Lt. Commander
# 11
04-01-2013, 05:49 AM
Until you pick a side you are locked from further missions. You would have to replay missions from lvls 1-10 all the time.

It is also possible that you will be locked from advancing in rang, so you won't be able to buy ships from higher tiers. (But this is just my speculation)
I live in an alternate universe, where j.j. abrams and cryptic never existed,
where R.S.E. is what it always should be.
Rihannsu
# 12
04-01-2013, 06:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thay8472 View Post
Do we have to pick a side? Or an I walk along the line to 50?
AFAIK, further Romulan specific story missions are locked until you choose, and Doffs, also fleets might be a possibility too because your choice determines which faction's fleets you can join. AFAIK there is nothing else that gets locked.

Despite what Kwait said, we don't know yet, if there will be an RR category for Foundry, but I suspect there will.
HAIL HYDRA!

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
I can haz joystick!
MMOs aren't charities. Corporations are supposed to make a profit. It's what they do.
Commander
# 13
04-01-2013, 10:14 AM
Note that there are apparently 40 levels worth of Romulan content, so even though you have to choose your alliance at 10, it doesn't mean your Romulan has to do Fed or KDF content at that point.

With regard to the Foundry, it would be nice if they would add an option to flag your mission for a specific faction in the search function, just as an identifier, not a restriction. This is, of course, in the event that they don't split out Romulan content like Fed/KDF.
Captain
# 14
04-01-2013, 10:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kwiat007 View Post
You choose your allegiance at level 10. After that there are only 2 factions in the game - Federation and Klingons.
No, the RR still has lots of missions and other stuff for after level 10. The only catch is that you can help your allied faction and/or use some of their stuff, if you want to.
"It's not safe out here. It's wondrous, with treasures to satiate desires both subtle and gross. But it's not for the timid."
-- Q