Republic Veteran
# 431
03-29-2013, 07:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by crypticarmsman View Post
Or this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FckGQzqXgpE
[John Logan claimed he was a HUGE TNG fan - and we saw this script - with the help of Brent Spiner of course]
Now that I re watched that....I heard him say" don't be so BANE" lol
Lt. Commander
# 432
03-29-2013, 07:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cryptiecop View Post
Q: (ooiue) Now that the precedence has been set of you guys adding factions, are there plans to put a playable Dominion/Cardassian faction sometime within the next year or two?

Dstahl: Legacy of Romulus definitely opens up the door to adding new factions in the future and ultimately puts STO one step closer to a living Star Trek galaxy.

I saw this and thought, Delta Quadrant, Borg, alcoves, ships, plasma wrist weapons, Borg UI, Cube fleet base, etc...and also spending lots of money on Borg related lock box / c-store items...I'd love Hue as a commander...
Which side will the Dominion/Cardassian players chose federation or klingons? It will be intreasting.
Career Officer
# 433
03-29-2013, 07:09 PM
As long as the plan is to slowly add all the Games Systems like DOffs / Fleetbase / PVP etc. over the next Seasons to the Romulan Faction, like they did in the beginning with Klingons, then i am OK with that.

I would just like to hear now that Romulans one day will actually get their own full blown DOff Expansion.

The only question would be how to separate existing chars from their allies again, in particular with DOffing, once you have FED or KDF DOffs those can't be magically get a green border and keep working...

so even if we have to play the FED/KDF DOff Missions and Chains without any Romulan Flavor, i would at least request that ROM faction specific DOffs be added before it is too late.
Empire Veteran
# 434
Quote:
Originally Posted by wazzagiow View Post
Using another factions starbases for equipment is 1 thing, but flying another factions ships is another.
While I disagree with a lot of what you say this I totally agree with. I feel this move is wrong. I think the community would be happy to have only minimal content for the next 12 months on the Romulan side in exchange for not being forced to fly Fed and KDF ships on Romulan characters.

I understand they are trying to give Romulan players as much content and things to do as the characters on other factions, but I think it be better not to do this even if the Romulans have a bit of a content drought while the KDF are polished up and Romulan content is released in each season.
Quote:
Originally Posted by macronius View Post
Cryptic is sloppy. Breaking News at 11. This is what happens when there is no outline or plan and you just make up **** as you go along.
Quote:
Originally Posted by shredder75 View Post
We can tell our great grandchildren, "In my day, our cloaks were so sensitive that even dialogue broke them and we couldn't change our clothes!"
Captain
# 435
All joking aside after this how can the romulans ever be a real faction
there is no way to make them into an actual faction now.

Maybe they can splinter off a different rom faction based not on D'Tans space hippies but on the rom star empire led by sela after the hobus made romulas go boom.

Idk just seems cryptic is taking a lazy mans way out of making an actual faction
Captain
# 436
Quote:
Originally Posted by neoakiraii View Post
Now that I re watched that....I heard him say" don't be so BANE" lol
In that clip I totally misred the FI for an A in final journey.

But I do not want Romulans to use Fed or KDF ships. That would be odd.
Career Officer
# 437
03-29-2013, 07:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lizwei View Post
Yes, before today. Before contributers like me decided to cut Cryptic off.
We shall see what the future holds, won't we?
People were saying very similar things for the past three years, almost every time something happened.

It's a given that I can't see the future, but based on patterns up until now, I am willing to guess you won't be any more right than the ones who came before you.
Career Officer
# 438
03-29-2013, 07:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by goldenlion619 View Post
Which side will the Dominion/Cardassian players chose federation or klingons? It will be intreasting.
Would be nice to have both Dominion and Borg as pure separate entities...
Commander
# 439
03-29-2013, 07:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by zerobang View Post
As long as the plan is to slowly add all the Games Systems like DOffs / Fleetbase / PVP etc. over the next Seasons to the Romulan Faction, like they did in the beginning with Klingons, then i am OK with that.

I would just like to hear now that Romulans one day will actually get their own full blown DOff Expansion.

The only question would be how to separate existing chars from their allies again, in particular with DOffing, once you have FED or KDF DOffs those can't be magically get a green border and keep working...

so even if we have to play the FED/KDF DOff Missions and Chains without any Romulan Flavor, i would at least request that ROM faction specific DOffs be added before it is too late.
This won't happen. That's what's so annoying about this. Once the Romulans are entwined with the Federation and Klingons, there is no undoing it. Cryptic simply cannot take players from those factions and dump them into a new one later on down the road.

The shortsightedness of Cryptic's plan is probably one of the most aggravating things about it.
Survivor of Romulus
# 440
03-29-2013, 07:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by goldenlion619 View Post
The Cardassian government under Natima Lang will join the Federation, ofcourse. The Federation already patrols and protects their space by the peace agreement.

The Jem'Hadar on the other hand, will go KDF. They respect the warlike Klingons.
Show your support for the Revamped Galaxy Class Exploration Cruiser here!