Captain
# 41
03-30-2013, 06:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by majesticmsfc View Post
Well that is just BS, that is like having a Locbox of KDF ships for the Fed or vise versa.
Imagine all the new Romulan players who are going to spend zen on the Galaxy-Retrofit!

BOO YAA!
Survivor of Romulus
# 42
03-30-2013, 06:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by snoggymack22 View Post
Imagine all the new Romulan players who are going to spend zen on the Galaxy-Retrofit!

BOO YAA!
Laugh all you want, it still might end-up faster than the D'Deridex!

----------------------------------------------
Show your support for the Revamped Galaxy Class Exploration Cruiser here!
Captain
# 43
03-30-2013, 06:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by shpoks View Post
Laugh all you want, it still might end-up faster than the D'Deridex!
In a straight up warp/transwarp race from ESD to Mol'rihan? Or do you mean in solar systems and stuff?
Captain
# 44
03-30-2013, 07:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by neoakiraii View Post
Typhoon pack HELLLL NOOO!!!!!!!!!!! I will not forgive them for blowing up DS9 killing Sela, and Killing off the Borg in the Destiny novels in the dumbest way possible.
dumber than how voyager did it?
as it turns out, an intrepid would lose a fight with a connie.
and thats canon.
! the power of plot compels you.
Empire Veteran
# 45
03-30-2013, 08:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by neoakiraii View Post
Typhoon pack HELLLL NOOO!!!!!!!!!!! I will not forgive them for blowing up DS9 killing Sela, and Killing off the Borg in the Destiny novels in the dumbest way possible.
The Borg are so overused that it isn't funny, it was good to see them finally go. The books are better without them. It was also good to see the old Cardassian monstrosity of a station go too and be replaced with a new more modern design. Too many fans hold DS9 in such high esteem when at least to me it was one of the worst series out there. I won't go into the fact that a lot of it was ripped from B5 and reworked for the series.

STO overuses the Borg as well, something I wish they would move away from and have some Undine, Iconian and Fek"lhri STF's.
Quote:
Originally Posted by macronius View Post
Cryptic is sloppy. Breaking News at 11. This is what happens when there is no outline or plan and you just make up **** as you go along.
Quote:
Originally Posted by shredder75 View Post
We can tell our great grandchildren, "In my day, our cloaks were so sensitive that even dialogue broke them and we couldn't change our clothes!"
Empire Veteran
# 46
03-30-2013, 08:24 PM
Depending on how the Romulan ships are laid out they might pick KDF ships they're built more for combat or looks. They might also be willing to drop some cash for the Z-store, I like KDF more than Starfleet because of the ships.
Career Officer
# 47
03-31-2013, 01:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by born2bwild1 View Post
I don't think players fully realize yet just how serious this scenerio is - they hoped for more Klingon blood into the playerbase - but the advatages of running a Rommie/KDF toon are stacked too high against a traditional KDF toon.

As some Klingon players leave they will be replaced with Rommies - the Klingon part of the KDF will get smaller and smaller as time goes on.
Has it been confirmed that Roms will get full access to their "friend's" ships and gear? Lockbox ships are a given, but actual fleet ships as well? And if so, is it confirmed that its only one way? I realize they need a carrot to get people to stay after they do the new mission content, but this seems particularly wrong.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sorceror01 View Post
....you are a bad starship captain and you should feel bad.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tachyonharmonic View Post
However, I think with regard to the Romulan Republic player characters/npcs, it all comes down to a finite point:

These are not the Romulans from the shows.
Survivor of Romulus
# 48
03-31-2013, 05:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by snoggymack22 View Post
In a straight up warp/transwarp race from ESD to Mol'rihan? Or do you mean in solar systems and stuff?
In solar systems on impulse velocities, ofcourse.
In a straight race both would just click 'tranwarp' and *poff* both are at Mol'rihan. We wouldn't know which ship is faster because it would depend on the speed of the Helm officers that need to execute that order.

----------------------------------------------
Show your support for the Revamped Galaxy Class Exploration Cruiser here!
Republic Veteran
# 49
03-31-2013, 08:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by majesticmsfc View Post
The Borg are so overused that it isn't funny, it was good to see them finally go. The books are better without them. It was also good to see the old Cardassian monstrosity of a station go too and be replaced with a new more modern design. Too many fans hold DS9 in such high esteem when at least to me it was one of the worst series out there. I won't go into the fact that a lot of it was ripped from B5 and reworked for the series.

STO overuses the Borg as well, something I wish they would move away from and have some Undine, Iconian and Fek"lhri STF's.
I agree the Borg were over used, and needed a final confrontation.... but the Deus ex machina was a crappy ending to the Borg....as well as a crappy explanation to how they got started.

That's opinion as well as mine about DS9, but blowing things up in Star Trek, then coming back is also overused..Characters come back from death, and ship coming back from death...it's such an overused plot....I want to see a Main ship blow up with more Dramatic flare, then just the producers want a new toy to play with next...or hey look a New delta Flyer, and Defiant and Enterprise...with an A...what's the point of blowing thigns up to just come back again.

Captain
# 50
03-31-2013, 09:28 AM
Until the expansion is actually up and running all of this doom speak is pointless, if there's one thing we should have learned by now is just because D'Stahl says something doesn't means that's how it's going to go.
The nerd-raging juggernaut is already barreling along at full steam from people who haven't even seen what the new content is going to be about so I wouldn't for a minute discount the possibility of disinformation being released to throw a wrench in all of predictions and second guessing going on.
Closed Thread