Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > Klingon Gameplay
Login

Career Officer
# 21
03-30-2013, 12:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sulfrustriple View Post
I boil my concern about your conclusion to this: Why would a New Romulan join a KDF fleet when KDF fleets are not as far along in progression as Fed fleets? They can get better tier things more easily on Fed side than KDF. House of Beautiful Orion's might get interest, but why would anyone join a tier 1-4 KDF fleet? I see little motivation or incentive, so the likely result will be to join their existing FED fleet and enjoy the hard work they already invested.

Just my view. Who knows. Things change.
Because the most advanced Fed fleets are actually at 80% or more capacity (400+ players) and can't take on the Romulans coming. A change in fleet cap or some other setting would obviously alter this equation.
Fleet holding costs | Accolade Points: 18745 (Fed Engineer), 16400 (KDF Tactical)
Subscribe to Accolade thread | Join channel Accolades | Idea: Mail Revamp
New on STOwiki: Spire projects | STO Timeline | Fed-KDF Disparity | upcoming content
Fed Fleet: Section 31 (level 20) | KDF Fleet: Klingon Intelligence (level 20)
Career Officer
# 22
03-30-2013, 01:11 AM
You act like this new race will bring SWARMS of new people to STO.

It most likley wont, and 75% of romulans will probably be fed alts, and will go into fed fleets anyways.

Most feds are in small to medium fleets with T3-T4 starbases and loads of membership room.

As for the fleet cap, the only fleet that I am aware of with cap issues even with regularly pruning inactives, and restricting alts is Reddit.

The new 'race' expansion wont help us in the slightest as we will still benefit the least from it.
Career Officer
# 23
03-30-2013, 03:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by viaxa View Post
You act like this new race will bring SWARMS of new people to STO.

It most likley wont, and 75% of romulans will probably be fed alts, and will go into fed fleets anyways.

Most feds are in small to medium fleets with T3-T4 starbases and loads of membership room.

As for the fleet cap, the only fleet that I am aware of with cap issues even with regularly pruning inactives, and restricting alts is Reddit.

The new 'race' expansion wont help us in the slightest as we will still benefit the least from it.
More KDF players helps, even if Fed is helped more. Even if 75% of Romulans go Fed, that means 25% go KDF and if it was a 3:1 ratio that'd be better than anything KDF's had before.

Also, there are many 400+ man fleets that you may not be aware of. An incomplete list: 1st Starfleet Germany, 44th Fleet, Access Denied, Ausmonauts, Battle Group M.A.C.O., Borg Syndicate, Crimson Fubar Inc, Federation Deepspace Operations, Fubar Inc, Guardians of Equestria, House of Kular, House of Tlhap-Jen, Inner Circle, KDF Elite Force 'avwi' batlh tlhingan', KHG-Klingon Honor Guard, Klingon Intelligence, Kodiak Legion, LaFamilia, Orion.Empire., Pride Of The Federation, Proteus, Raider Armada, REDdit ALERT, S.O.B., Section 31, Shadow Force, SSOG, Starfleet M.A.C.O., Starfleet Medical Command, Stonewall Fleet, Task Force Spectre, The House of Duras, UFP
Fleet holding costs | Accolade Points: 18745 (Fed Engineer), 16400 (KDF Tactical)
New on STOwiki: Spire projects | STO Timeline | Fed-KDF Disparity | upcoming content
Captain
# 24
03-30-2013, 03:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by phyrexianhero View Post
More KDF players helps, even if Fed is helped more. Even if 75% of Romulans go Fed, that means 25% go KDF and if it was a 3:1 ratio that'd be better than anything KDF's had before.
You're forgetting something important: The number of players doesn't actually change. It'll be the same people, playing as Rommies, of which most will go Fed because that's where their friends and fleets are, as for most people, their Fed fleets are in better shape than their Klink fleets.

A fresh start would have given the opportunity for those who missed the start of the starbase game to get in on the ground floor...now it's just a continuation of a game that is already over.
Lt. Commander
# 25
03-30-2013, 03:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by krovan View Post
The benefit for the Klingons is that the bulk of romluan players are either going to be ex feds, or people that don't have interest in the federation in the first place
Such players exist?

No, the real benefit for the KDF, actually is not a benefit but otherwise would have been the death of the empire, is that klingon lovers can play romulans without abandon the KDF. So, yes, it is something good for u or, at least, is not something bad.
Starfleet Veteran
# 26
03-30-2013, 03:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by krovan View Post
I beleive most will choose Klingon as their "Ally" and thus join the ranks of the KDF.
Nope. Going to ally with my main characters Fed Fleet
Federation Bushrangers
Federation & Imperial Bushrangers
Looking for an Australian/New Zealand fleet?
www.bushrangers.net
Career Officer
# 27
03-30-2013, 03:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jkstocbr View Post
Nope. Going to ally with my main characters Fed Fleet
He said most. When I talked to my fleet, many said they intended to go KDF because that's the side that needs it most. For any large Fed fleet, without a change to current cap, they will simply be unable to bring in Romulan alts as well -- I expect they'll be encouraged to go KDF.
Captain
# 28
03-30-2013, 03:49 AM
The Romulans as part of the KDF are not going to be a good thing in the long run.

It is going to dilute the KDF experience entirely as 60% - 70% of the population, I would guess, starved for something new will roll a Romulan.

As a KDF loyalist, I am not at all fond of seeing that happen to the KDF.

We already have a huge problem with hundreds of cross factional lockbox ships and now entire 1 - 50 level ships on mass.

Not good. Not good at all.

And if anyone has not picked-up on it. This means now that Fed players and premades have access to not only their own breed of OP, but a completely new one as well - and one that sports Singularity Cores and Battle Cloak.

Fed Premades in PvP are going to be having a field day.
Captain
# 29
03-30-2013, 03:57 AM
they should have made romulans as an addition to the KDF...population problem solved + content and ships for the KDF

anyway the solution they implemented is also great, makes many more "factions" possible in the future.
Go pro or go home
Career Officer
# 30
03-30-2013, 04:12 AM
Actually, having the roms splitting between Fed and KDF is kind of a 'static' outcome. Depending on how they look at the metrics, either they look at the Fed+rom VS KDF+rom numbers and it's not going to change much for KDF since people coming from the blue side and rolling a rom will just go back to their original faction and stay with fleet mates....

SERVER NOT RESPONDING (1701s)