Commander
# 31
03-30-2013, 03:27 PM
I think you guys need to consider yourselves lucky.

Considering what Cryptic are doing to the Romulans, they could have very easily decided a separate KDF wasnt worth the effort and made them ally with the Federation the same way Romulans can choose to.

Its not like your complaining would have made the slightest bit of difference had they decided to do so.
Survivor of Romulus
# 32
03-30-2013, 03:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by seekerkorhil View Post
I think you guys need to consider yourselves lucky.

Considering what Cryptic are doing to the Romulans, they could have very easily decided a separate KDF wasnt worth the effort and made them ally with the Federation the same way Romulans can choose to.

Its not like your complaining would have made the slightest bit of difference had they decided to do so.
Oh, God forbid the atrocious things Cryptic does to the Romulans, like bringing them into the game for ex.

The Romulan storyline that developed in STO after J.J. said "to hell with Romulans" is the reason why this is applicable for the Romulan faction. Because it goes with the story that Cryptic are trying to tell in STO.
Believe me, if there was the story background to do it, the same could equally happen to the Klingons.
Looking for a genuine Star Trek experience?
Join the Klingon Empire! It will be glorious!
Empire Veteran
# 33
03-30-2013, 03:55 PM
A small point on the issue of Fed and KDF ships for Romulan...A thought I had was that they might only gain access to lower tier ships, Captain and below.

Maybe gain access to Mirror ships, MAYBE.

But aside from that, just lower level stuff like say a TOS Connie, or Scourge Destroyer, etc.

Then after that, end-game ships would be faction specific. So no Romulans in a Fleet Galaxy, or a Vo'Quv, etc. But in turn, we wouldn't have a Fed captain in a D'deridex.

I could be wrong, since it's just speculation on my part.

Republic Veteran
# 34
03-30-2013, 05:09 PM
KDF has a monopoly on sexy green women, and giant lizards.... Those StarFleet green alien women don't look as good.
Captain
# 35
03-30-2013, 05:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldkhemaraa View Post
"the Sky Is Falling!

It called rain you, get an umbrella.. check back middle of may.. we'll see what happens then...

if KDF dont get.. THWEN the sky will be falling because the second KDF exodus will happen.

Khemaraa sends

It is falling. The OP is right although for the wrong reasons.

Romulan faction if the player aligns with KDF does not get access to KDF ships. They do get access to KDF GEAR. Aka the cstore ship consoles and mission reward weapons/consoles/doffs/etc.

So, the reality of it is, given the FACT that KDF has not and will not ever from now on receive a new unique ship (not copy/paste crap) due to it all going to fed and romulan faction there is no reason to start a KDF toon... and no reason to keep playing your KDF toon either other than just to farm dilithium.

Romulan ships will be up to date. No pre-F2P type ships with obsolete boff stations...they will have cstore equivalent ships.

What this will do is simply make people in KDF just make a romulan toon, grind the romulan reputation in it and have it join their old KDF fleet. Voila. Better ship+all KDF kit and whatever new stuff roms will get + a fact that devs will continue to pamper the romulan faction from that point onward.
http://media.tumblr.com/160cacdb395f8340dac90864182ebe16/tumblr_inline_mx9yxhItkb1qg9pkt.jpg
Survivor of Romulus
# 36
03-30-2013, 05:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by neoakiraii View Post
KDF has a monopoly on sexy green women, and giant lizards.... Those StarFleet green alien women don't look as good.
lol I like your new sig., especially the facial expression that Picard is making.
Looking for a genuine Star Trek experience?
Join the Klingon Empire! It will be glorious!
Empire Veteran
# 37
03-30-2013, 05:27 PM
So you're saying a boost to KDF population even if it's from Romulan players is a bad thing? I say we were in a better position than we were last month.

