Rihannsu
# 21
03-30-2013, 02:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by causalityeffect View Post
The Dominion should end up getting a spotlight and added to the game as a proper enemy since they have the biggest expansion potential you can get. The addition of the Dominion effectively allows the Gamma Quadrant and whole new zones to be added which incidentally includes established Hurq / Iconian backdrop as well.

Not to mention being able to bring in Jeffery Combs as a VA for Vorta - Blah blah, just clone him again. Star Trek has handwaved away far bigger fish than this.

As for making them a faction - Doubt it but your basically stuck with two character creation choices and none of them would be a founder.

It is far more likely to follow the route of the Romulans.
I love the idea of adding a few map quadrants for the Dominion.

But... there are several other races that are members of the Dominion. The Dosi are a good example.
HAIL HYDRA!

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
I can haz joystick!
MMOs aren't charities. Corporations are supposed to make a profit. It's what they do.
Survivor of Remus
# 22
03-30-2013, 04:32 PM
Could you imagine having the Dominion or the Cardassians forced to join either the Federation or the KDF?
Captain
# 23
03-30-2013, 04:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tachyonharmonic View Post
Could you imagine having the Dominion or the Cardassians forced to join either the Federation or the KDF?
No, but I can't imagine Romulans being forced to join either the Federation or KDF either, yet here we are.
Career Officer
# 24
03-30-2013, 04:43 PM
To be honest, as far as a 4th faction goes, they'd be stupid to put the Cardassian and Dominion together... again. We've already been there with DS9. Last I checked, the Cardassians aren't in any position to be their own faction (they'd have been better off aligning them with D'Tan to be perfectly honest).

I'm all for a Dominion faction; provided it is FULLY unique, and follows some Gamma Quadrant themed story. I don't want a mere 'lets invade the Alpha/Beta Quadrant' again. That would just be dull and unoriginal. I think the Dominion have enough races to make them a working faction; the Dosi (mentioned above), the more obvious choices of the Vorta & Jem Hadar. At a stretch you could also include the Son'a and Breen as C-Store additions.

But yeah, let's not talk too much about this until Cryptic have fixed the Romulan faction.

Quote:
Originally Posted by catoblepasbeta View Post
No, but I can't imagine Romulans being forced to join either the Federation or KDF either, yet here we are.
Hah, ain't this the truth.
Captain
# 25
03-30-2013, 04:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by markhawkman View Post
I love the idea of adding a few map quadrants for the Dominion.

But... there are several other races that are members of the Dominion. The Dosi are a good example.
Pretty sure the Dosi were established as allies of the Dominion, but not actual members of the Dominion?
Career Officer
# 26
03-30-2013, 04:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by snoggymack22 View Post
Pretty sure the Dosi were established as allies of the Dominion, but not actual members of the Dominion?
Aren't the Orion allies of the Klingon? I don't think they're fully fledged members of the Klingon Empire, are they?

The Dosi would be to the Dominion what the Orion are to the Klingon.
Captain
# 27
03-30-2013, 04:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by flash525 View Post
We've already been there with DS9.
But some of the devs really love DS9, or so I hear.

Quote:
I don't want a mere 'lets invade the Alpha/Beta Quadrant' again. That would just be dull and unoriginal.
Yeah. I mean what's next? A shapechanging species from the Delta Quadrant infiltrating and impersonating members of various powers in the alpha and beta quadrant to foment all out war?

Oh wait ...
Career Officer
# 28
03-30-2013, 04:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by snoggymack22 View Post
Yeah. I mean what's next? A shapechanging species from the Delta Quadrant infiltrating and impersonating members of various powers in the alpha and beta quadrant to foment all out war?

Oh wait ...

/10char.
Captain
# 29
03-30-2013, 04:52 PM
Quote:
Aren't the Orion allies of the Klingon? I don't think they're fully fledged members of the Klingon Empire, are they?
I thought they were. It was the Nausicaans who were just mercenaries for hire? I thought the KDF absorbed the Orion Syndicate? I don't know.
Republic Veteran
# 30
03-30-2013, 04:59 PM
Quote:

The Dosi would be to the Dominion what the Orion are to the Klingon.
There is a reason why the dominions founders use vorta as an overseer that controls the white that keeps the jem'hadar loyal. So in effect the dominion would only need to be vorta and jem'hadar. The dominion actually would make a very good pvp faction if ever added