Cryptic Studios Team
# 161
04-01-2013, 12:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thay8472 View Post
I think he means when a ENG using a kit that can spawn mortars dies.. the mortars will stay when a new group of mortals is spawned.
We're focusing on kit swapping in this fix, but intend to adjust how death interacts with these summoned turrets, as well.

The intended behavior that we're aiming for, is for turrets to be allowed to linger after the Engineer's death, but get replaced if s/he summons a new one after respawning.
-=-=-=-=-=-
Jeremy Randall
Cryptic - Systems Design
"Play smart!"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Me
Kurland here...
Lieutenant
# 162
04-01-2013, 12:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by borticuscryptic View Post
The intended behavior that we're aiming for, is for turrets to be allowed to linger after the Engineer's death, but get replaced if s/he summons a new one after respawning.
As it should be. It's already a pain in the backside, having to summon multiple turrets/generators. Meanwhile, while standing there summoning them, you leave yourself exposed to enemy weapons fire.

Summoned turrets/generators should remain if the Engineer dies, but be replaced if the Engineer summons new, and removed entirely if Engineer changes kit.

Looking forward to these fixes. Might one inquire as to adding a new "Summon all" ability to kits with multiple turrets/generators?
Lt. Commander
# 163
04-01-2013, 12:44 PM
Quote:
We're focusing on kit swapping in this fix, but intend to adjust how death interacts with these summoned turrets, as well.

If I were you I would also focus on the sci kit swap that would allow a person to gain nanite health monitor from med kit and carry that into combat with physics kit on etc....

Also the support tech and equip tech kit swap with 3 doffs that allow you to gain double the equip diag firepower procs and thus major firepower and orbital strike that can reach almost 2000 base dmg.

A simple fix would be to have equip diag power put the player on red alert.

Also see if it is possible to have doff swapping disabled during red alert. An engy using equip tech kit can swap those equip diag doffs for shield recharge ones after he gets his proc during red alert.

Last edited by johnharrisonlol; 04-01-2013 at 12:49 PM.
Lt. Commander
# 164
04-01-2013, 12:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by antrenos View Post
As it should be. It's already a pain in the backside, having to summon multiple turrets/generators. Meanwhile, while standing there summoning them, you leave yourself exposed to enemy weapons fire.

Summoned turrets/generators should remain if the Engineer dies, but be replaced if the Engineer summons new, and removed entirely if Engineer changes kit.

Looking forward to these fixes. Might one inquire as to adding a new "Summon all" ability to kits with multiple turrets/generators?
Sure go ahead and summon all in one area so my ghostbuster gun can wipe them all away in one shot
Lieutenant
# 165
04-01-2013, 12:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnharrisonlol View Post
Sure go ahead and summon all in one area so my ghostbuster gun can wipe them all away in one shot
I was thinking mostly for PVE usage. "Borg" don't have ghostbuster guns
Lt. Commander
# 166
04-01-2013, 12:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by antrenos View Post
I was thinking mostly for PVE usage. "Borg" don't have ghostbuster guns
I had better stop you right there before before you give bort here any ideas. Changing things in relation to PVE balance is half the reason why pvp is so effed up in the first place.

Besides do you want your support drone and cover shield to drop at the same time as well? This summon all would actually hurt you more than help you in pve and pvp.
Cryptic Studios Team
# 167
04-01-2013, 12:54 PM
Quote:
If I were you I would also focus on the sci kit swap that would allow a person to gain nanite health monitor from med kit and carry that into combat with physics kit on etc....
All kit powers will be included in this review pass.

Quote:
Also see if it is possible to have doff swapping disabled during red alert. An engy using equip tech kit can swap those equip diag doffs for shield recharge ones after he gets his proc during red alert.
We've just checked in a fix that prevents Doff swapping during combat. This was never intended functionality.
-=-=-=-=-=-
Jeremy Randall
Cryptic - Systems Design
"Play smart!"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Me
Kurland here...
Lt. Commander
# 168
04-01-2013, 12:58 PM
Quote:
All kit powers will be included in this review pass.

We've just checked in a fix that prevents Doff swapping during combat. This was never intended functionality.
That's very good work there. That will solve lots of problems across ground and space by itself.

And to antrenos yeah the animation lock on bunker kit is a pain to deal with but a simpler fix would be reduce the animation lock time on fabbing these kit powers. I would also lower the transphasic bomb fab time by one second if they do adjust fabbing times of these kit powers. In the end if you are with the proper team I have found using a kit with fab powers does nothing but slow you down since the groups can be wiped before your "bunker" is fully created.

Last edited by johnharrisonlol; 04-01-2013 at 01:06 PM.
Career Officer
# 169
04-01-2013, 01:12 PM
Quote:

While additional pets are a real problem of engineer, the one thats related to kit switching currently is in the list as #9 btw:

Quote:
09. Doff: Diagnostic Engineer: Chance to increase ranged damage with Equipment Diagnostics
Issue: The equipment diagnostic doff dmg proc can be stacked, equipping 3 DE doffs while switching through multiple Equipment Technician kits rebuffing equipment diagnostic allows to continuously increase ranged damage (this includes gunfire and orbital strike damage). This allows engineers with enough kits to swap to increase dmg to get close/surpass even tac dmg and for more then one shot even.
What this means is, an engineer would just cast equipment diagnostic while switching through enough KITS to get a guarateed dmg enhancing proc.. or even multiple of those procs (they stack).

Kit switching resets the cooldown on equipment diagnostic, while equipment diagnostic itself won't stack the doff proc from the diagnostic engineers do stack and increase dmg, weapon dmg and orbital strike dmg.
___
Tami, Leader of -FS-
Lt. Commander
# 170
04-01-2013, 01:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikiiy View Post
While additional pets are a real problem of engineer, the one thats related to kit switching currently is in the list as #9 btw:

What this means is, an engineer would just cast equipment diagnostic while switching through enough KITS to get a guarateed dmg enhancing proc.. or even multiple of those procs (they stack).

Kit switching resets the cooldown on equipment diagnostic, while equipment diagnostic itself won't stack the doff proc from the diagnostic engineers do stack and increase dmg, weapon dmg and orbital strike dmg.
Yep mentioned that a few posts ago and yes easiest fix would be putting the equip diag power to place the player on red alert. Bt the time red alert is over the player will have lost over half is firepower buff time. In any case the process would be so much slower and he would be hurting his team by doing little fighting.