Empire Veteran
# 51
03-30-2013, 06:02 PM
Earlier in this thread people talked about a Dominon and Cardassian faction. Both are a waste. The True Way is the future, I want a True Way faction that way there are multiple species, both Jem'Hadar and Cardassian plus others could be added former allies of the Cardassians.

Storyline could be the Empire finally puts down the True Way thread and conquers Cardassia. The True Way survivors turn from traitors and terrorists to savors and freedom fighters fighting the Klingon Oppression.

OR

The Federation convinces Cardassia to join the Federation, with the loss of their identity many Cardassians start to flood to the True Way, boosting their numbers. The True Way with many smaller allies set themselves up as their own state, ally with the Klingons and wage war on the Federation in the hopes of liberating their homeworld.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scififan78 View Post
It is that fool of a chancellor on Qo'nos that sends it's warriors to do a diplomat's job! I just do not understand him. He invades my home world, alienates a staunch ally, and then turns around and plays niceties with the Romulan dissidents. I, General Slaas, know the real value on New Romulus. Let the Federation have the Romulans. We do not need their treachery in our ranks. Our goal is the Remans. They are true warriors. They excelled in the Dominion War where the Romulans failed. They built a warship is secrecy that single-handedly defeated the Romulan Navy* and claimed control of the Empire. They are the true prize of our mission there.

J'mpok's recent decisions is the reason that we Gorn will once again rise up and reclaim our ancestral territories from both the Federation and Klingon Empire!!

*I know the Remans had the backing of the Romulan Fleet but, I am playing in character.
Well said my friend!
Quote:
Originally Posted by macronius View Post
Cryptic is sloppy. Breaking News at 11. This is what happens when there is no outline or plan and you just make up **** as you go along.
Quote:
Originally Posted by shredder75 View Post
We can tell our great grandchildren, "In my day, our cloaks were so sensitive that even dialogue broke them and we couldn't change our clothes!"
Empire Veteran
# 52
03-31-2013, 04:21 AM
Its more likely that Cardassia would join the Federation than the Empire enslaving them. The True Way seem to be smart enough to know to not poke the dragon in the eye so to speak and appear to leave the KDF well enough alone.
toDuj 'oS rol.
Empire Veteran
# 53
03-31-2013, 04:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by zipagat View Post
Its more likely that Cardassia would join the Federation than the Empire enslaving them. The True Way seem to be smart enough to know to not poke the dragon in the eye so to speak and appear to leave the KDF well enough alone.
I would happen to agree with you. Skirmish is the only mission and it's a cut and paste Fed mission to begin with. I so hope the FE's get axed from the KDF line up and their rewards given to other new KDF missions. I always try and skip the FE missions on the KDF side, a load of rubbish for us warriors of the Empire.
Quote:
Cryptic is sloppy. Breaking News at 11. This is what happens when there is no outline or plan and you just make up **** as you go along.
Quote:
We can tell our great grandchildren, "In my day, our cloaks were so sensitive that even dialogue broke them and we couldn't change our clothes!"
Survivor of Romulus
# 54
04-11-2013, 08:15 AM
Quote:
Aye, I can already see the Cardassian faction implemented in the same way as the Romulan one with one notable difference - they'll be allies of the Federation as far as the story in STO goes.
Or it could become a mini faction-subfaction of the Fed. Or just playable Cardassians for Feds., since they are already kinda' allied and working together.

Although I'd personally want to have the Cardassians as a faction, not playable species even if it means the faction to be released in a similar manner of the Romulan Republic.
As long as Natima Lang is in charge and I get my orders from Garak - I'm fine with it.
Looking for a genuine Star Trek experience?
Join the Klingon Empire! It will be glorious!
Survivor of Romulus
# 55
04-23-2013, 12:59 PM
Ok, so I have a question for the other KDF players. I'm looking into getting a new fleet ship. As I stated my case in this thread, with the comming of LoR, her main goal would be fighting the Romulans, well the ones allied to the Federation at least. And I kind of expect the Rommies to be a bit more menacing in places like Ker'rat for ex., while the majority of the casual Feds. will probably be more interested in the Borg and farming. Take into consideration that I'd want to use this ship for PvE as well.

So, at the moment I'm torn between the Ning'tao (Fleet Norgh) and the Tor'kaht.
I'm mostly a cruiser captain and although I haven't used the Tor'kaht so far, I know an excellent cruiser when I see one. I'm curious to how would it preform in a situation when every Romulan vessel can battlecloak and use the hit & run tactics while I'd have to wait to disengage red alert? Any insights from anyone or even someone playing at Tribble atm?
However, I'd assume that the Ning'tao would have some advantages with the battlecloak when it comes to PvP, especially with Romulans using their own BC. Also, it carries the last remains of KDF uniqueness - all uni. Boff stations with the bonus Lt.Comm that this BoP has, and better turn rate than any opposing ship, and that is kinda' appealing. How do some of you think that it'd preform in PvE though? Would it be sufficient? I haven't really used BoPs in PvE, so I'm not experienced in that field.

