Career Officer
Quote:
Originally Posted by skydawnknight View Post
This is a multi-part series. Only two parts so far. I enjoy reading your reviews, so it would be great to get your input on either or both. Thank you!

2nd Part:
Mission Name: Dark Alliance 2: Black Spiral
Author: @Skydawn
Minimum Level: 31+
Allegiance: Federation
Project ID: ST-HDSFSEJNA
Estimated Mission Length: 45 min to 1hr+

This is my mission thread: Dark Alliance Series
Federation Mission - Dark Alliance 2: Black Spiral
Author: Skydawn
Allegiance: Federation
Project ID: ST-HDSFSEJNA

----------Report Start-----------

Summary: This is a great mission in the series. The map designs are good, with excellent innovative techniques that worked very well. The battles are tough, but fun and there are plenty of them to keep even the most battle hardened player entertained. The story dialogue is excellent and kept me riveted to my seat with a desire to see what came next. I would highly recommend this mission to all players who love great maps, tough battles, and excellent story dialogue. You will love this mission and the series so far.

Below are a couple of things I noted while playing the mission that I wanted to let you know about. Everything in this write up should be seen as suggestions on ways I felt you could improve certain elements of the mission. They are yours to do with as you see fit.

Mission Description: This is a good description. I noted no spelling or grammatical errors with this description.

Grant Mission Dialogue: This is a nice simple grant dialogue. I noted no spelling or grammatical errors with this dialogue.

Mission Task: Consider adding the start location for the first custom map to the initial task.. It will make it easier for the player to find it. I noted no spelling errors with this task.

Mission Entry Prompt: This is a good simple use of the prompt. I noted no spelling or grammatical errors with this prompt.

MAPS:
Belias Orbit: This is a good map design with tough, but fun battles, and excellent story dialogue. I noted no spelling or grammatical errors with this dialogue or any issues with the map.

The Aurora Lounge: This is a great map design with tough battles and excellent story dialogue. I noted no spelling or grammatical errors with this dialogue or any issues with the map.

New Aurora Compound - East: This is a great map design with tough battles and excellent story dialogue. The Aurora Tram design was very well done. I noted no spelling or grammatical errors with this dialogue or any issues with the map.

New Aurora Compound - North: This is a good map design with excellent story dialogue. I noted no spelling or grammatical errors with this dialogue. I had one question regarding the away team:
-Is the away team being isolated so far away a glitch? I realize they were not needed on this map and it made the story work better, but if it was not a glitch then how did you do it? I am sure there are many authors that would love to find an easier way to isolate the away team rather trying to move the spawn point close to an edge so they become trapped.

Unknown Star Cluster: This is a good map design with a fun battle and excellent story dialogue. It is a good wrap up to this mission. I noted no spelling or grammatical errors with this dialogue. I noted one item to consider changing:
-The Miranian battle ship has photonic Galor's with it.

---------End Report----------

Thanks again for authoring and for giving me the chance to review your work. You did a great job with this mission and I look forward with anticipation to the 3rd installment in the series.
Brian

This critique report also filed 03/30/2013 on forum posting for: In depth mission reports upon request.
If you would like a detailed review of your mission please visit my forum posting "In depth mission reports upon request" for details.

Last edited by evil70th; 03-31-2013 at 07:16 AM.
Ensign
# 22
06-01-2013, 09:21 AM
I've played many Foundry games and was looking forward to "Dark Alliance" but have run into an issue right off the start -- after defeating the fighters at Garion Station the location of the enemy cruiser (based on other reviews) is off-map and I cannot get past map barrier (the old "There is nothing on the sensors, Captain. Would you like a new course - WARP or Dismiss"). And that's as far as I can get... tried several times... didn't notice anyone else reporting this but am disappointed.
Ensign
# 23
06-01-2013, 08:11 PM
Glad to see this is not just me. Same issue, with the ship to be intercepted being off map.

Wonder if something changed recently for the foundry... I've been trying various missions only to find many have objectives with markers for them displaced from where the actual objective is. Extrememly irritating as I cannot complete nearly half the foundry quests I've tried. It's that or drive around the maps for hours hoping you get lucky.... Hoping the authors will go back in an fix the issue if possible.
Ensign
# 24
06-19-2013, 08:46 PM
Argh! What a cliffhanger to part 2! Ratings system seem to be down, but I'll have to replay and rate 1 and 2 both 5 stars when that changes, 2 of my favorites. There's a lot to this series that screams Trek but one doesn't see in this game too often. The NPCs are some of the most interesting I've seen in the Foundry so far.
Ensign
# 25
07-07-2013, 03:59 PM
I really enjoyed Part 2, especially the ending. Can't wait for the next part, though until part three comes out, Captain Jonathan Kirk is currently MIA along with Captain Saria(AKA, I'm gonna be working on my Romulan character in the meantime :/ )
Commander
# 26
07-19-2013, 08:17 AM
Quote:
OK, the pathing bugs have been worked out, so final version:

Dark Alliance 2: Black Spiral

Synopsis: In this sequel, you and your crew are invited by Admiral Fielding to an ambassador's gala to discuss this strange new enemy. As the Alliance secretly plots your demise, old friends and new foes become entangled in a conflict that will create as many questions as answers, and reveal and dark truths never meant to be uncovered.

Faction: Federation
Required Level: 31+
Mission Length: About 30 min to 1hr+ depending on different dialogue and optional choices
Mission Type: Story/Combat combination - Designed for solo play only

Hey, I just wanted to say that I played through and loved both parts of the mission series!
May I please ask (without making you feel like I am rushing you (I'm not wanting to rush you)) what your timeline is for part 3 to come out? Thanks!
Captain
# 27
09-11-2013, 07:53 AM
I hit a glitch on the Aurora North map at the part where the bridge blows up and you fall. I evidently missed the invisible platform and fell all the way to the ground and couldn't continue. Beaming out and reentering got it working but I thought you ought to know.

Fun mission despite the bug, especially the noodle incident between the PC and Saria you kept mentioning but stopping just short of explaining.
Vadm. Kanril Eleya, U.S.S. Andraste, Strike Team Alpha

Useful Links for Foundry Writers | "Bait and Switch" -- Fed Foundry project, Part 1 rewards-qualified!
Say no to Arc! STO standalone installer
Lieutenant
# 28 loved it!!!!!!!
12-10-2013, 10:17 AM
i just played both part 1 and 2 and loved em really ept me interested [and thats saying something lol] cant wait for part 3 [you should consider doing this as a job]
Ensign
# 29 How long until part 3
03-03-2014, 09:06 PM
I have played both episodes of this series on all my federation characters and I love it. I love this series and can't wait for the next episode. Any idea when it maybe ready. I am itching to see what happens next and how it all comes together.

@Dexxis7
Ensign
# 30 part 3
03-13-2014, 08:58 AM
Quote:
OK, the pathing bugs have been worked out, so final version:

Dark Alliance 2: Black Spiral

Synopsis: In this sequel, you and your crew are invited by Admiral Fielding to an ambassador's gala to discuss this strange new enemy. As the Alliance secretly plots your demise, old friends and new foes become entangled in a conflict that will create as many questions as answers, and reveal and dark truths never meant to be uncovered.

Faction: Federation
Required Level: 31+
Mission Length: About 30 min to 1hr+ depending on different dialogue and optional choices
Mission Type: Story/Combat combination - Designed for solo play only
ya when well part 3 be redy to play thanks