Lt. Commander
# 21
03-30-2013, 10:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by westx211 View Post
In what post of mine did I say I don't care about romulans? Huh tell me I'd like to know. You're still just saying I don't care simply because I don't think like you do which is still a bad argument.
If you quickly edit your post it wont show up as being edited, I have edited a lot of post that didn't have the edited tag mark. Not falling for it.
Captain
# 22
03-30-2013, 10:29 PM
You guys are reading too much into this, as usual.

The Romulan Republic is a faction. They get their own storyline missions, ships, etc. All they don't have are specific endgame content (which the others don't have either) and specific Romulan fleets (which may be coming in the future). You'll still have your own storyline, ships, social hubs, etc.

Romulus wasn't built in a day. Give it time. The Romulan Republic has plenty of time to evolve.
"It's not safe out here. It's wondrous, with treasures to satiate desires both subtle and gross. But it's not for the timid."
-- Q
Empire Veteran
# 23
03-30-2013, 10:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by goldenlion619 View Post
If you quickly edit your post it wont show up as being edited, I have edited a lot of post that didn't have the edited tag mark. Not falling for it.
Good lord now you're resorting to lying to try to win this argument? In one of you're previous quotes you took from I clearly stated that I Do care about romulans and I can't edit you're quote so you're obviously lying.
The Emperor

Yet for me, love is knowing your target, putting them in your targeting reticule, and together, achieving a singular purpose... against statistically long odds.
Empire Veteran
# 24
03-30-2013, 10:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by psycoticvulcan View Post

The Romulan Republic is a faction. They get their own storyline missions, ships, etc. All they don't have are specific endgame content (which the others don't have either) and specific Romulan fleets (which may be coming in the future). You'll still have your own storyline, ships, social hubs, etc.

Romulus wasn't built in a day. Give it time. The Romulan Republic has plenty of time to evolve.
Once more another person who is able to see the truth and not assume something weird. I applaud you. And no I'm not being sarcastic I believe the same thing.
The Emperor

Yet for me, love is knowing your target, putting them in your targeting reticule, and together, achieving a singular purpose... against statistically long odds.
Career Officer
# 25
03-30-2013, 10:37 PM
hey I could as easily say hey us romulan can read between the lines and don't fall for the ooooooooooooooo new shiny......!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
swimwear off risa not fixed
system Lord Baal is dead
Quote:
Originally Posted by macronius View Post
This! Their ability to outdo their own failures is quite impressive. If only this power could be harnessed for good.
Empire Veteran
# 26
03-30-2013, 10:40 PM
And I could just as easily say that since you have no proof I have no reason to believe that.
The Emperor

Captain
# 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by linyive View Post
According to what I have read, the Romulans 'will' have their own faction. Once you get to a certain point in progression, you will have the option to choose your allies. Even though you may align yourself one way over another, you will still belong to the core Romulan faction.

Other words, your character will belong to the Romulan faction, but it will have access to allies associated with the Feds or KDF.
If I am able to fight my enemies (plural) beside my brothers, that would be my faction. If I have to fight my brothers beside my enemies, its their faction. We get the latter. Furthermore, we get it with some creepy group-hugging guy who is betraying all of the core principles of the Romulan empire--inviting our enemies (plural) into our society, giving them our weapons, and for nothing. That is not a Romulan faction, it's a vulcan wannabe faction.

This has all been explained a thousand times, and yet you people are like "what's the proble.. oh shiney!"
Lt. Commander
# 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by psycoticvulcan View Post

Its not faction if you have no fleets to join, the Romulan players base split up in older Fed and KDF fleets. Cool we get our missions then after that is done we go off a seperate ways. This is a ADD ON not a faction , its great for people who want to roll a Romulan and not have to leave their fleets.
Career Officer
# 29
03-30-2013, 10:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by westx211 View Post
And I could just as easily say that since you have no proof I have no reason to believe that.
giving the history of the dev here and game eh meh duh

not sum year 3 noob I been here for the lies misled here
swimwear off risa not fixed
system Lord Baal is dead
Quote:
Originally Posted by macronius View Post
This! Their ability to outdo their own failures is quite impressive. If only this power could be harnessed for good.

Last edited by daan2006; 03-30-2013 at 10:44 PM.
Captain
# 30
03-30-2013, 10:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ursusmorologus View Post
If I have to fight my brothers beside my enemies, its their faction.
Except you don't have to fight other Romulans. Just don't PUG and make separate Romulan-only and non-Romulan teams.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ursusmorologus View Post
Furthermore, we get it with some creepy group-hugging guy who is betraying all of the core principles of the Romulan empire--inviting our enemies (plural) into our society, giving them our weapons, and for nothing. That is not a Romulan faction, it's a vulcan wannabe faction.
So you want to play as Tal Shiar? Sorry, but as long as they're pandering to the Iconians (much worse than allying with the Feds/KDF, in my opinion) it's not going to happen.

And I'm pretty sure your ally doesn't get Romulan stuff. You just get their stuff, which is actually pretty representative of "classic" Romulan behavior we saw in the series.

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldenlion619 View Post
Its not faction if you have no fleets to join
You do have Fleets. You can even forbid non-RR toons from joining or participating. The only difference is the RR doesn't have exclusive starbase art (yet).
"It's not safe out here. It's wondrous, with treasures to satiate desires both subtle and gross. But it's not for the timid."
-- Q