Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 8,121
# 21
03-30-2013, 02:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by born2bwild1 View Post
First point - yes but there will be more incentive to roll a rommie/kdf - than a normal KDF for the extra potential.
And you can just as easily say that there's no incentive to roll a Fed because a Rom gets all the Fed missions and extra potential too. So I guess that means:

THE FEDS ARE FACING EXTINCTION!
STO is about my Liberated Borg Federation Captain with his Breen 1st Officer, Jem'Hadar Tactical Officer, Liberated Borg Engineering Officer, Android Ops Officer, Photonic Science Officer, Gorn Science Officer, and Reman Medical Officer jumping into their Jem'Hadar Carrier and flying off to do missions for the new Romulan Empire. But for some players allowing a T5 Connie to be used breaks the canon in the game.
Captain
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 1,292
# 22
03-30-2013, 02:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thecosmic1 View Post
And you can just as easily say that there's no incentive to roll a Fed because a Rom gets all the Fed missions and extra potential too. So I guess that means:

THE FEDS ARE FACING EXTINCTION!
Yes - I could start the same thread in the Fed section - but I am less worried about the Fed side than the KDF.

That and the KDF's population is much lower than the Fed and any turnover will quickly be very noticable.
Lieutenant
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 51
# 23
03-30-2013, 02:15 PM
Why did I roll a Fed? Dorthy Fontana.
Why did I roll up a Klingon? John M. Ford.
Why will I roll up a Romulan? Diane Carey.

And I like playing them all...
Empire Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 118
# 24
03-30-2013, 02:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thecosmic1 View Post
At level 10 you choose an ally. You are not their vassal. You still report to the Romulan Command. All the alliance does is allow the Roms to do missions from another Faction - and allow you to team with that Faction. They can also use that faction's gear. They become allies. Nothing more.

The above approach is absolutely no different then how the KDF were portrayed throughout the various TNG era series: the Klingons were allies of the Federation, and the two groups could team-up to do various things together - and even exchange gear - but they were still very-much their own societies.
Not quite. For example...there has never been an instance in this game where a Klingon vessel with Federation Tags engages in warfare against the Empire on the side of the Federation.

However....that is EXACTLY what is going to happen with the Romulans. In fact...from a story perspective, the Romulan society will be in a perpetual state of Civil War, with Romulan vessels firing on each other, and working for one side or another.
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 8,121
# 25
03-30-2013, 02:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by born2bwild1 View Post
Yes - I could start the same thread in the Fed section - but I am less worried about the Fed side than the KDF.

That and the KDF's population is much lower than the Fed and any turnover will quickly be very noticable.
And none of that changes the fact that the players who wish to play a Klingon will still play a Klingon - just as they have the last 3 years.

These people weren't playing KDF all these years for the exciting list of Missions. They were doing so because they like being on the KDF side. Nothing there will change - other then some Feds who always wanted to play Roms will go play Roms, and some Klinks will do likewise.
STO is about my Liberated Borg Federation Captain with his Breen 1st Officer, Jem'Hadar Tactical Officer, Liberated Borg Engineering Officer, Android Ops Officer, Photonic Science Officer, Gorn Science Officer, and Reman Medical Officer jumping into their Jem'Hadar Carrier and flying off to do missions for the new Romulan Empire. But for some players allowing a T5 Connie to be used breaks the canon in the game.
Captain
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 4,091
# 26
03-30-2013, 02:19 PM
this stuff is why i suggested rewards from ingame actions be inversly proportional to the factions size.

this way the smallest faction would be the most rewarding to play and the largest would loose its draw.

atleast until population sizes where averaged out, then the pro's & cons would be negligible.
Quote:
Originally Posted by redz4tw View Post
can you say attack pattern angry forumers 3?
Quote:
Originally Posted by baelogventure View Post
Considering Ryan broke 25k in a NX, I expect he could easily pull 10k in an Escape Pod with a Hand Phaser.

Last edited by skollulfr; 03-30-2013 at 02:22 PM.
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 8,121
# 27
03-30-2013, 02:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ztempest View Post
Not quite. For example...there has never been an instance in this game where a Klingon vessel with Federation Tags engages in warfare against the Empire on the side of the Federation.
I'm not talking about the game, there. I'm talking about canon. In canon the KDF and Feds were allies. They aided each other, they exchanged officers, and so on. I don't see how the game is going to handle that any differently.

