Career Officer
# 11
03-29-2013, 04:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldkirkfan View Post
Hench the rack to leave it at the door...
You know... I saw that rack to hold sanity.. but I emptied my pockets and couldn't find it
Career Officer
# 12
03-29-2013, 08:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rifter1969 View Post
You know... I saw that rack to hold sanity.. but I emptied my pockets and couldn't find it
Rif... You lost that YEARS ago.
Plaque by Voporak
I love nice long walks in the country.
Especially if they're taken by people who annoy me!
Ensign
# 13
03-30-2013, 10:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lurka72 View Post
Hi people,
I've joined STO a few weeks ago, and it's time to greet you!

I would have joined earlier, but I have little experience with MMO. The only other game I played several years ago wasn't free-to-play and sometimes was even frustrating, so I'm a bit wary of online games, but STO looks ok so far. Shooting photon torpedoes is big fun.

Some policies like asking Zen for more inventory slots may feel questionable, but I concede the right of Cryptic to try and squeeze some money out of the players.

I still have a long way up the ranks and a lot of questions, but there is no hurry. I'm going to read a few guides and sticky threads, before pestering you with noob issues.

Play long and prosper,
Lurka

I would like to say Welcome... but me and my entire ship got trapped in some space time annomalies... for us it was minutes but it appears that in reality it was about 2 years and a lot of things changed since then... will I find back my true self again once we are fully out of this time distorion?

What I'm saying is that I pre-ordered this game and got a lifetime sub and I have not been playing for about 2 years now. The game had it's flaws at release but also had it's very good times...

Right now, I am actually waiting for th Huge Update I need to play again... and also.. I hope that I will not have lost my Characters once log with the new owners of the game.

but the community was just great when this game launched and I hope it remained the same. If so, you will have a great time in STO with a lot of helping peoples...

now, me, I'm watching that Update progress bar and will log in and hopfully will see my list of my captains.

if so... YES! great... if not... oups... hope the new owner have good SQL backups... lol

other than that, STO was just a pack of great fun when it launched and I do not know yet of all the changes that were made... but what ever the changes made to the game... there is one thing I am shure of... The Spirit of the players should be 90% of probability to be the same. if so, then I will be great to come back.

so hang out there, ask questions... ask for help and you will find out that this community has a 'special edge'.

even if I was gone for a long time, I will still tell you, Welcome and just have a great time exploring the unknown with us all.
Ensign
# 14
03-30-2013, 11:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by vabtek View Post
I would like to say Welcome... but me and my entire ship got trapped in some space time annomalies... for us it was minutes but it appears that in reality it was about 2 years and a lot of things changed since then... will I find back my true self again once we are fully out of this time distorion?

What I'm saying is that I pre-ordered this game and got a lifetime sub and I have not been playing for about 2 years now. The game had it's flaws at release but also had it's very good times...

Right now, I am actually waiting for th Huge Update I need to play again... and also.. I hope that I will not have lost my Characters once log with the new owners of the game.

but the community was just great when this game launched and I hope it remained the same. If so, you will have a great time in STO with a lot of helping peoples...

now, me, I'm watching that Update progress bar and will log in and hopfully will see my list of my captains.

if so... YES! great... if not... oups... hope the new owner have good SQL backups... lol

other than that, STO was just a pack of great fun when it launched and I do not know yet of all the changes that were made... but what ever the changes made to the game... there is one thing I am shure of... The Spirit of the players should be 90% of probability to be the same. if so, then I will be great to come back.

so hang out there, ask questions... ask for help and you will find out that this community has a 'special edge'.

even if I was gone for a long time, I will still tell you, Welcome and just have a great time exploring the unknown with us all.

Oh well what a Nightmare!!!!

when I finally could log in... then a download kicked in of course to update my game... 45 minutes later... all jumping around to renew with my RA5 Captain again... after over a year...

POUFFFF!!!! ALL Gone... ALL my characters from a Lifetime Account from a Pre-Order years ago... GONE... ZERO... NADA... Start as a new player with us (Perfect World)... I'm sorry? what?... my Main as old as this game been running is just Gone? Regardless of beeing a Lifetime?

no no no no no.... seriously...

OP the crwod may be greate... or may have been.... but with a business transfer of ownership as poorly handle... can we say 'amateurish' to be gentle?

Yes I am Frustrated and No it is not cool to log in and see that all your characters are just GONE.... especially went they were borned on pre-launch!!!!

Bad Business you say?