At the end, after all stated here, what would you recomend of these two for the purpose I presented, the Ning'tao or the Tor'kaht? Any advince and insights will be much appreciated!

P.S. Essentialy, I could get the two ships, but I kinda' like using and settling down in one particular ship and get attached to it, I'm silly that way.
Lt. Commander
# 56
04-23-2013, 01:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by shpoks View Post
Ok, so I have a question for the other KDF players. I'm looking into getting a new fleet ship. As I stated my case in this thread, with the comming of LoR, her main goal would be fighting the Romulans, well the ones allied to the Federation at least. And I kind of expect the Rommies to be a bit more menacing in places like Ker'rat for ex., while the majority of the casual Feds. will probably be more interested in the Borg and farming. Take into consideration that I'd want to use this ship for PvE as well.

I'm mostly a cruiser captain and although I haven't used the Tor'kaht so far, I know an excellent cruiser when I see one. I'm curious to how would it preform in a situation when every Romulan vessel can battlecloak and use the hit & run tactics while I'd have to wait to disengage red alert? Any insights from anyone or even someone playing at Tribble atm?
However, I'd assume that the Ning'tao would have some advantages with the battlecloak when it comes to PvP, especially with Romulans using their own BC.
I guess a sensor & stealth focused B'rel torpedo build will one-hit wanna be Romulans while stealth. Could be funny. However, quite bad in PvE.
Empire Veteran
# 57
04-23-2013, 06:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by shpoks View Post

However, I'd assume that the Ning'tao would have some advantages with the battlecloak when it comes to PvP, especially with Romulans using their own BC. Also, it carries the last remains of KDF uniqueness - all uni. Boff stations with the bonus Lt.Comm that this BoP has, and better turn rate than any opposing ship, and that is kinda' appealing. How do some of you think that it'd preform in PvE though? Would it be sufficient? I haven't really used BoPs in PvE, so I'm not experienced in that field.

At the end, after all stated here, what would you recomend of these two for the purpose I presented, the Ning'tao or the Tor'kaht? Any advince and insights will be much appreciated!

P.S. Essentialy, I could get the two ships, but I kinda' like using and settling down in one particular ship and get attached to it, I'm silly that way.
A non-torpedo boat BOP works fairly well in most PvE. I have used them before without much issue. You generally able to kill them faster than they can kill you. The only exception might be the STF's I have never taken a BOP into them, but the Battlecloak, provided you don't get hit with a Borg plasma when cloaking might work alright. Might be best to try it out on another established character first with one of the free BOP's (provided you haven't claimed a General ship token yet).
Quote:
Quote:
Survivor of Romulus
# 58
05-01-2013, 04:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by xiphenon View Post
I guess a sensor & stealth focused B'rel torpedo build will one-hit wanna be Romulans while stealth. Could be funny. However, quite bad in PvE.
Yeah, I already have a B'rel and it's much fun in PvP, but that's on another char. It's not that viable in PvE and for this char I was talking about I was looking for a ship that can work for both, cause I'd like to participate in all aspects without having to respec 1000 times.

Quote:
Originally Posted by majesticmsfc View Post
A non-torpedo boat BOP works fairly well in most PvE. I have used them before without much issue. You generally able to kill them faster than they can kill you. The only exception might be the STF's I have never taken a BOP into them, but the Battlecloak, provided you don't get hit with a Borg plasma when cloaking might work alright. Might be best to try it out on another established character first with one of the free BOP's (provided you haven't claimed a General ship token yet).
I like cruisers, therefore so far I haven't really tried STFs with BoP, I went through them with humongous battleships like the Bortasqu' and Negh'var and also found out that the Mirror Qin is quite amazing in PvE and her performance is actually quite nice in PvP as well.
Anyway, I'll take your idea. I have a Hegh'ta on the char. I'm talikg about and I'll take her for a spin to see how it goes. After all, if it goes well, the Ning'tao can only be an improvement to that.
Empire Veteran
# 59
05-01-2013, 11:58 AM
The Hegh'ta is still a mighty ship, I still fly one and I can still compete with the newer fleet ships PvE and PvP wise. BoPs are the most versatile ship in game in the hands of a experienced captain
toDuj 'oS rol.
Lieutenant
# 60
05-04-2013, 04:11 PM
Quote:
The Hegh'ta is still a mighty ship, I still fly one and I can still compete with the newer fleet ships PvE and PvP wise. BoPs are the most versatile ship in game in the hands of a experienced captain
heavy BoP. favorite ship in the game =)