Captain
# 401
03-29-2013, 06:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lizwei View Post
All I want to know is, if my Romulan can fly my Odyssey, can my KDF fly it too?
After all, I paid for it and it's "only a game" mirite guiz?
Good point and since its only a game i want to fly my excelsior retrofit (Zen ship) with my KDF toon i did pay for it and since canon is irelevant on STO why the hades not.

And while were at it why not just let everyone fly whatever they want regardless of faction so long as they fork out the zen for it.
And for gold members make it where they can fly whatever they want regardless of faction so long as they fork out the zen for it.
The difference between silver and gold members will be that gold members forked out alot of cash so they can be gold members.

OH OH and while were at it lets not forget the bajoran ultra uber super dooper ultra magnificent dreadnaught that looks like a tribble.
Republic Veteran
# 402
03-29-2013, 06:45 PM
Quote:
I hope you enjoy STO until it's shut down over this.
Before I address this point, I am not answering your question because I don't want to give you the satisfaction of getting an answer...

Now onto the point that you made here about the game being shut down over the situation at hand... you are once again (for the third time, by the way) assuming that it's going to happen, do you have proof that the game's going to be shut down over this situation? You don't? There you go.
Republic Veteran
# 403
03-29-2013, 06:48 PM
So this mean Romulan Ale is legal again...woooohooooo....
Captain
# 404
03-29-2013, 06:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by neoakiraii View Post
OMG!!! your right atleast there is one bright side to all of this laziness by cryptic legalised romulan ale
Captain
# 405
03-29-2013, 06:49 PM
*Sets tricorder to whine*

Pros :
+Playable romulans.
+New reputation.
+New traits.
+Ability to use fed/kdf starbase, less grind.
+New hair! Oh this is awesome, can we have the hair style the romulan and vulcan poster girls have? That one looks fabulous!
+Romulans can join the Federation. The Federation assimilates races by aiding them in need, this is the perfect time to help the romulans and secure their loyalty.

Cons:
-Go down fighting no longer triggerable in an undamaged ship.
-Romulans using non romulan ships.
-No unique Romulan fleet holdings.
-Romulans in the KDF ? Never! Get my bat'leth and lets chase them back to the Feds! Arrrrrggh! Backtabbing thieving lying Romulan PetaQ's!

The... controversial:

Romulans are not a fully fledged faction.
Romulans have only one free race.

I personally am happy that we get to play as D'tan's Romulans.
A lot of my friends would prefer to be able to play a "good" romulan, instead of a Tal'shiar villain.

Overall we have more good things then bad. This is not perfect, but it could be much worse.

I honestly find this to be within acceptable parameters.

Romulan ale should be legal as long as its produced outside the Star Empire.

I also doubt STO will be shut down because of this.
Was it shut down because the KDF was a token faction at the start like this?
The worst that can happen is that a few people leave.
But others will come back to play the romulans.

Last edited by tpalelena; 03-29-2013 at 06:52 PM.
Career Officer
# 406
03-29-2013, 06:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by blassreiterus View Post
Before I address this point, I am not answering your question because I don't want to give you the satisfaction of getting an answer...

Now onto the point that you made here about the game being shut down over the situation at hand... you are once again (for the third time, by the way) assuming that it's going to happen, do you have proof that the game's going to be shut down over this situation? You don't? There you go.
I am merely pointing out that the money must come from somewhere.
If it will no longer come from people like me, and it won't come from people like you, who will it come from?
STO must be financially successful in order to stay online. Do you think PWE is running a charity?

The fact is, you and people like you are going to have to support STO now. If you do, good for you. If you don't, again, who will?
Commander
# 407
03-29-2013, 06:51 PM
Quote:
But that's the point. Civil wars can end. New leaders can rise. New nations can be forged.
Saying this must be the end of the entire Star Empire and that only D'Tan's hippy commune is a viable base to form a (half-assed) faction from is silly.
Oh, it probably could be, but it would take a lot more effort and story than Cryptic seems willing to put in.

Personally, I would've gone with a fully-fleshed out Romulan faction independent of the other two, whose story line focuses on the Civil War that inevitably occurred after the destruction of Romulus, and introduced 3 faction PvP with... I can't think of the correct phrase at the moment... but basically persistent "sector space keeps", that can be captured and held for resources. I would've basically stolen from ****.

If that's so much work that it requires charging for the expansion, so be it. I'm sure plenty of people would've been willing to pay for that. I would have.

But there's one thing people are right about - nothing we say is going to change anything. It's far too late for Cryptic to develop something other than glorified space pirates with a bird fetish.

edit: Holy space marketing, Batman. The abbreviation for "Dark Age of Camelot" is censored.

Last edited by darkelfofficer; 03-29-2013 at 06:54 PM.
Survivor of Romulus
# 408
03-29-2013, 06:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by neoakiraii View Post
Only on New Romulus, and Fleet Starbases if your Romulan allies are gracious enough to share some with you!
Show your support for the Revamped Galaxy Class Exploration Cruiser here!
Career Officer
# 409
03-29-2013, 06:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tpalelena View Post
A lot of my friends would prefer to be able to play a "good" romulan, instead of a Tal'shiar villain.
Oh goody! *jumps and claps like a schoolgirl*A false dilemma fallacy! Haven't seen one of these in a while!

Why exactly must the choice be "D'Tan hippy" or "Tal'Shiar villain"?
How about a normal member of the Star Empire, who believes in the supremacy of the Romulan people above all others, and wants to work to restore it and not mortgage their future to their sworn enemies?
Captain
# 410
03-29-2013, 06:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tpalelena View Post
Im ok with the micro faction concept and i think playing as D'tans roms is good my only true issue is how we were all mislead by cryptic in believeing there was going to be a 3rd faction.

Cryptic should have been up front with us and not let us all get the wrong idea then we all wouldnt have had bigger expectations.