collapse after the fall of Rome proper, why would the Romulan Empire suddenly go poof? There are billions of Romulans with a vested interest in seeing it continue to operate.
Career Officer
# 388
03-29-2013, 06:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lizwei View Post
I'm sure it's good business to turn someone like me, a regular contributor of money into someone who won't give them a penny more.
Assuming that good business in this case means "I want to go to bankruptcy court!"
This would be an excellent point, if it were true that you and/or people like you were all that were keeping the game afloat, or if you were sufficient to drive the development of the game. Since you're not, I think this thread would do much better without the extravagant claims about the self-importance of certain posters.

You don't like the decision Cryptic made. Got it. No amount of complaining from you is going to change it, and frankly I think you're just flat wrong anyway - this seems like the best decision to me - Romulan characters get to have access to high-level fleet equipment without grinding out their own starbases from scratch, Romulan players get to run STFs and PVP with their friends, and still get their own play experience, ships, and story line.

And the cost is merely that you don't like that one of the most devious species in Trek might possibly have arranged to play a "middle" position between the Klingons and Feds, allowing them to benefit from relationships with both powers without getting pulled entirely into a war they can ill afford. Oh, and if the cost to the Romulans is that sometimes captains from their fractious and dispossessed military end up on opposite sides of a conflict, well, I don't think it's too much "Realpolitik" to imagine them considering that cost well worth it.
Captain
# 389
03-29-2013, 06:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lizwei View Post
If he is not wrong then he should answer the question.
If he refuses to answer, then I can only assume he's wrong and he knows it.
Go look back over your last post aimed at me... You didn't ask a me question... you tried to make a point of some sort.

Now, I really must go to bed... It's almost 2am (therefore, not copping out and no need to do so). Nite folks!
Survivor of Romulus
# 390
03-29-2013, 06:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ursusmorologus View Post
I dont know that it doesnt exist. Look at Beta quadrant on your map, the size of the empire is freakin huge. The seat of power is still intact, and there are still all of those planets with planetary viceroys and governors. The empire could take the loss of a planet, even one as important as Romulus. Even with Sela's absence, the empire could continue running on autopilot for a very long time. It took a looong time for the Roman Empire to collapse after the fall of Rome proper, why would the Romulan Empire suddenly go poof? There are billions of Romulans with a vested interest in seeing it continue to operate.
You might want to try and read the whole post, rather than only the part you just quoted, before you reply.

----------------------------------------------
Show your support for the Revamped Galaxy Class Exploration Cruiser here!