Survivor of Romulus
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,438
# 11
03-25-2013, 11:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by onlyslightlybent View Post
I wish Cryptic made a Vice admiral NX retrofit. I would pay for that.

I'm in between reading The Romulan War novels and the NX class is pretty damn awesome. Its almost seems a shame the NX currently in the game is only a low level ranked ship.
yeah...but i think CBS wont allow Cryptic to release a t5 version (yes CBS sucks -_-)

Quote:
Originally Posted by borticuscryptic View Post
I find this line of replies sadly hilarious. We put a lot of work into the massive list of fixes/changes above, and ya'll are hung up on the ability to skip our content. =p
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,022
# 12
03-26-2013, 11:20 AM
I'd have to second going for the 3pc romulan set. I use it on my carrier and some of my cruisers specifically to make up for the lack of tac boff slots.

A free mini BO with a dot component and a major damage increase is nothing to sneeze at. Stick it on the back and it doesn't even eat that much DPS. Or replace your DBB with it maybe.

A nadeon detonator with photonic doffs gives you a 45 second cooldown torp ability, as well, and it works with Romulan torps.
Vice Admiral Space Orphidian Possiblities Wizard
Career Officer
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 793
# 13
03-26-2013, 01:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by onlyslightlybent View Post
I wish Cryptic made a Vice admiral NX retrofit. I would pay for that.

I'm in between reading The Romulan War novels and the NX class is pretty damn awesome. Its almost seems a shame the NX currently in the game is only a low level ranked ship.
?? who is author?? i'm not familiar with those books.
Career Officer
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 793
# 14
03-26-2013, 01:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kimmym View Post
I'd have to second going for the 3pc romulan set. I use it on my carrier and some of my cruisers specifically to make up for the lack of tac boff slots.

A free mini BO with a dot component and a major damage increase is nothing to sneeze at. Stick it on the back and it doesn't even eat that much DPS. Or replace your DBB with it maybe.

A nadeon detonator with photonic doffs gives you a 45 second cooldown torp ability, as well, and it works with Romulan torps.
Well I tried the two pieces so far (since i can't get the beam yet). I've noticed, during certain moments when i was blowing away probes that it increased damage. But that doesn't always happen of course.
And yes, I have a Nova-class anti-healer on another science captain and I use 3 photonic doffs help quite a bit with all my photonic abilities.
So do you think it would be better to remove the assimilated module at the moment? or should I take out the phaser relay and stick the nadeon detonator there?
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 3,037
# 15
03-26-2013, 08:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by apocalypse2001 View Post
?? who is author?? i'm not familiar with those books.
They're written by Michael A. Martin. I haven't read them myself (yet), but I've heard they're good.
Say NO to mandatory Arc!
Career Officer
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 793
# 16
03-28-2013, 11:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cynder2012 View Post
yeah...but i think CBS wont allow Cryptic to release a t5 version (yes CBS sucks -_-)
i don't think it has to be a tier 5 version, even a tier 3 version would be awesome. One that evenly balances all the classes. Like an equal number of console slots for science, engineering, and tactical. make it the first all-around ship. Which would perhaps include a special build-in ability unique to that ship. Like the positron beacons XD. Would be able to detect cloaked ships; 2.5-3 minute cool-down. At LEAST 4 weapon hard-points (as it should be) (for a tier 3 version it could have maybe 3 fore and 2 aft!); And for example if you have the grappler equipped, it wouldn't allow you to use it when the beacons are activated (that's obvious). You know little things like that to make it interesting

Last edited by apocalypse2001; 03-28-2013 at 11:11 AM.
Career Officer
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 793
# 17
03-31-2013, 02:47 PM
I've been testing various equipment on the NX, obviously, because I don't have the Romulan beam yet.
Am I correct in assuming that the Omega torpedo has more dps than the Romulan torpedo?? because the information for the Romulan torpedo doesn't mention dps....
Lieutenant
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 67
# 18
03-31-2013, 07:46 PM
You should start with The Good that Men Do, followed by Kobayashi Maru, then the two Romulan War novels

It continues where the show left off. These books are great in that it explains the early beginnings of the proto-Federation and for me it helped explain why Alpha Centauri another human world became a founding Federation member. Also in a few months the next novel is being released that will explore the growing pains of a newly created Starfleet and Federation council.

Try an NX canon build ... no shields, phased cannons, photon torpedos and a polarize hull ability.
Career Officer
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 793
# 19
03-31-2013, 08:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by onlyslightlybent View Post
You should start with The Good that Men Do, followed by Kobayashi Maru, then the two Romulan War novels

It continues where the show left off. These books are great in that it explains the early beginnings of the proto-Federation and for me it helped explain why Alpha Centauri another human world became a founding Federation member. Also in a few months the next novel is being released that will explore the growing pains of a newly created Starfleet and Federation council.

Try an NX canon build ... no shields, phased cannons, photon torpedos and a polarize hull ability.
yeah but books aren't canon. So the "explanations" in there don't count. Every writer who comes up with novel ideas are giving their own ideas to the world or characters; they do it without restrictions. So its very disconcerting to keep reading something completely different every time. I'll only read those if they are well written stories.

Also that authentic build won't be effective, because someone sleeping at the wheel, thought that only putting in 3 weapon hard-points was a good idea, when there should actually be four.

Last edited by apocalypse2001; 03-31-2013 at 08:12 PM.
Career Officer
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 793
# 20
04-04-2013, 09:11 PM
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 08:08 PM.