Yes a lot of Feddies will join the Fed side to be with their fleet, that's okay do you really want them on the KDF side? Those types are the ones that have made it hard for this game and our faction to get anything. They sit on their mountain and tell us be happy with what you got. I am happy with them staying there, that way I only run into them when I am on my Fed characters.

Now there is a lot of Feddies who want to play KDF stuff but for one reason or another don't want to roll a KDF character. UI is too red, it hurts my eyes, I don't want to play as a Gorn, Lethean etc, I don't like their ships or uniforms blah blah. But they want to play a Romulan and what better opportunity for them than to experience KDF content through their Romulan character.

I think we are in a good position, a lot better than we have in the past. Wait till June, no point getting on it May it will be lag fest galore.
Quote:
Originally Posted by macronius View Post
Cryptic is sloppy. Breaking News at 11. This is what happens when there is no outline or plan and you just make up **** as you go along.
Quote:
Originally Posted by shredder75 View Post
We can tell our great grandchildren, "In my day, our cloaks were so sensitive that even dialogue broke them and we couldn't change our clothes!"
Captain
# 38
03-30-2013, 05:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmdrskyfaller View Post
It is falling. The OP is right although for the wrong reasons.

Romulan faction if the player aligns with KDF does not get access to KDF ships. They do get access to KDF GEAR. Aka the cstore ship consoles and mission reward weapons/consoles/doffs/etc.

So, the reality of it is, given the FACT that KDF has not and will not ever from now on receive a new unique ship (not copy/paste crap) due to it all going to fed and romulan faction there is no reason to start a KDF toon... and no reason to keep playing your KDF toon either other than just to farm dilithium.

Romulan ships will be up to date. No pre-F2P type ships with obsolete boff stations...they will have cstore equivalent ships.

What this will do is simply make people in KDF just make a romulan toon, grind the romulan reputation in it and have it join their old KDF fleet. Voila. Better ship+all KDF kit and whatever new stuff roms will get + a fact that devs will continue to pamper the romulan faction from that point onward.
I am right about the ships:

Quote:

Q: (walshicus) How will lockbox ships and consoles work for Romulans?

Dstahl: Romulan Republic captains not only have access to their exclusive faction ships, but will also have access to the ships and consoles of their chosen ally. Lock Box ships will remain available to all faction captains. This includes the possibility that we might release a Romulan themed box that may have specific Romulan ships that are available to all factions.
Empire Veteran
# 39
03-30-2013, 06:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by born2bwild1 View Post
Quote:
Q: (walshicus) How will lockbox ships and consoles work for Romulans?

Dstahl: Romulan Republic captains not only have access to their exclusive faction ships, but will also have access to the ships and consoles of their chosen ally. Lock Box ships will remain available to all faction captains. This includes the possibility that we might release a Romulan themed box that may have specific Romulan ships that are available to all factions.
I am right about the ships:
Well that is just BS, that is like having a Locbox of KDF ships for the Fed or vise versa.

If this is what they want to do I say bring on a new company with a new Star Trek MMO based on the Typhoon Pact books or some other era of Trek that actually gives a damn about the Star Trek IP.
Quote:
Originally Posted by macronius View Post
Cryptic is sloppy. Breaking News at 11. This is what happens when there is no outline or plan and you just make up **** as you go along.
Quote:
Originally Posted by shredder75 View Post
We can tell our great grandchildren, "In my day, our cloaks were so sensitive that even dialogue broke them and we couldn't change our clothes!"
Republic Veteran
# 40
03-30-2013, 07:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by majesticmsfc View Post
Well that is just BS, that is like having a Locbox of KDF ships for the Fed or vise versa.

If this is what they want to do I say bring on a new company with a new Star Trek MMO based on the Typhoon Pact books or some other era of Trek that actually gives a damn about the Star Trek IP.
Typhoon pack HELLLL NOOO!!!!!!!!!!! I will not forgive them for blowing up DS9 killing Sela, and Killing off the Borg in the Destiny novels in the dumbest way possible.
Closed Thread