Rihannsu
# 231
03-31-2013, 04:01 AM
Skill: Miracle Worker:

Repairs Subsystems, like Eng Team. However Eng Team, clears the VM effect, including aftershock disables caused by Doffs. MW doesn't. WAD?
Joined 06.10
PvP 2010-2011
PvP 2012-2013
Career Officer
# 232
03-31-2013, 04:16 AM
ET does not reliably clear the VM effect. Everytime I do Acamar and the warbird VMs me, I use ET, it fixes the currently disabled system and then VM goes on to disable other systems.
http://hilbertguide.com
Captain
# 233
03-31-2013, 05:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by havam View Post
Skill: Miracle Worker:

Repairs Subsystems, like Eng Team. However Eng Team, clears the VM effect, including aftershock disables caused by Doffs. MW doesn't. WAD?
Quote:
Originally Posted by mancom View Post
ET does not reliably clear the VM effect. Everytime I do Acamar and the warbird VMs me, I use ET, it fixes the currently disabled system and then VM goes on to disable other systems.
One of those things where they either need to fix the tooltip so it reads that there is a chance to repair and that in certain situations it simply will not repair subsystems or...they should repair subsystems, including ET providing that short repair over time (which may need to be increased in duration).

"Wheeeee, this is kind of fun. Oopsie...my bad."
Fleet Admiral Geist, Klingon Science Officer
Endless, Hazari Destroyer
Captain
# 234
03-31-2013, 06:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mancom View Post
To keep ET from disabling cloak among other things Bort made an adjustment that a 3 second wait was needed before using it to have a full clear. Idk, if this has made it onto holodeck. I've had issues w/this in PvP as well so I'm assuming it hasn't.
Captain
# 235
03-31-2013, 07:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by p2wsucks View Post
To keep ET from disabling cloak among other things Bort made an adjustment that a 3 second wait was needed before using it to have a full clear. Idk, if this has made it onto holodeck. I've had issues w/this in PvP as well so I'm assuming it hasn't.
I'd forgotten about the ET repair disabling cloak.

The Feb 21st notes had the following:

"Engineering Team no longer cancels beneficial effects/modes such as Enhanced Battle Cloak and Guramba Siege Mode."

This was Feb 14th:

"Engineering Team will now completely cleanse all effects caused by Viral Matrix."

Going back to Nov 21st:

"The Viral Matrix debuff can now be cleared by Engineering Team. Previously, this only cured the individual systems that were knocked offline."

"Wheeeee, this is kind of fun. Oopsie...my bad."
Fleet Admiral Geist, Klingon Science Officer
Endless, Hazari Destroyer
Cryptic Studios Team
# 236
03-31-2013, 08:22 AM
ET is unreliable against VM, that much is true. This is due to how VM is currently built, and is on my list of goals to tackle when there's time. The power's functionality is planned to remain as close to unchanged as possible, but the way in which it is built has to change radically in order for cleanses to work correctly and reliably.

For the time being, if you wait for the first subsystem to be put offline+1sec, ET should reliably cleanse and prevent any further VM interactions on your ship, from that application of the debuff.
-=-=-=-=-=-
Jeremy Randall
Cryptic - Systems Design
"Play smart!"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Me
Kurland here...
Rihannsu
# 237
03-31-2013, 09:17 AM
Would it be possible to use the same implementation for MW and Eng Team? I think they should be consistent with each other in how they cleanse or buff effects work. Otherwise, a tool tip to better explain the difference in the cleanse for both powers would be great.

Thanks Bort.
Joined 06.10
PvP 2010-2011
PvP 2012-2013
Lt. Commander
# 238
03-31-2013, 09:45 AM
Havam, IIRC the distinction is already there. Engineering team explicitly says that it clears engineering debuffs over duration as well as repairing disabled subsystems; MW only says that it repairs disabled subsystems. i.e. MW will repair any disabled subsystems, but won't cleanse effects that ET would remove (grav pulse, chron effects, some other things I probably forgot).
Rihannsu
# 239
03-31-2013, 10:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by renimalt View Post
Havam, IIRC the distinction is already there. Engineering team explicitly says that it clears engineering debuffs over duration as well as repairing disabled subsystems; MW only says that it repairs disabled subsystems. i.e. MW will repair any disabled subsystems, but won't cleanse effects that ET would remove (grav pulse, chron effects, some other things I probably forgot).
Yes, its a left over from the multiple itteration that the eng team cleans has gone through, while MW stayed in its pre-season 4(?) state. The MW cleanse just hasn't kept up. They used to be indentical in this respect, and i don't see why MW and Eng Team should clear subsystems differently. WIth the doffs this has become a minor but noticeable concern.

Thats why i asked WAD? Wouldn't it make sense to bring both skills back in line again?
Joined 06.10
PvP 2010-2011
PvP 2012-2013
Empire Veteran
# 240
03-31-2013, 10:31 AM
ET has worked fine for me lately, except it does not prevent the doff effect. if i use ET, there should be no doff after effect
gateway links-->Norvo Tigan, Telis Latto Ruwon, Sochie Heim, Solana Soleus