Rihannsu
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 3,828
# 111
03-26-2013, 11:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by attilio87 View Post
Which other carriers are missing their hangar slots? I just clicked on the Jem'Hadar Carrier because I thought it might be a bug in the code, but I see the hangar slots for it. Let me know which are missing and I'll look into it.
well, i've only checked the vesta and kar'fi so far, but neither of them have hangars; i'll check the rest of the ships i know to have hangars right now

EDIT: actually, it looks like it's just the vestas and kar'fi that don't have the hangars; all the rest do

EDIT2: oh, one other thing; shields are missing the [Adapt] modifier that are on elite fleet shields, and the plasmonic leech has the icon of a TCD Subspace Infuser, while the photonic displacer has plasmonic leech's icon
Quote:
[Combat (Self)] Your Kumari Phaser Wing Cannons - Overload deals 128698 (67705) Phaser Damage(Critical) to Borg Bird-of-Prey.
don't mess with the andorians
Quote:
Originally Posted by starswordc View Post
If it walks like an idiot, talks like an idiot, and acts like an idiot, it's a frakking idiot.

Last edited by shadowfang240; 03-26-2013 at 01:05 PM.
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 162
# 112
03-26-2013, 06:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowfang240 View Post
well, i've only checked the vesta and kar'fi so far, but neither of them have hangars; i'll check the rest of the ships i know to have hangars right now

EDIT: actually, it looks like it's just the vestas and kar'fi that don't have the hangars; all the rest do

EDIT2: oh, one other thing; shields are missing the [Adapt] modifier that are on elite fleet shields, and the plasmonic leech has the icon of a TCD Subspace Infuser, while the photonic displacer has plasmonic leech's icon
Alright thanks. I'll work on it as soon as I can. Appreciate it!
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 145
# 113 I still think it is Great!!!
03-26-2013, 06:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by attilio87 View Post
SKILL PLANNER
One of the most important aspects of this game are your skills. It is important to put your skill points in the proper skills and not waste any of them. It is also important to not waste your free respec tokens and money every time you want to make changes to your skills. With this free skill planner you can prepare your skills using all the available features and then when you are satisfied you can put those changes in the game. The best part is that you can also find builds by other players to get ideas.

Star Trek Online Skill Planner - http://skillplanner.stoacademy.com

Build Search - http://www.stoacademy.com/tools/skillplanner/share.php

Suggestions, comments, bug reports, etc. are always welcome. I hope you find this tool helpful.

Features:
* Works exactly like in the game, but with additional features.
* Auto highlights skills based on your ship type.
* Auto highlights skills based on your Bridge Officer Abilities.
* Auto highlights skills based on your rank and level.
* Choose any ship that exists in the game
* Choose your ground skills to see which abilities affects it.
* Choose your space energy and projectile weapons
* Click on any skill to see what abilities you have chosen are affected by it.
* Save/Load your build on the website.
* Personalized link to share your build with others.
* Save/Load your settings to a file on your computer.
* Switch between the Federation and Klingon factions.
* Switch between Engineering, Science, or Tactical careers.
* A "Help" file so you can understand the planner.
* A "Tips" file for some skill planning tips
* Printable view so you can print out your skills for future reference
* Ability to add skill points anywhere without minimum requirements for each rank
I have loved your website since the start... This skill planner just gets better and better. You would think the president of the federation would give you a reward for your contribution to the game...
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 162
# 114
03-27-2013, 05:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mbomberdavid View Post
I have loved your website since the start... This skill planner just gets better and better. You would think the president of the federation would give you a reward for your contribution to the game...
Haha thanks! I do my best.
Rihannsu
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 3,828
# 115
03-29-2013, 01:36 PM
thanks for fixing the vesta and kar'fi's missing hangars, but while setting up a kar'fi build, i ran across a new problem: files saved to someone's computer that contain special characters like commas or apostrophes can't be loaded by the planner

i had kar'fi in my file name and i had to take the ' out to get it to load
Quote:
[Combat (Self)] Your Kumari Phaser Wing Cannons - Overload deals 128698 (67705) Phaser Damage(Critical) to Borg Bird-of-Prey.
don't mess with the andorians
Quote:
Originally Posted by starswordc View Post
If it walks like an idiot, talks like an idiot, and acts like an idiot, it's a frakking idiot.
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 162
# 116
03-30-2013, 11:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowfang240 View Post
thanks for fixing the vesta and kar'fi's missing hangars, but while setting up a kar'fi build, i ran across a new problem: files saved to someone's computer that contain special characters like commas or apostrophes can't be loaded by the planner

i had kar'fi in my file name and i had to take the ' out to get it to load
A lot of special characters cause problems when a file is uploaded. I might be able to figure out a work around but not right now since I don't have a lot of time. I'd suggest staying away from using special characters.
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,016
# 117
03-30-2013, 01:44 PM
Having a problem with your site. It seems to work fine until I log in. Then all I get is the STO academy forum displayed, even though the link says http://www.stoacademy.com/tools/skillplanner/

Am using firefox browser. Seems to work ok if I log out.
_____________________
Come join the 44th Fleet.
startrek.44thfleet.com
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 162
# 118
03-31-2013, 04:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by latinumbar View Post
Having a problem with your site. It seems to work fine until I log in. Then all I get is the STO academy forum displayed, even though the link says http://www.stoacademy.com/tools/skillplanner/

Am using firefox browser. Seems to work ok if I log out.
You've got me stumped. I'm on it now and it's working fine. Try it again, maybe clear your browser's cache. If you're still having a problem contact me through the site's contact page, I can check if there is anything odd with your account that could be causing this but I honestly doubt it.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 200
# 119
03-31-2013, 12:38 PM
First off, I love the site! Really helps to advise my fleet mates on what to do and why to do it.

Lately I'm having problems with previously saved builds. It gives an error on the javascript loading.

Message from FireBug: SyntaxError: invalid property id.
And from what I can tell from the limited information, your data escaping is fubar.

And if I may give a piece of advice, why don't you send a JSON response back when the file upload is done? Make it a complete AJAX call instead of the hybrid you currently have.
Because json_encode($build) is your friend
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 162
# 120
03-31-2013, 06:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by intrepid74656 View Post
First off, I love the site! Really helps to advise my fleet mates on what to do and why to do it.

Lately I'm having problems with previously saved builds. It gives an error on the javascript loading.

Message from FireBug: SyntaxError: invalid property id.
And from what I can tell from the limited information, your data escaping is fubar.

And if I may give a piece of advice, why don't you send a JSON response back when the file upload is done? Make it a complete AJAX call instead of the hybrid you currently have.
Because json_encode($build) is your friend
Thanks. If you give me the link and/or file names I'll be able to look into it better.
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 03:45 AM.