Captain
# 271
03-29-2013, 04:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ironphoenix113 View Post
@marcus

Glad you liked them! And with regard to Bryan's parents, that is definitely something I'll be exploring in the future

Now that that's out of the way, time to get started on (technically ) my fourth!
Very much so, and awesome news, it'll be interesting to see the basis for their views And likewise... Writing on Entry 3 as we speak
Captain
# 272
03-29-2013, 04:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmdrscarlet View Post
Aaand my third is up. I'm done for this round
Nice Really interesting idea to have a kind of walkround and pick up on all the shipboard gossip
Captain
# 273
03-29-2013, 06:11 PM
Heh...the fact that my KDF toon wanted to totally flout the Nausicaan stereotype and STO's missions wouldn't allow it was a big reason I quit playing the KDF side.

Imagine General Chang in Nausicaan form and you have a fairly good idea of what Krantak was intended to be like--very intelligent, well-spoken, strict, and highly controlled. Likely a speaker of three languages minimum. Pretty much everything you would NOT expect from a Nausicaan. Then again, perhaps someday I could write an LC entry showing what one of those Instigate Defection DOFF assignments would be like, since his disgust was so clear to me that I even saw him in a dream of mine, faced with the understanding that honor as HE saw it was not possible in Klingon-controlled space, and only with a minority of his own people, as well...
Christian Gaming Community Fleets--Faith, Fun, and Fellowship! See the website and PM me for more. :-)

Sig by gulberat. Avatar credit to balsavor.deviantart.com
Career Officer
# 274
03-29-2013, 07:01 PM
@cmdrscarlet -

Very nice entry, and a very unique perspective on your captain! I also liked the links to past stories your characters are referencing.

"I won't try to hide behind the Law if what I stand for is what's Right."

The Masterverse Timeline / Ten Forward Fanfics
Captain
# 275
03-29-2013, 07:21 PM
Entry Three. Warning: Not for the faint of heart...

For ease of reference/visualization, here're the actors I would cast if I was filming this tomorrow...

Rebecca Ravillious - Mimi Rogers
Naomi Chandler - Katherine Heigl
Ahmed Nasir - Shaun Toub
Paul Kane - Chris Noth
Thomas Hendricks - Gerard Butler
Adigeon Researcher - Paul Walker
Callum MacLeod - Adrian Paul
Adigeon Doctor - Sienna Guillory
Marcus Kane - Asa Butterfield
Alix Kane - Shyloh Oostwald
Wesley Cooper - Brad Pitt
Doctor Reynolds - Patrick J. Adams

Last edited by marcusdkane; 03-29-2013 at 07:23 PM.
Career Officer
# 276
03-29-2013, 10:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by marcusdkane View Post
Entry Three. Warning: Not for the faint of heart...
Ah, finally the long-awaited origin story.

Dang, you weren't kidding when you said "not for the faint of heart." The anguish Marcus is feeling at the end there is so palpable, it practically reached from my computer screen and punched me in the gut.

I know it had to hurt to write that. It hurts just to read it. But let me say it was absolutely worth it.

Captain
# 277
03-29-2013, 11:38 PM
Wow...that really drives home the horror he endured.

I hope Master Sovak, underneath his Vulcan composure, is someone with a lot of compassion, given that he specializes in those who have suffered traumas. Marcus will definitely need an approach that is both instructive and compassionate and respectful.

I'm surprised the Kanes weren't harder on Alix for her disquieting behavior, though, and then told Marcus it was normal or at least acceptable...
Christian Gaming Community Fleets--Faith, Fun, and Fellowship! See the website and PM me for more. :-)

Sig by gulberat. Avatar credit to balsavor.deviantart.com
Career Officer
# 278
03-30-2013, 03:06 AM
Here's another one.

Be warned: This one is quite long (30 pages in MS Word! ) so don't start reading it unless you have nothing to do for the next hour.

For LC14: Facility 4028 I went for a mission adaptation story with a unique twist.

When I started playing the game last year I leveled up my characters Jesu and Ssharki simultaneously, and synced their progress through the storyline missions. In my back story they were close friends before the war, and I'd always imagined them cooperating on the cross-faction Featured Episode missions, particularly the 2800 FE chain.

So this story is that scenario played out. You also get a much more in-depth look at Jesu LaRoca's mental state (self-deluded much?) and my own (sick) sense of humor.

PS: Bonus points if you figure out where all those names in the address box came from.

Last edited by sander233; 03-30-2013 at 03:11 AM.
Captain
# 279
03-30-2013, 06:47 AM
Thank you for the praise gang It was challenging to write without using names - for that reason each table session had to be short.

Dagnabit sander ... someone at work is going to notice all that paper is missing I'm going to take a chance ...
Kathryn S. Beringer - The Dawn Patrol

Solaris build - Veritatum Liquido Cernene
Captain
# 280
03-30-2013, 08:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sander233 View Post
Ah, finally the long-awaited origin story.
I figured having discussed/justified Marcus' eccentricities and issues in the past, it was time to actually show the causes of them...

Quote:
Dang, you weren't kidding when you said "not for the faint of heart." The anguish Marcus is feeling at the end there is so palpable, it practically reached from my computer screen and punched me in the gut.

I know it had to hurt to write that. It hurts just to read it. But let me say it was absolutely worth it.
It was... emotional... but I'm glad that it was worth it if it explained things better and gave a better insight into Marcus' demons

Quote:
Here's another one.

Be warned: This one is quite long (30 pages in MS Word! ) so don't start reading it unless you have nothing to do for the next hour.

For LC14: Facility 4028 I went for a mission adaptation story with a unique twist.

When I started playing the game last year I leveled up my characters Jesu and Ssharki simultaneously, and synced their progress through the storyline missions. In my back story they were close friends before the war, and I'd always imagined them cooperating on the cross-faction Featured Episode missions, particularly the 2800 FE chain.

So this story is that scenario played out. You also get a much more in-depth look at Jesu LaRoca's mental state (self-deluded much?) and my own (sick) sense of humor.

PS: Bonus points if you figure out where all those names in the address box came from.
That was a fantastic piece, thankyou for taking the time to put it together and share
Absolutely awesome use of characters and situations I have the suspicion that Miss Zain is what they refer to as 'a hotty'... I also have a suspicion that Marcus, Jesu and Ssharki would have had some interesting times at the annual Exotic Weapons Convention ^_^ Equally, I dread to think what Singh would have done if he ever got his hands on S'rR's' genetic profile, but I suspect that he won't be continuing his work...

[Edit to add]
I forgot to say, awesome CC list Did the branding of Marcus' watch filter through?

Last edited by marcusdkane; 03-30-2013 at 09:26 AM.