Career Officer
# 21
03-30-2013, 04:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by xlocutusofborgx View Post
Not to mention that they are adding in the tholian rep next and a new fleet holding.. so if they are so concerned on that front and it being the main reason for them not to allow romulans to make fleets.. then why add more sinks for us in the process.
ppl do forget that they going to have to start over on rep system any ways maco set any one romulan set any one? not to say you still start over even in a permade fed or kdf fleet as you don't have any FC
Quote:
Originally Posted by macronius View Post
This! Their ability to outdo their own failures is quite impressive. If only this power could be harnessed for good.
Career Officer
# 22
03-30-2013, 04:08 PM
Quote:
Not to mention that they are adding in the tholian rep next and a new fleet holding.. so if they are so concerned on that front and it being the main reason for them not to allow romulans to make fleets.. then why add more sinks for us in the process.
I completely forgot about the Tholian Rep System. But yeah, you make another perfectly good point.

It's just more Cryptic excuses. We know it, they know it, just, for some reason, they can't seem to admit it.
Captain
# 23
03-30-2013, 04:12 PM
I only wanted Romulans if I could make them explode in three-way PvP insanity. GUESS WHAT WE AREN'T GETTING!?!?
http://i1151.photobucket.com/albums/o633/centersolace/189cux9khvl6ojpg_zpsca7ccff0.jpg

So inhumane superweapons, mass murder, and canon nonsense is okay, but speedos are too much for some people.
Republic Veteran
# 24
03-30-2013, 04:13 PM
What if they do add a Cardassian faction one day, are they just gonna do this with them do? Why call them new factions, they would basically be faction expansions.

I like a lot of others was super excited till then mentioned the choice, I don't even know if I will play but a token Romulan unless they make the ships really interesting with the Quantum Singularity cores.
Career Officer
# 25
03-30-2013, 04:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by flash525 View Post
I completely forgot about the Tholian Rep System. But yeah, you make another perfectly good point.

It's just more Cryptic excuses. We know it, they know it, just, for some reason, they can't seem to admit it.
Admitting something takes alot of character.. ill end that there on that note.

I honestly think it should be the romulan fans choice on how the republic romulan faction goes.. in some reguard. If the majority of the romulan fanbase wants to be able to select the romulans as a single "entity" in terms of having their own starbases and what not, then do it. Making your customers happy in the end goes along way.. and also rewarding for yourself as they are more likely to appreciate what youve done for them and may spend more money on your product.

We all know starbases take alot of effort. Yes the KDF (also myself due to my fleet having a kdf side also) is alot of hard work, but we choose to starting a fleet on that side knowing how hard it will take, knowing it make take us longer then the fed side did. But again thats our choice as I honestly think cryptic needs to allow the romulan faction the same choice also. I do hope they add the ability for eather kdf/fed aligned romulan characters at some point in the future to go back "in a sense" as dan stahl stated that they are just allieing themselves for gear and what not, and are nuetral with the romulan faction, that they have the option to make their own starbases and continue on a more "Romulan" path.
Like my Fan Page Here
xXLocutusXx

Last edited by xlocutusofborgx; 03-30-2013 at 04:17 PM.
Career Officer
# 26
03-30-2013, 04:17 PM
Quote:
Admitting something takes alot of character.. ill end that there on that note.
Quoted for truth.

Quote:
I honestly think it should be the romulan fans choice on how the republic romulan faction goes.. in some reguard. If the majority of the romulan fanbase wants to be able to select the romulans as a single "entity" in terms of having their own starbases and what not, then do it. Making your customers happy in the end goes along way.. and also rewarding for yourself as they are more likely to appreciate what youve done for them and may spend more money on your product.

We all know starbases take alot of effort. Yes the KDF (also myself due to my fleet having a kdf side also) is hard work, but we choose to starting a fleet on that side knowing how hard it will take, knowing it make take longer then the fed side. But again thats our choice as I honestly think cryptic needs to allow the romulan faction the same choice also. I do hope they add the ability for eather kdf/fed aligned romulan characters at some point in the future to go back "in a sense" as dan stahl stated that they are just allieing themselves for gear and what not, and are nuetral with the romulan faction, that they have the option to make their own starbases and continue on a more "Romulan" path.
You'll get no argument from me with this. Given the choice between teaming up with the FED or KDF or solo-ing it myself as a Romulan, I'd choose solo every time.
Captain
# 27
03-30-2013, 04:27 PM
I would still be upset. Honestly, Romulans have no buisiness selling themselves out to the KDF adn FED the way it has been described so far, and it still should have been a RSE faction, not this D'Tan's Republic nonsense. It wouldn't have been *as* bad though. The fact that we get stuck with that choice, and that we have to make that chocie at level 10 or get locked out of pretty much all of the content (nto that we have as much unique content as the KDF/FED to begin with) is just ridiculous and insulting.
Survivor of Romulus
# 28
03-30-2013, 05:13 PM
From a story point of view, looking at it politically, here you have this new Romulan Republic with a race of people trying to basically re-build their power. Now, from the view of the KDF & Starfleet, you have an old enemy who they know could prove useful or perhaps they could heal old wounds by aiding them at their time of need. Essentially each of those factions has something to gain by aiding the Romulan Republic.

