Captain
# 11
03-29-2013, 03:53 PM
Have any of us tested how this works in a foundry mission? Maybe it uses the old boxes?
Captain
# 12
03-29-2013, 05:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by allocater View Post
The current dialog box is right there in the picture on the right. And who is talking about BOFFs?
Exactly. Sometimes you have dialog with characters that dont appear on a ground map. So this i all you see of them.
Play more STO Foundry! (You can thank me later.)

A TIME TO SEARCH: ENTER MY FOUNDRY MISSION at the RISA SYSTEM in the SIRIUS SECTOR
Survivor of Romulus
# 13
03-29-2013, 06:10 PM
Thought I had better run a mission and see what it's like in practice.

Opening dialogue where you accept the mission was on the viewscreen, including my BOFF, since you always have to start that out from a BOFF. The BOFF's image was zoomed out a bit.

All space dialogue seems to use the viewscreen, including BOFFs. The BOFFs were the closeup.

Ground dialogue does not have the viewscreen.
Join the Foundry Roundtable live Wednesdays at 7:30PM EST/4:30PM PST on twitch.tv/thefoundryroundtable

Looking for a Foundry mission for your Romulan character? Look no further!
Rihannsu
# 14
03-29-2013, 07:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rangerryu View Post
Yeah I don't see anything worth worrying about.

This version does have a much smaller text box though...
HAIL HYDRA!
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
I can haz joystick!
MMOs aren't charities. Corporations are supposed to make a profit. It's what they do.
Show Archon and Borticus how much you would like to see new Doff races!
Captain
# 15
03-30-2013, 08:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by drogyn1701 View Post
Thought I had better run a mission and see what it's like in practice.

Opening dialogue where you accept the mission was on the viewscreen, including my BOFF, since you always have to start that out from a BOFF. The BOFF's image was zoomed out a bit.

All space dialogue seems to use the viewscreen, including BOFFs. The BOFFs were the closeup.

Ground dialogue does not have the viewscreen.
Well i'm cool with that.

A TIME TO SEARCH: ENTER MY FOUNDRY MISSION at the RISA SYSTEM in the SIRIUS SECTOR
Survivor of Romulus
# 16
03-30-2013, 08:49 AM
Seems to me that BOFFs should not be on the viewscreen, but otherwise I'm ok with it.
Join the Foundry Roundtable live Wednesdays at 7:30PM EST/4:30PM PST on twitch.tv/thefoundryroundtable

Looking for a Foundry mission for your Romulan character? Look no further!
Rihannsu
# 17
03-30-2013, 12:15 PM
Oddly... I went and test played my old mission Sehlat Barbecue, it used no view screens, BUT... it gave me an error when I tried to republish.
HAIL HYDRA!
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
I can haz joystick!
MMOs aren't charities. Corporations are supposed to make a profit. It's what they do.
Captain
# 18
04-02-2013, 07:26 AM
The one thing I really hope the new GUI addresses is giving the player a seperate option to adjust the size of dialog text. To get the text to a comfortable size you must make the whole ui oversized and crowd the screen. Very annoying! It makes me less inclined to play text heavy missions.

Rihannsu
# 19
04-02-2013, 09:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lincolninspace View Post
The one thing I really hope the new GUI addresses is giving the player a seperate option to adjust the size of dialog text. To get the text to a comfortable size you must make the whole ui oversized and crowd the screen. Very annoying! It makes me less inclined to play text heavy missions.
That is a good point. what I saw last time on tribble made the headshot HUGE and the text box small. The buttons to choose dialog options were as large as the dialog box.
HAIL HYDRA!
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
I can haz joystick!