Career Officer
# 371
03-31-2013, 07:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by casiopia254 View Post
Dont be naive..you know exactly what this person is talking about. This game is full of ******* and morons, and most of them sit on ESD and find someone in chat saying something they do not agree with and then those people along with their moron friends will right click on the victims name and choose "report spam" this will place a 24 hour ALL chat ban on that player, and there is nothing they can do about it.

It is pathetic. I wish I could meet some of these folks in person.
I honestly don't chat. For the very reasons you specify. Chatting in STFs is about all I do or with friends. I don't get involved with the idiocy in normal chat because of Cryptic's impotence or lack of caring in dealing with the trolls targeting players.
"There's a reason you separate military and the police. One fights the enemies of the state, the other serves and protects the people. When the military becomes both, then the enemies of the state tend to become the people."-Commander William Adama

Last edited by pegasuscic; 03-31-2013 at 07:23 PM.
Commander
# 372
03-31-2013, 07:19 PM
The player run chat-ban mafia is working as designed as far as Cryptic goes.

At least here in STO you might have GMs which might reverse the 24 hour auto-chat-ban if you send a petition. CO sure doesn't have such a thing.
"Let's make our DOff UI bigger, clumsier to use, impossible to sort, AND have it show less information in a useable method than we did before!" - Cryptic with STO's 9.5 'crafting upgrade'.

What were you thinking, Cryptic? Seriously. I want to know.
Lt. Commander
# 373
03-31-2013, 08:39 PM
There is NO reason for this system to be in place with the other options available.
That's what ignore is for.
We do not need players policing other players.

CRYPTIC: END THIS NOW!!
Career Officer
# 374
03-31-2013, 11:19 PM
I'm over it; something needs to be done about the auto-silencing system.

Any of you people willing to step up and test what the thresholds are to the system are, please PM me in game or here. let me know. I will share the results with everyone.

Enough is enough.
Commander
# 375
04-01-2013, 07:16 AM
... and again.
Captain
# 376
04-01-2013, 05:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hereticknight085 View Post
Hence why they have such unstable servers now. LOVE companies like this one... -.-
PWE -- Proffit wins everything.. they need to give rights back to a REAL company, atari, cryptic, somebody?? PWE has had too much success, maybe its boycot and spam time, they obviously want money, but dont like it enough to provide any quality of service or use logic or reason in maintaining this cash cow.. They do not deserve to have any part of any star trek game, story or flame post...
Lieutenant
# 377
04-01-2013, 05:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by somebob View Post
The player run chat-ban mafia is working as designed as far as Cryptic goes.

At least here in STO you might have GMs which might reverse the 24 hour auto-chat-ban if you send a petition. CO sure doesn't have such a thing.
I can assure you the GM's will NOT do anything about it .. mostly due to the fact that it's a automated ban and they simply can't or simply won't remove it no matter how much proof of innocence is given ...

I've had this same arguement with GM's more than just once.
Commander
# 378
04-01-2013, 06:26 PM
You know the scary part about the player-run mafia chat ban system?

The players over on Neverwinter think it's a GOOD thing.
"Let's make our DOff UI bigger, clumsier to use, impossible to sort, AND have it show less information in a useable method than we did before!" - Cryptic with STO's 9.5 'crafting upgrade'.

What were you thinking, Cryptic? Seriously. I want to know.
Commander
# 379
04-01-2013, 06:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nileight1 View Post
There is NO reason for this system to be in place with the other options available.
That's what ignore is for.
We do not need players policing other players.

CRYPTIC: END THIS NOW!!
Agreed. It is far too dangerous a thing for a F2P community to have.
Career Officer
# 380
04-01-2013, 06:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by somebob View Post
You know the scary part about the player-run mafia chat ban system?

The players over on Neverwinter think it's a GOOD thing.
I've noticed that many of the NW players over there don't have any experience with Cryptic games. They had like what, 3 beta weekends? Yeah just wait a little bit after their launch and then you'll see threads like this pop up over there in no time. Same as it did in CO, same as it did here.

-Lantesh
Since Feb. 2009