Lt. Commander
# 421
03-29-2013, 07:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lizwei View Post
Oh goody! *jumps and claps like a schoolgirl*A false dilemma fallacy! Haven't seen one of these in a while!

Why exactly must the choice be "D'Tan hippy" or "Tal'Shiar villain"?
How about a normal member of the Star Empire, who believes in the supremacy of the Romulan people above all others, and wants to work to restore it and not mortgage their future to their sworn enemies?
Agree I wanted to play a Romulin , not a Fedbear.
Career Officer
# 422
03-29-2013, 07:01 PM
Quote:
Unfortunately, when "fans" take control of a franchise in any form, it often becomes this.
Or this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FckGQzqXgpE
[John Logan claimed he was a HUGE TNG fan - and we saw this script - with the help of Brent Spiner of course]
Formerly known as Armsman from June 2008 to June 20, 2012 http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=91861979000&dateline=  1340755546
PWE Drone says, "Your STO community as you have known it is ended...Display names are irrelevant...Any further sense of community is irrelevant...Resistance is futile...You will be assimilated..."
Captain
# 423
03-29-2013, 07:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by neoakiraii View Post
unique content from 1-40..... hmmmmm no star bases....hmmm where did I see that before...must be Federation pre season 6 because the Klingons did not have that at all even with Star bases.
Hey man your sig needs a change

To : We are...Hippies

and have a pic of a romulan hippie lol jk
Career Officer
# 424
03-29-2013, 07:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tpalelena View Post
Sworn enemies? The Federation can't harm a fly, and the Klingons used to be their allies.
This has stopped the Romulans considering them enemies? No, it hasn't. Have you actually watched Trek?

Quote:
Also, the fact that you think that only you are supporting this game really takes any credibility away from you, not that you had much to begin with .
I specifically said I wasn't the only one.
What I said was that I and people like me have been regular supporters up till now. Do try to keep up, dear.
Career Officer
# 425
03-29-2013, 07:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jexsamx View Post
*glances at STO, which has had a year of nothing but fiscal growth, has greatly increased its staff, is PWE's highest earner outside the Asian market, and has just unveiled its first true expansion pack*

Yeah, it looks like we're in real danger of shutting down.
Yes, before today. Before contributers like me decided to cut Cryptic off.
We shall see what the future holds, won't we?
Empire Veteran
# 426
I don't mind this new idea.
The only issue I have is: Why would the romulans join the KDF?
KDF have 5 missions. Feds have 50.
Why?
Career Officer
# 427
Q: (ooiue) Now that the precedence has been set of you guys adding factions, are there plans to put a playable Dominion/Cardassian faction sometime within the next year or two?

Dstahl: Legacy of Romulus definitely opens up the door to adding new factions in the future and ultimately puts STO one step closer to a living Star Trek galaxy.

I saw this and thought, Delta Quadrant, Borg, alcoves, ships, plasma wrist weapons, Borg UI, Cube fleet base, etc...and also spending lots of money on Borg related lock box / c-store items...I'd love Hue as a commander...
Captain
# 428
03-29-2013, 07:06 PM
Quote:
This has stopped the Romulans considering them enemies? No, it hasn't. Have you actually watched Trek?

I specifically said I wasn't the only one.
What I said was that I and people like me have been regular supporters up till now. Do try to keep up, dear.

The Romulans did see the Federation as an enemy, much good it did them.

And...where are these legions of outraged players behind you? I kind of can't see them. I only see you.

Perhaps they are hiding?
Let us wear Swimsuits on Foundry maps or bridges please! I would pay zen for that.
Empire Veteran
# 429
03-29-2013, 07:06 PM
Quote:
All I want to know is, if my Romulan can fly my Odyssey, can my KDF fly it too?
After all, I paid for it and it's "only a game" mirite guiz?
That is an excellent point. Cryptic sets themself up for this hard question with that statement and decision. What about the ships and outfits we payed with zen for.
Ships are sort understandable, Those are rather large mashines of war and sponsored by a government, but outfits? gimme a break, replicator that way, done.

So going by the logic that it was payed for with Zen,
All faction restrictions sjould be gone from all Zen items, we payed for them after all.
Species specific outfits? Hogwash, 99% of all species in trek are humans with colored skin or bumpy foreheads. There rest is the same.

-= ISE: 12:19 -=- CSE 12:41 -=- KASE 11:59 -=- HSe 8:06 total =-
-= KAGE 5:43 =-
[7:07] [Combat (Self)] Your Dual Disruptor Banks - Overload II deals 123086 (41096) Disruptor Damage(Critical) to Assimilated Carrier.
Career Officer
# 430
03-29-2013, 07:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by chalpen View Post
I don't mind this new idea.
The only issue I have is: Why would the romulans join the KDF?
KDF have 5 missions. Feds have 50.
Why?
Orions

/10 char
Please join our peaceful protest to help make STO a better game
Proudly not contributing to PWE's bottom-line since October 2012