Career Officer
# 1 If you knew that...
03-30-2013, 04:39 PM
With the Romulan Faction, and the way it is now, being allies with the federation and klingon empire was only temporary and that later in eather another game update or expansion, there would be an option to just go strickly Republic Romulan without the need for federation fleets or klingon fleet holdings to be used by Romulans. That you would have your own Romulan Starbase. Would you Feel much better with what we will be getting in may in terms of Romulan Faction?

Or are you happy with how the Romulan Faction is being developed currently and being tied to eather Federation or Klingon?

/discuss

For me if there is a major plan by the devs that the romulans are only allieing themselves with the federation and klingon empires strickly because they are rebuilding and will eventually be in my terms there own faction with there own starbases ect, I would be happy. For me I just cant get over the fact that I just dont really like the romulans being "to me" developed currently and being forced to choose sides between selecting the federation or klingon sides as allies. To me I see something totally wrong with this. If these are republic romulans, why are they choosing two different sides which would result in there species fighting each other for two other factions issues.
Like my Fan Page Here
xXLocutusXx
Rihannsu
# 2
03-30-2013, 04:43 PM
Yes, if the Dev's flat out came out and said that Romulans being forced to serve as auxiliaries in foreign fleets was temporary and that we would get the choice to form our own fleets and fleet progression I would be mollified. I would also like them to add 3 way pvp but they have planted their flag that this will be a two way pvp game.
Lt. Commander
# 3
03-30-2013, 04:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kadieras View Post
I would also like them to add 3 way pvp but they have planted their flag that this will be a two way pvp game.
Which is a shame because the best non-fps PvP ever is D.A.O.C's three-way RvR. Hands-down.
Career Officer
# 4
03-30-2013, 04:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by xlocutusofborgx View Post
With the Romulan Faction, and the way it is now, being allies with the federation and klingon empire was only temporary and that later in eather another game update or expansion, there would be an option to just go strickly Republic Romulan without the need for federation fleets or klingon fleet holdings to be used by Romulans. That you would have your own Romulan Starbase. Would you Feel much better with what we will be getting in may in terms of Romulan Faction?
I'd be overwhelmed with joy.

Quote:
Or are you happy with how the Romulan Faction is being developed currently and being tied to eather Federation or Klingon?
This, I hate. I said such before we ever got wind of a 'May Update'. I was never interested in a mini-faction (of sorts). I wanted full-faction expansions, that means everything from characters, bridge officers, weapons, ships and a unique fleet.

Cryptic's argument for doing it this way is a lie. They claim they don't want people joining Romulan fleets as it'll take away from the resources that are currently being put into the Fleet Projects. Did they forget about having to grind through all of the Reputation Projects? ~ That's going to take away from what we're putting into fleets too, and I don't see them making that any easier for us.

It's crap. It's an excuse cause they got lazy. It really is that simple.
Lt. Commander
# 5
03-30-2013, 04:49 PM
A independent Romulan faction is what a I wanted, it wont happen though.
Career Officer
# 6
Quote:
Well seems Stahl did hint that there could be pure Romulan option. But someone pointed this out in another thread, if months down the road they made the Romulan faction a true faction, then it would uproot many players since they have long committed their Romulan characters to the Federaton or the KDF. Which likely would be a massive disaster.

Quote:

One part of me is disappointed there was no pure Romulan Faction. But the other part of me is very happy with this alliance system, because the amount of work of the former was far too stressful. Like committing to a Third Fleet and doing fleet Mark grinding, or a doing a third faction for PvP accolades.

So in hindsight, I think Cryptic made the right decision. And alliance faction really does open up other factions that people wanted for a long time (Cardassian, Breen, Borg, etc).
Captain
# 7
I was a little disappointed that Romulans weren't really going to be their own faction, but i suppose the explanation is a good one for the time being. Maybe further along down the road they will correct this, or add a dominion Faction as a full faction, but for the time being i'm okay with this as it's new content that i don't have to pay for.
Career Officer
# 8
03-30-2013, 04:50 PM
Quote:
Yes, if the Dev's flat out came out and said that Romulans being forced to serve as auxiliaries in foreign fleets was temporary and that we would get the choice to form our own fleets and fleet progression I would be mollified. I would also like them to add 3 way pvp but they have planted their flag that this will be a two way pvp game.
Same here. I still dont get why it cant be done. They should really list reasons why this cant happen.

My whole thing is that, these romulan republic romulans are just getting over what happened to thier planet and are trying to rebuild in a sense, and even trying to get away from the Tal'shiar, why would they allie themselves with two different factions and letting their own people fight each other in a war they shouldnt be part of in the first place. Dont they have the nessary equipment to make a starbase.. is just dosnt compute on my end here at all. I understand the federation and klingons are helping the romulan rebuild.
Like my Fan Page Here
xXLocutusXx
Captain
# 9
03-30-2013, 04:53 PM
Quote:
And two-faction-only PvP has never been a big hit in any game. Compelling PvP requires at least three factions. Not that it matters in STO since there are no plans here for PvP other than epeen stroking.
Captain
# 10
03-30-2013, 04:53 PM
Quote:
Same here. I still dont get why it cant be done. They should really list reasons why this cant happen.
Ask the Klingons. They'll list some of the reasons why the devs couldn't do X, Y or Z for that faction.