Captain
# 1 Klingons are facing extinction!!
03-30-2013, 09:53 AM
If Romulans are allowed to Join the KDF and have access to Romulan ships and KDF ships and gear - what possible reason would any new player roll a Klingon toon?

I mean you can roll a Rommie and come into a KDF fleet and have access to all KDF ships and equipment and you get all the Romulan shinnies to?

All the old KDF players are stuck with just the KDF gear as I see it now.

So unless I am wrong - other than Klingon fandom - what possible reason is there to start/keep a Klingon toon when you can - or a new player can get access to all your stuff+their new stuff?

So those fleets that built up bases - you get to build ships and gear for the Romulans - that you wont have access to as a Klingon!!

I hope I am wrong - but if this is true - the Klingon race is going to almost disappear in STO.
Commander
# 2
03-30-2013, 09:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by born2bwild1 View Post
If Romulans are allowed to Join the KDF and have access to Romulan ships and KDF ships and gear - what possible reason would any new player roll a Klingon toon?

I mean you can roll a Rommie and come into a KDF fleet and have access to all KDF ships and equipment and you get all the Romulan shinnies to?

So unless I am wrong - other than Klingon fandom - what possible reason is there to start/keep a Klingon toon when you can - or a new player can get access to all your stuff+their new stuff?

So those fleets that built up bases - you get to build ships and gear for the Romulans - that you wont have access to as a Klingon!!

I hope I am wrong - but if this is true - the Klingon race is going to almost disappear in STO.
You underestimate the effectiveness of KDF ships and gear.
Career Officer
# 3
03-30-2013, 09:55 AM
Klingon Fandom has always been the only reason to roll a Klingon. Nothing changes.
nynik | Join Date: Dec 2009
<Dev> Oaks@dstahl: *checks for CBS listening devices in the office*
Captain
# 4
03-30-2013, 09:57 AM
Quote:
Just yesterday you made a thread stating how much of a boon it would be for the KDF. Are you trying to play both ends against the middle?
STO is about my Liberated Borg Federation Captain with his Breen 1st Officer, Jem'Hadar Tactical Officer, Liberated Borg Engineering Officer, Android Ops Officer, Photonic Science Officer, Gorn Science Officer, and Reman Medical Officer jumping into their Jem'Hadar Carrier and flying off to do missions for the new Romulan Empire. But for some players allowing a T5 Connie to be used breaks the canon in the game.
Captain
# 5
03-30-2013, 10:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thecosmic1 View Post
Just yesterday you made a thread stating how much of a boon it would be for the KDF. Are you trying to play both ends against the middle?
No the more I learn and from more comments from Mr Stahl - the more concerned I am that there will be little reason for anyone new to roll a traditional klingon toon - if Romulan/kdf toons have access to exclusive romulans ships/gear and KDF ships gear.

Why would you have a Klingon toon.

Basically starting lvl 1 means nothing now as you might as well start a Romulan and have exclusive access to 2 levels of ships/equipment for 1 toon.
Captain
# 6
03-30-2013, 10:04 AM
Quote:
Why would you have a Klingon toon.
For the vet rewards!
Captain
# 7
03-30-2013, 10:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by snoggymack22 View Post
For the vet rewards!
I don't think players fully realize yet just how serious this scenerio is - they hoped for more Klingon blood into the playerbase - but the advatages of running a Rommie/KDF toon are stacked too high against a traditional KDF toon.

As some Klingon players leave they will be replaced with Rommies - the Klingon part of the KDF will get smaller and smaller as time goes on.
Captain
# 8
03-30-2013, 10:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by eraserfish View Post
You underestimate the effectiveness of KDF ships and gear.
And you fail to the see the point.

By joining the KDF Romulans have access to BOTH their Shipyards and also to the KDF shipyards.

The point is why would you roll a Klingon if the only thing you are cutoff from are the KDF races, you get EVERYTHING the KDF have as a Romulan, even their missions (The Gates of Gre'thor, now with 100% more awkward) so whats is really the point?

The only thing you lose is Uniforms MAYBE (I am sure you get HG unlock and so you get to dress you Rommy with a HG set) and race choices for captain, thats it ... everything else you have, ships, DOFFs, weapons ... everything.

Why roll a Kling?
Rihannsu
# 9
03-30-2013, 10:32 AM
Quote:

don't you think you're over-dramatizing, not to mention jumping the gun, a little too much?

my advice: wait and see how things play out in may (or on tribble, but keep in mind it's a TEST server, meaning anything going up there is a WIP), THEN come back and revisit this subject
Quote:
[Combat (Self)] Your Kumari Phaser Wing Cannons - Overload deals 128698 (67705) Phaser Damage(Critical) to Borg Bird-of-Prey.
don't mess with the andorians
Quote:
Originally Posted by starswordc View Post
If it walks like an idiot, talks like an idiot, and acts like an idiot, it's a frakking idiot.

Last edited by shadowfang240; 03-30-2013 at 10:35 AM.
Empire Veteran
# 10
03-30-2013, 10:37 AM
"the Sky Is Falling!

It called rain you, get an umbrella.. check back middle of may.. we'll see what happens then...

if KDF dont get.. THWEN the sky will be falling because the second KDF exodus will happen.

Khemaraa sends
Release 8.5 "STO The Next Generation"

Let the happy old bug stomping commence, along with refinement toward enhancing each factions play experience!
Closed Thread