Quote:
However....that is EXACTLY what is going to happen with the Romulans. In fact...from a story perspective, the Romulan society will be in a perpetual state of Civil War, with Romulan vessels firing on each other, and working for one side or another.
Let's not fool ourselves. Most of the time Fed Roms will be shooting at KDF Roms only in PvP - and PvP is a minority of the player-base. Plus no one does PvP to role-play. If that were the case you'd never see KvK or FvF PvP in the game.

The rest of the time Roms will be shooting Tal Roms.
STO is about my Liberated Borg Federation Captain with his Breen 1st Officer, Jem'Hadar Tactical Officer, Liberated Borg Engineering Officer, Android Ops Officer, Photonic Science Officer, Gorn Science Officer, and Reman Medical Officer jumping into their Jem'Hadar Carrier and flying off to do missions for the new Romulan Empire. But for some players allowing a T5 Connie to be used breaks the canon in the game.
Survivor of Romulus
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 4,593
# 28
03-30-2013, 02:23 PM
Such foolishness

If I did not have to walk My Targ I would challenge you to ritual combat for this

Some of us split our time among MANY alts (I have over 40)
They cover the full range

Klingons will live thrive and survive

and the Romulans will NOT have access to all the klingon ships
just a couple
Captain
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 1,292
# 29
03-30-2013, 02:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sollvax View Post
Such foolishness

If I did not have to walk My Targ I would challenge you to ritual combat for this

Some of us split our time among MANY alts (I have over 40)
They cover the full range

Klingons will live thrive and survive

and the Romulans will NOT have access to all the klingon ships
just a couple
My my I did not think you played the KDF. Where did you find out the info that they will have limited access to KDF ships? You say all - so just 90%? what?
Survivor of Romulus
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 5,682
# 30
03-30-2013, 03:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by snoggymack22 View Post
My Vulcan commands an entire bridge full of pink skins on my Kumari. The joke makes me giggle everytime I log in.
Not surprised. My Andorian has, although not an entire bridge, pinkskins on every command station. Those pinkskins can come quite handy for taking care of the hull.
Besides, it's the Federation, so I don't mind. Just as I wouldn't mind the Romulans if we're allied with them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ztempest View Post
Not quite. For example...there has never been an instance in this game where a Klingon vessel with Federation Tags engages in warfare against the Empire on the side of the Federation.

However....that is EXACTLY what is going to happen with the Romulans. In fact...from a story perspective, the Romulan society will be in a perpetual state of Civil War, with Romulan vessels firing on each other, and working for one side or another.
Actually...no. The Romulan society is already in a perpetual state of civil war, the only Romulan place of perpetual peace being New Romulus because it's protected by Starfleet and the Klingon Defense Force both.

The Romulan Republic is based on New Romulus. So in essence, when a starship that belongs to this faction attacks an RSE vessel in the FEs it cannot be compared to a B'rel with Fed. tags attacking a KDF Hoh'sus. These starships will not have Fed. or KDF designations, they will have Republic ones - R.R.W., fighting what is now an enemy Romulan faction led by power thirsty psychos that will go to bed with Borg, Iconian or <Enter faviourite uber-villain of the mont here>, just to remain in power.
You can compare it to the first Klingon episodes when you fight against the House of Torg BoPs.

If the PvP situation of Rommies against Rommies was what you had in mind, I must that I'm not keen even to discuss this. It means nothing and I tend to ignore it, setting it under the "for gameplay reasons" file. Why? Because the same happens to the KDF and Starfleet, with same faction PvP. It wouldn't be serious to say that the Federation or KDF are in state of a civil war because of that and same applies for the Romulans.

I believe the Romulan Republic will be the much needed new start for the Romulan species. It's quite obvious that the RSE did not manage to survive the Hobus incident. They may still be out there, but they have turned into a band of war thirsty warlords + Tal'Shiar that are in a state of civil war for regaining controll over what used to be RSE space, driven by personal reasons of egomaniacs and not Romulan interests.
Besides, the Romulans don't need Emperors, they need Praetors. They need their old type of government and lifestyle back. They need the Romulan Republic if they ever hope of being united and a major player in the galaxy again.
Looking for a genuine Star Trek experience?
Join the Klingon Empire! It will be glorious!

Last edited by shpoks; 03-30-2013 at 03:29 PM.
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 05:45 AM.