However, these are Romulans remember. So as far as trust goes, at this stage the Romulan "Republic" could turn out to be the new name for a future Empire. How many countries in the real world use the propaganda term "Republic" & are actually some of the most brutal dictator states known. I think the jury is still out on this "republic" not turning out to be another "empire".

With that said, the Romulans have alot to gain by working with either the Federation or Klingons. I believe that the story allows for the Romulan Republic to aid either faction, possibly with the idea that if the Federation is fighting the Klingons, then they won't be too focused on what the Romulan Republic is getting up to when it's in a weak state.

I think the Romulans are essentially buying for time - that's the focus of the story.

-In reality, the devs are probably buying for time, testing the water with this new faction. Hopefully they can flesh out the Romulan Republic in the coming months after release and one day they will stand on their own.

I, like most people, did want a 100% stand alone 3rd faction added. I was disappointed when I read the way it will be released, but I felt alot better about the whole thing looking at it from the point of view that the romulans are "playing" both the Feds & KDF while they rebuild. So it suits the Romulan agenda to play nice for awhile. Think of it as the sword of Damocles, biding its time...
Captain
# 29
03-30-2013, 05:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by snoggymack22 View Post
Ask the Klingons. They'll list some of the reasons why the devs couldn't do X, Y or Z for that faction.
For me, the funniest excuse involves not wanting players to feel like they have to start over (via a Romulan fleet), in a game where every season brings something like a reskin of a starbase in the form of an embassy, or yet another reskin of doffing via reputation systems, or yet another form of currency that we have to accumulate in order to get some shiny.

But no, in this case, the powers that be are feeling generous regarding yet another resource sink added to the resource sink that is endgame.

Last edited by kirksplat; 03-30-2013 at 05:22 PM.
Captain
# 30
03-30-2013, 05:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by xhatch View Post
From a story point of view, looking at it politically, here you have this new Romulan Republic with a race of people trying to basically re-build their power. Now, from the view of the KDF & Starfleet, you have an old enemy who they know could prove useful or perhaps they could heal old wounds by aiding them at their time of need. Essentially each of those factions has something to gain by aiding the Romulan Republic.

However, these are Romulans remember. So as far as trust goes, at this stage the Romulan "Republic" could turn out to be the new name for a future Empire. How many countries in the real world use the propaganda term "Republic" & are actually some of the most brutal dictator states known. I think the jury is still out on this "republic" not turning out to be another "empire".

With that said, the Romulans have alot to gain by working with either the Federation or Klingons. I believe that the story allows for the Romulan Republic to aid either faction, possibly with the idea that if the Federation is fighting the Klingons, then they won't be too focused on what the Romulan Republic is getting up to when it's in a weak state.

I think the Romulans are essentially buying for time - that's the focus of the story.

-In reality, the devs are probably buying for time, testing the water with this new faction. Hopefully they can flesh out the Romulan Republic in the coming months after release and one day they will stand on their own.

I, like most people, did want a 100% stand alone 3rd faction added. I was disappointed when I read the way it will be released, but I felt alot better about the whole thing looking at it from the point of view that the romulans are "playing" both the Feds & KDF while they rebuild. So it suits the Romulan agenda to play nice for awhile. Think of it as the sword of Damocles, biding its time...
A infiltration/coup of the Federation would be interesting, but keep in mind that the leader of the Romulan Republic is D'tan, who is anythign but underhanded if his dialogue with the Tal'Shiar agent on NEw Romulus are anything to go on. Also keep in mind that the Republic was founded by freedom fighters overthrowing the Romulan Star Empire (Sela, etc) and they are in direct conflict with the Tal'Shiar, I don't think there is much chance that they have much in the way of anything 'Romulan' left in them, it's all been bleached out.