Survivor of Romulus
# 11
03-30-2013, 10:50 AM
lol I always find these type of threads amusing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nynik View Post
Klingon Fandom has always been the only reason to roll a Klingon. Nothing changes.
I can see that someone else pretty much answered it. Thanks nynik!

Quote:
Originally Posted by f2pdrakron View Post
And you fail to the see the point.

By joining the KDF Romulans have access to BOTH their Shipyards and also to the KDF shipyards.

The point is why would you roll a Klingon if the only thing you are cutoff from are the KDF races, you get EVERYTHING the KDF have as a Romulan, even their missions (The Gates of Gre'thor, now with 100% more awkward) so whats is really the point?

The only thing you lose is Uniforms MAYBE (I am sure you get HG unlock and so you get to dress you Rommy with a HG set) and race choices for captain, thats it ... everything else you have, ships, DOFFs, weapons ... everything.
Luckily enough, not everyone perceives things as one-dimensional. If my Romulan char. gives me access to the fleet Excelsior, do you really think I'll put her in a Fed. ship rather than her own D'Deridex?!?
My Klingons fly Klingon ships.
My Orions fly Syndicate flight-deck cruisers.
My Feds. fly saucery ships with red bussard collectors & blue nacelles.
The only exception would be the Kumari, but since I'm an ENT fan you can't hold that against me. And it's only for my Andorian and noone else.

So, no, I can't see myself saying "Ah, the Roms. give me access to everything, I'll just throw my other chars to the junkyard." and I know quite a few people who are of the same opinion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by f2pdrakron View Post
Why roll a Kling?
Uhm.....because I want to?

----------------------------------------------
Show your support for the Revamped Galaxy Class Exploration Cruiser here!
Lieutenant
# 12
03-30-2013, 10:51 AM
I thought the Q&A only said they'd get access to a few ships from their ally not the entire roster. Maybe I need to go reread that thing again.
Captain
# 13
03-30-2013, 11:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by born2bwild1 View Post
No the more I learn and from more comments from Mr Stahl - the more concerned I am that there will be little reason for anyone new to roll a traditional klingon toon - if Romulan/kdf toons have access to exclusive romulans ships/gear and KDF ships gear.

Why would you have a Klingon toon.

Basically starting lvl 1 means nothing now as you might as well start a Romulan and have exclusive access to 2 levels of ships/equipment for 1 toon.
Well, I'll just stick with Dan's concept of waiting to see it before passing judgement. There's enough people on the forum shouting "fire" before they even see the smoke already.
STO is about my Liberated Borg Federation Captain with his Breen 1st Officer, Jem'Hadar Tactical Officer, Liberated Borg Engineering Officer, Android Ops Officer, Photonic Science Officer, Gorn Science Officer, and Reman Medical Officer jumping into their Jem'Hadar Carrier and flying off to do missions for the new Romulan Empire. But for some players allowing a T5 Connie to be used breaks the canon in the game.
Lt. Commander
# 14
03-30-2013, 11:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thecosmic1 View Post
Well, I'll just stick with Dan's concept of waiting to see it before passing judgement. There's enough people on the forum shouting "fire" before they even see the smoke already.
Thats how I understood it, the Romulan Republic will be nothing more than a Vassal State to the Fed or KDF depending the route they choose so your only really independent for the development of your Romulan Toon then you choose your Master Fed or KDF.
Captain
# 15
03-30-2013, 11:55 AM
Sure, fine, wait and see if the sky is falling - but I don't like the way things are looking.

Point is the same - everyone who has played the KDF was crying about new people avoiding the Klingons because not starting at level 1

now you can start a Klingon at level 1 - but why would a new player - if they can get all the KDF content - ships/gear(or Fed) PLUS all the new Romulan Shinnies?

Answer : they won't - so eventually Klingons/gorn/orion - will be gutted and replaced with Romulans.

So as the old players leave - the KDF population will become more and more Romulan.

If KDF players are ok with this - cool - then there is nothing to worry about.

Personally I am not cool with Romulans becoming the dominate population of the KDF.

That is all.
Captain
# 16
03-30-2013, 11:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by darkhorse281 View Post
Thats how I understood it, the Romulan Republic will be nothing more than a Vassal State to the Fed or KDF depending the route they choose so your only really independent for the development of your Romulan Toon then you choose your Master Fed or KDF.
At level 10 you choose an ally. You are not their vassal. You still report to the Romulan Command. All the alliance does is allow the Roms to do missions from another Faction - and allow you to team with that Faction. They can also use that faction's gear. They become allies. Nothing more.

The above approach is absolutely no different then how the KDF were portrayed throughout the various TNG era series: the Klingons were allies of the Federation, and the two groups could team-up to do various things together - and even exchange gear - but they were still very-much their own societies.

Within the game the Republic is already making alliances with both the Feds and KDF. All the alliance system does is allow a player to make that choice for themselves as they advance. The game is never going to evolve past the point where they are now.
STO is about my Liberated Borg Federation Captain with his Breen 1st Officer, Jem'Hadar Tactical Officer, Liberated Borg Engineering Officer, Android Ops Officer, Photonic Science Officer, Gorn Science Officer, and Reman Medical Officer jumping into their Jem'Hadar Carrier and flying off to do missions for the new Romulan Empire. But for some players allowing a T5 Connie to be used breaks the canon in the game.
Captain
# 17
03-30-2013, 12:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by born2bwild1 View Post
now you can start a Klingon at level 1 - but why would a new player - if they can get all the KDF content - ships/gear(or Fed) PLUS all the new Romulan Shinnies?
Because some people's fantasy is to play a Romulan - just as some people's fantasy is to play a Klingon, or a Ferengi, or whatever.

Quote:
Personally I am not cool with Romulans becoming the dominate population of the KDF.

That is all.
I'm starting to see a lot of Levi3 around here.
Captain
# 18
03-30-2013, 12:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by shpoks View Post
The only exception would be the Kumari, but since I'm an ENT fan you can't hold that against me. And it's only for my Andorian and noone else.
My Vulcan commands an entire bridge full of pink skins on my Kumari. The joke makes me giggle everytime I log in.
Captain
# 19
03-30-2013, 12:52 PM
Its a devious Romulan plot to wipe out the Klingons forever MUWA HA HA HA HA HA. Really, did you expect anything less from a Romulan?
Captain
# 20
03-30-2013, 01:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thecosmic1 View Post
Because some people's fantasy is to play a Romulan - just as some people's fantasy is to play a Klingon, or a Ferengi, or whatever.

I'm starting to see a lot of Levi3 around here.
First point - yes but there will be more incentive to roll a rommie/kdf - than a normal KDF for the extra potential.

Second point - He was very anti KDF - vs I am worried about this negative affect on the KDF - big difference.

This thread is to bring light to a situation - that if it happens would cause a de-population of Klingons in the KDF.

And of course the real reason - it's not Fair - we other klingons want our 2 sets of cookies to!
Closed Thread