Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > Builds, Powers, and Game Mechanics
Login

Republic Veteran
# 11
03-30-2013, 01:55 PM
How can you really compare ApA with MW? ApA is a damage buff where MW is a heal, they are two completely different things and they do their jobs...just because your upset that MW doesn't take you from 1% to 100% doesn't mean it is useless and doesn't do its job.
Captain
# 12
03-30-2013, 03:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lianthelia View Post
How can you really compare ApA with MW? ApA is a damage buff where MW is a heal, they are two completely different things and they do their jobs...just because your upset that MW doesn't take you from 1% to 100% doesn't mean it is useless and doesn't do its job.
its quite simple, you compare the frequency of use, the situations in which it can be used in a useful manner and the gains you get from using them.

such as the way apa will boost almost all damage dealing powers beyond boosting weapons and boost ship mobility.
mw does none of that. its just a hybrid of engie team & sci team, and doesnt even offer the protections they do.

that culminates in a much less useful power that i rarely miss on my tac toon, but find myself frequently missing apa when using my engie.
Quote:
Originally Posted by redz4tw View Post
can you say attack pattern angry forumers 3?
Commander
# 13
03-30-2013, 03:56 PM
The problem with Miracle Worker is that it has a high cooldown relative to its benefit. In addition, the circumstances under which players will usually activate it for (less than 50% hull, no shields) are also those which involve lack of active damage resistances, which means that activating it may well be for nought. Now it can be useful on some occasions, but the nature of the ability itself is such that it doesn't really help with your overall performance in-game. You can't combo it together with any other abilities; it's pretty much an emergency ability, but the cooldown is so long and the benefit is so variable that other abilities are just so much better, overall.