Rihannsu
# 51
03-30-2013, 01:52 PM
Enh... traditionally, Gold perks do not expire when your subscrition does. So you could subscribe for one month and make an Alien then not continue the subscription.
HAIL HYDRA!

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
I can haz joystick!
MMOs aren't charities. Corporations are supposed to make a profit. It's what they do.
Captain
# 52
03-30-2013, 01:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by catoblepasbeta View Post
Not sure if this is sarcasm or not, but last time I checked, the *only* species for both fed and KDF that isn't either free or unlocked via the zen store is the Liberated Borg for both factions.
Not sarcasm... The Tellarites, Regelian and ferengi used to be Cryptic Store Items before... Now they are freely obtainable it seems.

Quote:
Originally Posted by markhawkman View Post
Enh... traditionally, Gold perks do not expire when your subscrition does. So you could subscribe for one month and make an Alien then not continue the subscription.
If champs is a indication, Freeform (alien gen), will be locked out if you do not run your sub as active gold... They won't be deleted, but you can't access them either.
My name may say "PWE member", but I will never be.
-NEVER Forget the Screwups and ignorance made towards the people who supported the game through 2011
Don't look silly, don't call it "Zen-Store" - Don't waste devs time, Post proper bug-reports - I don't like Gekos
Captain
# 53
03-30-2013, 01:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tenkari View Post
that argument would be valid.... if Cryptic had planned on releasing the romulan faction at start. for all we know once may comes around a lot of those perks in the LTS/Vet reward list could be redone to include the word "romulan" in several spots.
the argument is valid .You got what you paid for .When LTS cryptic said " you will get liberated bord for kdf and fed side" nothing about romulans.You can use that so cryptic give you for what you paid.

Is like going to buy a car in 2013 and if the same model in 2015 has better stuffs you go and demand the newer model thou you already used your offer.

Even if they add the romulan liberated borgs now they have no reason to give them to those who already bought LTS (they will do that simply because they dont loose anything if they do that )
Rihannsu
# 54
03-30-2013, 01:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by anazonda View Post
Not sarcasm... The Tellarites, Regelian and ferengi used to be Cryptic Store Items before... Now they are freely obtainable it seems.

If champs is a indication, Freeform (alien gen), will be locked out if you do not run your sub as active gold... They won't be deleted, but you can't access them either.
Yeah, but the champs analogy is probably flawed since we know that things such as account bank and extra chars still work in the current STO setup.
HAIL HYDRA!

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
I can haz joystick!
MMOs aren't charities. Corporations are supposed to make a profit. It's what they do.
Captain
# 55
03-30-2013, 02:00 PM
Quote:
Yeah, but the champs analogy is probably flawed since we know that things such as account bank and extra chars still work in the current STO setup.
I agree fully... But then again: Alien (freeform) is unlocked for both Fed and KDF right now...

All I am saying is that Cryptic might be... silently adjusting their model.
-NEVER Forget the Screwups and ignorance made towards the people who supported the game through 2011
Don't look silly, don't call it "Zen-Store" - Don't waste devs time, Post proper bug-reports - I don't like Gekos
Rihannsu
# 56
03-30-2013, 02:02 PM
Quote:
I agree fully... But then again: Alien (freeform) is unlocked for both Fed and KDF right now...

All I am saying is that Cryptic might be... silently adjusting their model.
I am curious though.... IS It the same kind of char as the Feds and KDF get? I am curious why Stahl referred to it as a "Hybrid".
HAIL HYDRA!

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
I can haz joystick!
Captain
# 57
03-30-2013, 02:08 PM
Quote:
I am curious though.... IS It the same kind of char as the Feds and KDF get? I am curious why Stahl referred to it as a "Hybrid".
Yea... I've been wondering a little about that myself... By definition, a hybrid is a crossbree, so you'd assume that there is a alien that forces some traits on you...

That again however dosent fit what I've seen on tribble, where you can loose all default traits and fully costumize them to your wishes.

It's really odd.
Captain
# 58
03-30-2013, 02:20 PM
Quote:
Yea... I've been wondering a little about that myself... By definition, a hybrid is a crossbree, so you'd assume that there is a alien that forces some traits on you...

That again however dosent fit what I've seen on tribble, where you can loose all default traits and fully costumize them to your wishes.

It's really odd.
yeah, I have seen the 'suliban'. Hybrid would seem to indicate soemthing along the liens of Saavik or Sela, but the screenshots indicate it may just be a revamp of the already existing 'alien' option for Feds and KDF. In either case, I do think it is a bit inexcusable, because for one, the alien option is currently free for Feds and KDF, and for another, we are already almost certainly going to have liberated borg for Romulans, so making a second inaccessable to FTP is a bad move, IMO.
Rihannsu
# 59
03-30-2013, 03:19 PM
Quote:

It's really odd.
It might be that "Hybrid" means that RR Aliens will always look part Romulan? I dunno, still speculating.
HAIL HYDRA!

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
I can haz joystick!
Ensign
# 60
03-31-2013, 01:58 AM
Maybe we can have Liberated Borg Aliens