Empire Veteran
Been away for a bit...sort of fell off of the forums after the big Romulan announcement -- just lurked a bit.

Came in today...and I want to make sure that I got this correct...please correct me if I am wrong...

The "Romulan Faction" is not really a faction...you start a Romulan charactor, and at some point they have to decide to join either the KDF or the Federation?

So...as a Romulan....there will be access to Romulan warships in BOTH Federation and KDF Shipyards?

Sub-Question: Will Romulans who join the Empire have access to KDF vessels, especially Fleet Versions?

Sub-Question: Will KDF players have access to Romulan vessels?

So...no third faction....just the two existing factions...but with a new "sub-race" or "partner" attached to the existing two factions?

No Romulan faction, no third party in PvP, etc? How will Fed and KDF Romulans be visually different, or will they look exactly the same? That could get confusing...

If this is indeed the case...wow. Just wow.
Captain
# 2
03-30-2013, 09:15 AM
1 - raise modest prize funds.

2 - release story board/plot points for episodes/seasons.

3 - use/monetise franchise fanatics as legions of content devs with the goal of creating content that if works, becomes official ingame content.

4 - having done this set internal devs to work on bugs, broken/ill-conceptualised mechanics, special projects, graphical elements that fanbase cant fix/create for you.

and there you have a fleshed out romulan story of several seasons in 2 or 3 months.
you could even redo kdf stuff so its more unique than the copy&paste some missions are
Quote:
Originally Posted by redz4tw View Post
can you say attack pattern angry forumers 3?
Quote:
Originally Posted by baelogventure View Post
Considering Ryan broke 25k in a NX, I expect he could easily pull 10k in an Escape Pod with a Hand Phaser.
Captain
# 3
03-30-2013, 09:32 AM
The Roms aren't "joining" the Feds or KDF. They're choosing to ally with one side over the other. Through that alliances they gain access to some Faction Missions and gear.

Think of it more in terms of how the Feds and KDF were allied throughout most of the TNG era of series. They had their own culture, storylines, and issues but would work together when the situations demanded it.
STO is about my Liberated Borg Federation Captain with his Breen 1st Officer, Jem'Hadar Tactical Officer, Liberated Borg Engineering Officer, Android Ops Officer, Photonic Science Officer, Gorn Science Officer, and Reman Medical Officer jumping into their Jem'Hadar Carrier and flying off to do missions for the new Romulan Empire. But for some players allowing a T5 Connie to be used breaks the canon in the game.
Empire Veteran
# 4
03-30-2013, 09:35 AM
To: the cosmic1

Good! This is actually what I was hoping for...and forms the basis of my second post regarding what the KDF could bring to the table for Romulan players.
Captain
# 5
03-30-2013, 10:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ztempest View Post
How will Fed and KDF Romulans be visually different, or will they look exactly the same? That could get confusing...
How do you differentiate Fed JHAS from KDF JHAS? Or other lockbox ships both factions share?

In PeeVeePeeps, the fed ships will have blue names and the KDF ships will be orange. Same as it ever was. Same as it ever was.
Survivor of Romulus
# 6
03-30-2013, 11:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by snoggymack22 View Post
How do you differentiate Fed JHAS from KDF JHAS? Or other lockbox ships both factions share?

In PeeVeePeeps, the fed ships will have blue names and the KDF ships will be orange. Same as it ever was. Same as it ever was.
You forget that the RR ships will still be green. You're not joining that faction, you're just picking who your buddies in battle will be.
Captain
# 7
03-30-2013, 01:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by shpoks View Post
You forget that the RR ships will still be green. You're not joining that faction, you're just picking who your buddies in battle will be.
In the PvP maps you'll either have a blue name or an orange name. Just like in fed vs. fed PvP. Differentiation will be easy.
Survivor of Romulus
# 8
03-30-2013, 03:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by snoggymack22 View Post
In the PvP maps you'll either have a blue name or an orange name. Just like in fed vs. fed PvP. Differentiation will be easy.
True enough. That we aren't going to have a 3-way PvP is actually the only thing that bums me with this expansion. Everything else kinda' falls in place.
Captain
# 9
03-30-2013, 04:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thecosmic1 View Post
The Roms aren't "joining" the Feds or KDF. They're choosing to ally with one side over the other. Through that alliances they gain access to some Faction Missions and gear.
By "some" you mean all.

You cannot restrict the Shipyard and its pretty clear to me they are going to allow unrestricted access to all your chosen faction Zen Shop ships.

Quote:
Think of it more in terms of how the Feds and KDF were allied throughout most of the TNG era of series. They had their own culture, storylines, and issues but would work together when the situations demanded it.
The only times I remember seeing a Federation Officer commanding was Klingon ship was Riker in TNG during the exchange program and Worf in DS9.

Does the US Navy allows British Officers to command their Nimitz Class carriers? or does the British Navy allows Portuguese Officers to command their Vanguard submarines?

Even ONE ship would be too many, this is the identity of the Romulan Faction and the fact they are allowed to freely use anything means they dont have any.
Career Officer
# 10
03-30-2013, 04:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by f2pdrakron View Post
By "some" you mean all.

You cannot restrict the Shipyard and its pretty clear to me they are going to allow unrestricted access to all your chosen faction Zen Shop ships.

The only times I remember seeing a Federation Officer commanding was Klingon ship was Riker in TNG during the exchange program and Worf in DS9.

Does the US Navy allows British Officers to command their Nimitz Class carriers? or does the British Navy allows Portuguese Officers to command their Vanguard submarines?

Even ONE ship would be too many, this is the identity of the Romulan Faction and the fact they are allowed to freely use anything means they dont have any.
Romulans don't get access to faction-specific missions of their allies, unless you somehow count faction-agnostic dailies, queues and FE's.