Captain
# 31
03-30-2013, 10:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by psycoticvulcan View Post
Except you don't have to fight other Romulans. Just don't PUG and make separate Romulan-only and non-Romulan teams.
So your solution to problems with the game is ... dont play the game?

Quote:
So you want to play as Tal Shiar? Sorry, but as long as they're pandering to the Iconians (much worse than allying with the Feds/KDF, in my opinion) it's not going to happen.
No I dont want to ally with any of the Empire's enemies, including Iconians, Klingons, or the Federation.

Quote:
And I'm pretty sure your ally doesn't get Romulan stuff.
You just skipped right over the whole New Romulus reputation system. Blanked it right out didnt you.
Lt. Commander
# 32
03-30-2013, 10:04 PM
"You do have Fleets. You can even forbid non-RR toons from joining or participating. The only difference is the RR doesn't have exclusive starbase art (yet)."

True but a its federation or Kdf fleet. Its not a Romulan fleet. When you chose a faction when you level it marks you for that faction. If the Romulan fleets are independent then the queues for PVE and PVP would't work. You could make a Romulan themed fleet but you would still have to start a new fed or kdf starbase instead of a Romulan one. Who wants too start that if there even a glimmer of hope for Romulan starbases in the future. Better yet will Romulan players that join exsiting fleets with built up starbases want to leave them after leveling their characters up in those fleets , I dont think so. It will always a splinter faction..oh well.
Lt. Commander
# 33
03-30-2013, 10:39 PM
There are to many people complaining about this they should just wait and see what
the story line that CRYPTIC has come up with played out before jumping the gun on this.
I for one am very happy to finely get a WARBIRD and to play a real ROMULAN.
and I think some where down the road the Romulans will be on their own.

Join date July 08
Career Officer
# 34
03-31-2013, 02:36 AM
romulans survive hobus super nova but cryptic make genocide,last strike

R.I.P ; Romulan Star Empire
Captain
# 35
03-31-2013, 04:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ursusmorologus View Post
So your solution to problems with the game is ... dont play the game?
Um, no. What I said was, if fighting other Romulans really bothers you then don't PuG. You can still PvP, just use premade teams. That's what most people do, anyway.

Quote:
No I dont want to ally with any of the Empire's enemies, including Iconians, Klingons, or the Federation.
Well, that's what the Tal Shiar are doing. So it's either ally with the Iconians, or with the Feds/Klingon Empire.

Quote:
You just skipped right over the whole New Romulus reputation system. Blanked it right out didnt you.
I said Romulan faction stuff. The New Romulus stuff is a whole different system not related to the Romulan Republic faction.
"It's not safe out here. It's wondrous, with treasures to satiate desires both subtle and gross. But it's not for the timid."
-- Q
Captain
# 36
03-31-2013, 10:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by abaddon653 View Post
First I would like to ask the Mods that they leave this alone and not clump it as it is my own little tribute to the Romulans and not a discussion on them, thanks guys.

We are Romulan no longer
Our home has been destroyed
Our fleets have been ravaged
Our families destroyed or scattered
We are Romulan no longer

The Raptors wings are clipped
Her powerful claws are shattered
No longer shall we march
Our destinies are not ours
We are Romulan no longer

Now our enemies control us
We will follow their commands
We fly on their orders
We kill at their behest
We are Romulan no longer

Weep brothers and sisters weep
We are Romulan no longer
Lol, wut? Being Romulan is about surviving, being wary of both enemies and "allies" and not being Vulcan. I'll be siding with the KDF. Targets will be Feds as usual, along with any broken Romulans...

I'm still Romulus_Prime. Joined STO in January 2010.
Commander
# 37
04-01-2013, 04:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dhiemm View Post
There are to many people complaining about this they should just wait and see what
the story line that CRYPTIC has come up with played out before jumping the gun on this.
I for one am very happy to finely get a WARBIRD and to play a real ROMULAN.
and I think some where down the road the Romulans will be on their own.
^ What he said.

Legacy of Romulus - Closed Beta - Round 1 Playtester
Republic Veteran
# 38
04-01-2013, 05:16 AM
I don't know who is the most dramatic faction.....at least Klingons make sense in their augments and they back it up with proof.

The Following signature is not endorsed by the Dukat administration, and Down with Bajor Party