Lt. Commander
# 231
03-25-2013, 07:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by drphil321 View Post
Once upon a time, STO was working. Now when I launch the application I get a white box with a small STO delta badge on the top left with what appears to be a light grey loading bar behind it, but the bar doesn't move.
hi. i had the same. i had to wipe STO from my HD and redo the hole install/wine-thingy. after that it patched and worked. had that 2x already. but that always solved it for me. don't know if you tried that...
good luck
Captain
# 232
03-25-2013, 08:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by asches1 View Post
hi. i had the same. i had to wipe STO from my HD and redo the hole install/wine-thingy. after that it patched and worked. had that 2x already. but that always solved it for me. don't know if you tried that...
good luck
I have had the same problem. This is my third attempt to reinstall.
Community Moderator
# 233
03-30-2013, 09:42 AM
My main game still runs, but I can't get Tribble to run beyond the brightness setting screen. Anyone got any ideas?
Volunteer Community Moderator for the Star Trek Online Forums. My views may not represent those of Cryptic Studios or Perfect World Entertainment.
If you wish to speak to someone on the community team, file a 'forums and website' support ticket here, as we are not able to respond to PMs regarding moderation inquiries.
Ensign
# 234
04-02-2013, 09:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tobar26th View Post
My main game still runs, but I can't get Tribble to run beyond the brightness setting screen. Anyone got any ideas?
I've been having trouble with the new UI on Tribble in that I can't click on anything. I can type into a textbox that already has focus, but can't click any other control. Looks like Windows users have a similar issue anyway. However, I have had no luck with the proposed workaround:
http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/sh....php?p=8898701

I tried putting that flag in the 'EXE Flags' box in the Wineskin settings, but it still doesn't seem to work for me. Perhaps someone else knows what to do to get it to work? Or we just wait for Cryptic to patch it on Tribble and see if we are still stuck then.
Career Officer
# 235
04-03-2013, 09:36 AM
I've always had serious issues trying to Tribble with this... but its never carried over into release.
Rihannsu
# 236
04-03-2013, 09:45 AM
Using the win XP workaround (-enablerawinputsupport 0) did the trick for me.

Tribble runs and looks sweet. Wish i could say the same about the new traits
Joined 06.10
PvP 2010-2011
PvP 2012-2013
Starfleet Veteran
# 237
04-03-2013, 09:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tobar26th View Post
I'm having a similar issue Holodeck works fine, but Tribble takes me to the Cyrptic loading screen (the one that just says "Cryptic" on it) and will only load up a tiny way and then just sits there. I let it sit for about half an hour with no change.

Quote:
Originally Posted by havam View Post
Using the win XP workaround (-enablerawinputsupport 0) did the trick for me.

Tribble runs and looks sweet. Wish i could say the same about the new traits
Can you provide more information about this workaround? where does one put the "-enablerawinputsupport 0"? etc.

peter
Ensign
# 238 Crashing after playing
04-03-2013, 11:45 PM
Having a slight problem with closing STO after a clean reinstall of it (I couldn't hit the engage button after changing the engine to the WS9Wine1.5.26).

Every time I'm done with STO, and close it, whether it be through the game's internal exit button, Cmd+Q for via the Force Quit Application window, my laptop grey screens.

From here I can do one of two things: Open the Force Quit window, which shows that no applications are running (not even Finder), or press the power button briefly, which will open the typical power down options, however after clicking any of the buttons (with exception to the cancel button) the window simply closes and does nothing.

Laptop is a 13 inch Late 2011 Macbook Pro with 2.4GHz i5 Intel processor, the stock 4GB of RAM, and runs OSX 10.8.2 build 12C60. STO runs on the 2.5.8 wrapper and the WS9WineCX11.2.0NoXInput2 engine.

[Edit] - Yesterday I updated OSX to the latest version, and the issue has resolved itself... Kinda.

Instead of getting grey screens all the time, after closing STO, I am getting the same grey screens when simply clicking on the STO Launcher Icon, but only some of the time. It's nice being able to stick to a single OS for everything, but if the problem persists, I will probably start using bootcamp to play it again.

Last edited by doctordurden; 04-05-2013 at 01:06 PM. Reason: Update on situation
Rihannsu
# 239
04-04-2013, 12:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pfreeman View Post
I'm having a similar issue Holodeck works fine, but Tribble takes me to the Cyrptic loading screen (the one that just says "Cryptic" on it) and will only load up a tiny way and then just sits there. I let it sit for about half an hour with no change.

Can you provide more information about this workaround? where does one put the "-enablerawinputsupport 0"? etc.

peter
From the tribble patch notes:
Quote:
Originally Posted by zer0niusrex View Post
Known Issues:
  • Players on Windows XP may have problems with the game not accepting mouse and keyboard input.
    • There is a workaround for this.
      • Open your launcher.
      • Click on Options on the top right.
      • In Advanced command line, enter the following:
      • -enablerawinputsupport 0
      • Click OK and launch the game as usual.
Joined 06.10
PvP 2010-2011
PvP 2012-2013
Ensign
# 240
04-05-2013, 04:32 PM
This program works ok for me with Champions right now, but I was wondering if you can use it to play both Champions and STO? Would I have to download it again and rename the CO one or something?